Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bought the new home/away/both shirts yet?

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
I've been and bought the home and away. Must say I love the away. The yellow and navy looks better than the pics which didn't do it justice. The home is nice with the yellow trim.
The material does feel very different, not so cheap. Very lightweight.

The Queens Road shop was selling quite a few when I was in there, with quite a few opting for both - including some Japanese tourists. (Do they know something we don't?! Where is Ji Sung Park these days?)

1. Ji Sung Park is Korean
2. He's at QPR (1 year left on his contract)

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Ok, thanks for the correction. They could have been Korean tourists.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
My hubby and son brought one I decided not to as didn't like the home shirt due not enough stripes and the yellow edging! What is that allbabout. I didn't like the away kit either. So money saved.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bought one for each of the kids today at the Amex where they were doing a brisk trade.

They both look good.

The lack of space for name and number on the home shirt back means its going to be very difficult to identify players from the back of their shirts alone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The lack of space for name and number on the home shirt back means its going to be very difficult to identify players from the back of their shirts alone.

The numbers are gold this year and don't appear to have any black edging. I thought they didn't show up very well against the stripes, when watching today.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I wish they would do a more fitted shirt instead of pandering to the lazy fat ****s of this world.

Totally this. My son tried the home shirt on and it was like a sack. So I bought him the away shirt which looks a bit better.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The back of one of our newly acquired shirts.

a5emu8yg.jpg

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
went to the shop this morning "just for a look" but ended up getting the new home kit...love the yellow numbering and lettering!

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Never go for lettering/numbering - my surname is too expensive and wouldn't fit on nicely. To get a player at this point in the season is risky.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
So the back part with american express on it is now a darker blue? Only thing I disliked about the home shirt was how odd the AMEX bit with the brighter blue background looked!

its still lighter than the rest of the blue on the shirt, but not by toooooo much

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They look good but they're still made by Errea and, therefore definitely not worth £40 each. I'll wait until they realise they're overstocked and drop the price.

Am l just about the only person who actually likes Errea?. We have been great customers for them for many many years now, and for me at least, they have come up with some great kits.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Am l just about the only person who actually likes Errea?. We have been great customers for them for many many years now, and for me at least, they have come up with some great kits.

Whilst I don't think they're the best, they are pretty good, and a lot better than some out there. The fabric now is significantly better than back in 1999, although I have noticed a trend by some manufacturers recently to reduce the weight of their fabric. I had a new Macron shirt a couple weeks ago, and where previously I thought they weren't too bad for a smaller firm, this new shirt was not as good as the previous year, felt a lot thinner, could be cost cutting I guess.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bought the new home shirt and love it.

The away shirt does look special though so will probably get that at some point as well.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
I wish they would do a more fitted shirt instead of pandering to the lazy fat ****s of this world.
Perhaps they're not too bad after all if they're pissing off the discriminatory, ignorant *****s of this world. :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here