Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bottom Three in Championship

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Usually one team drops drastically in the last few weeks of the season from appearring to be safe think it could be Fulham, Huddersfield, Reading or Cardiff With obviously Rotherham thrown in the mix.

Well if Rotherham are 'in the mix' then so are we. It seems very unlikely that we will be sucked into it again, but mid-table obscurity has never been our forte has it?

Blackpool are obviously doomed, and for either Wigan or Millwall to escape it would take a run akin to the one we went on in our final season at the Goldstone.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The 2 big mustnt lose games for us are away at Millwall and more so Rotherham All we have to do is avoid defeat in those 2 games then match their results and we will be safe.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The 2 big mustnt lose games for us are away at Millwall and more so Rotherham All we have to do is avoid defeat in those 2 games then match their results and we will be safe.

The fact we go away to those teams means the table is perhaps a trifle misleading. The fact we lost at Blackpool and have looked very vulnerable on the road recently means that defeat at either of those places would not be a surprise to me. However that would still leave Millwall with 7 points to gain on us. That is plenty.

The fact that bookies currently have us between 14 and 20 to 1 to be relegated shows what should be expected. I am just a bit pessimistic, there is work still to be done. I am confident in CH and the team as it now stands. As long as we can avoid injuries to the spine of the team I believe we will be ok.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Win at Reading and we'll be 12 clear with 10 to play.

Surely, surely enough ? ???

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The only 1 I could see escaping is Wigan. Blackpool are done and Milllwall seem to have imploded since they beat us both on and off the pitch. Wigan if they sorted out some home form could put a run together as they seem to be able to win away. That said they have not managed it yet but you never know if they get 1 they could put a few more wins on the board

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

& Wigan Shirley?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The current bottom 3 are looking to be well adrift without any significant recent improvement in their form. Hard to see it changing.
Wigan are still a surprise to me but after a good win in the week they had another bad loss today and time is running out. Can any of them catch Huddersfield who seem to be in free fall? Probably not!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think if Wigan go down they'll be f**ked.

I can see gates of 3-4000 for a evening game at home to Fleetwood. They may disappear.
Those were the gates they use to get in league 1

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I can see gates of 3-4000 for a evening game at home to Fleetwood. They may disappear.

I agree, Dave Whelan (did you know he broke his leg in the Cup Final,doesn't like to mention it though) appears to be losing interest already, what with putting his 10 year old Grandson in charge, and walking off in a huff, I can only see hard times ahead for Wigan

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Has he walked away or just put his grandson in as a token gesture but will still pull the strings himself.

It's since the Government refused to allow him to re-name the town of Wigan, Dave Whelanville, his hugely over inflated ego couldn't handle it

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

I remember them bringing about 20 to a game when we were at Gillingham.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Bottom 3 as it stands. All 3 clubs have been terrible all season and none are capable of going on a run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here