Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bottom 6 remaining games

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
West ham villa last day . . .winner takes all.

We'll be safe by then playing out a mid table mediocrity match at Burnley

Assuming Norwich and Bournemouth are both at least three points adrift of us, we can go into the last day just ONE point ahead of WHU and Villa, and still be safe (with our goal difference). A few assumptions there, but that fixture may help us if things get tight.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
They probably will but looking at that run in I can’t see anymore than three points

Makes you wonder how much the Fraser fiasco has affected B.Muff's squad togetherness? He really is a fud not accepting a short term deal to help them out. Cue him going to Arsenal and joining their elite bunch of morally correct great blokes :)D).

Hope they go down with West Ham and Deliaville.

TNBA

TTF

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Our fixtures are in game order.
The other teams aren't, which is confusing as it looks like four of the teams are playing Burnley at the same time!

Yeah that was the point (different thread) people were saying how much harder our run i was- i was trying to make the point that ours was margially harder, and 3 teams had to do better than us for us to go down.

I have updated it now with a chronological and like for like version - shaded games are away matches.

runin -chronological vs siilarity.jpg

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
There might not be much opportunity for that (two weeks, perhaps?) - as next season needs to start reasonably sharpish (Sept 12th). But the same principle will apply - they will start to focus on 2020/21...

This!

Liverpool will be focussing o being fit ad ready for the defence of their title.
Can't see it being the first team that will rock up to the Amex and even if it is, I can't see them running themselves into the ground.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
will be twists and turns for sure.

Too much at stake for them all to limp down.

Wouldnt surprise me if one of Bournemouth or Villa step up tonight.

Strange things will happen and start happening

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Reckon our last 3 opponents will already have their Summer break heads on with toes in the water and beach sunsunloungers already set up.

Maybe our last four - it's quite possible that City could be guaranteed second place by the time we play them (and they may be more interested in the FAC and CL by then)

Blimey! Bmuff have a tough run in, they could lose every one of those 8 (although I don't think they will)

But I do think they have most to lose from relegation. They can't do what they do on gate money and sponsorship alone, they need tth PL money to keep things going. If they do go down yes they will have parachute payments but if they don't get back up sharpish before that runs out they could be in serious trouble.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Watford isn't quite right as they have played Leicester last weekend.

Yeah I noticed that when doing the final version. there was another balls up in there too!

Hopefully the latest one (chronological and like for like) is correct..

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Blimey! Bmuff have a tough run in, they could lose every one of those 8 (although I don't think they will)

But I do think they have most to lose from relegation. They can't do what they do on gate money and sponsorship alone, they need tth PL money to keep things going. If they do go down yes they will have parachute payments but if they don't get back up sharpish before that runs out they could be in serious trouble.

The run in is a difficult time to predict a difficult game.
Arguably West Ham will have the tougher last 3 games.
Every chance that Muffs last 3 games will be meaningless to their opposition (City/Saints/Everton) , whereas West Ham have Watford/United/Villa.

If they can keep the goals conceded down but match West Ham's results up to that point they could drag West Ham into the bottom 3 on GD.
It will be the team that handles the pressure best, rather than the difficulty of the run in.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Travesty that Bournemouth stuffed us only a few days after we beat them

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
On the fixtures alone, it looks like Norwich, Bournemouth and Villa down. WHU v Villa battle for final spot but think Villa might yet pull it out of the bag if it goes to that last game.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
3 draws Man Utd, Southampton and Burnley
2 wins Norwich and Newcastle
2 losses Man City and Liverpool

I reckon 9 points for us and could get an extra point against Liverpool as they will be on holiday by then

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The run in is a difficult time to predict a difficult game.
Arguably West Ham will have the tougher last 3 games.
Every chance that Muffs last 3 games will be meaningless to their opposition (City/Saints/Everton) , whereas West Ham have Watford/United/Villa.

If they can keep the goals conceded down but match West Ham's results up to that point they could drag West Ham into the bottom 3 on GD.
It will be the team that handles the pressure best, rather than the difficulty of the run in.

Yes. It will also be about squad togetherness. West Ham, Muff and Villa, all have key players who've pretty much decided they're off whatever happens. Whatever manager can cajole the most out of those might just see his team survive. I've a sneaking suspicion on Villa

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here