Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bottle luzzed at Man United team bus

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Wonderful stuff. You don't get this down spoons.

"The monkey was raffled off in the '80s. My grandad brought it home as a present for me and my brother, it was called Tommy.

"My mum got rid of it cos it smelled but I’ve still got the pics somewhere. My gramps was a regular in there from the '50s through until it was burned down in the late '90s. I collected him from there many a time and it was never like it’s being pictured here. As a young female, I was always safe and treated with respect by the men in there"
:lolol: There are a few other links with stories about this pub, this made me laugh.

IMG_1318.jpeg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
OK @Guinness Boy . Here is the result of my research.

First I read your post "They're cuddly loveable football fans who have been wronged by the whole country"

He was baffled. Then I explained it was a comment in a thread about a Liverpool 'fan' luzzing a bottle at a ManU coach.

"He should be locked up" was his response. But he didn't understand your comment.

I explained this was (according to you) a reference to scousers always feeling sorry for themselves.

He didn't understand what that had to do with anything, but agreed that some scousers do feel sorry for themselves, and also see themselves as victims. He mentioned how Thatcher sent Heseltine to Liverpool to look into the Toxteth riots. Apparently Heseltine planted some trees in Toxteth, which signalled, to my pal, that the response was pathetic and not what Liverpool needed.

I decided to goad him a bit with more of your narrative that scousers don't feel part of England. His reply was "That's rubbish".

So my conclusion, based on n=1 per group (him and you) is that your comment was odd and hard to fathom.

I will also hold my hand up and admit to the cardinal NSC sin (in the eyes, normally of the right wing posters on NSC) of taking offense (at your post) on behalf of others. My bad. And so I apologise for suggesting that you were dog whistling the 'always the victim' trope completely out of context, when everyone was condemning the bottle chucker.

OK with that? HWT.
Yep, I think we’re done here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here