Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bottle luzzed at Man United team bus

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes I did see a bit of that. Terrible business.

Is this evidence that Liverpool is worse than other places? I should add that this is a genuine question as I am not there so don't know.
IMO it’s different to most of the UK.

The equivalent would be New York under the Mafia and, to a lesser degree, the Chinatown Triads.

You can’t double blind test, scientifically without doubt prove it though. Mainly because these people don’t talk and, in fact, actively distort. It’s not like testing a vaccine.

EDIT listen in here @BadFish

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Is this evidence that Liverpool is worse than other places? I should add that this is a genuine question as I am not there so don't know.
You did mention other cities, I wouldn’t know about overseas but I don’t remember hearing similar stories recently from English ones where innocent people have been caught in gang shootings and killed.
I also remember a young kid (Everton fan) being killed in a shootout, this wasn’t recently though.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton

I would imagine being at more of a risk of being shot in the head in a pub on Christmas Eve as a innocent bystander, or a young girl being shot in their own home randomly is grounds for a place to be ‘worse’.

That doesn’t mean other places don’t have their own troubles or atrocities happening, but like others have said, it feels amplified in Liverpool.

Liverpool has a lot of good people, but to say it doesn’t have its problems without being labelled as some form of scouse racist is purely ignorant.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I would imagine being at more of a risk of being shot in the head in a pub on Christmas Eve as a innocent bystander, or a young girl being shot in their own home randomly is grounds for a place to be ‘worse’.

That doesn’t mean other places don’t have their own troubles or atrocities happening, but like others have said, it feels amplified in Liverpool.

Liverpool has a lot of good people, but to say it doesn’t have its problems without being labelled as some form of scouse racist is purely ignorant.
👏

Yep, spot on. Being realistic isn’t being against ordinary Liverpudlians.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I lived there for 4 years, put myself in all kinds of late-night situations in various states of inebriation, and with the single instance of the guy who put a gun to my head in the Belgrave in St.Michael’s Hamlet, never saw any trouble at all.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I fear I may have lost the... thread.
Have we concluded that the bottle was thrown by a gangster taxi driver as part of their campaign to drive down the prices of former student houses in Toxteth?
Fairly much.

There’s a touch more nuance, but you stay there. No need to extend this close to Christmas.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I lived there for 4 years, put myself in all kinds of late-night situations in various states of inebriation, and with the single instance of the guy who put a gun to my head in the Belgrave in St.Nichael’s Hamlet, never saw any trouble at all.
After Everton away and a lot of research and googling, Liverpool will likely be one of the places my son will apply to Uni at. I’m good with that too. Great place to spend three or four years with other students but I can’t imagine any of them will stay longer than that.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
After Everton away and a lot of research and googling, Liverpool will likely be one of the places my son will apply to Uni at. I’m good with that too. Great place to spend three or four years with other students but I can’t imagine any of them will stay longer than that.
My youngest lad goes to Portsmouth Uni, he looked at other cities miles away but said he can stay and study in Pompey but still come home to watch the Albion…..good lad. :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When you say get out of there faster than you can say Beatles, it implies they never want to go back.

Nsc is the home of pedantry.

I'll check with my pal Bob, what he thinks about this if I see him later tonight. If he finds your comment offensive then I'll rest my case, on the grounds that, by your own logic, any scouser is the same as any other scouser, with a common view on everything, so one view will clinch it. My guess is that....he won't.

But I accept that a pet peeve is what it is. And sometimes it's known as a prejudice.

:wink:
OK @Guinness Boy . Here is the result of my research.

First I read your post "They're cuddly loveable football fans who have been wronged by the whole country"

He was baffled. Then I explained it was a comment in a thread about a Liverpool 'fan' luzzing a bottle at a ManU coach.

"He should be locked up" was his response. But he didn't understand your comment.

I explained this was (according to you) a reference to scousers always feeling sorry for themselves.

He didn't understand what that had to do with anything, but agreed that some scousers do feel sorry for themselves, and also see themselves as victims. He mentioned how Thatcher sent Heseltine to Liverpool to look into the Toxteth riots. Apparently Heseltine planted some trees in Toxteth, which signalled, to my pal, that the response was pathetic and not what Liverpool needed.

I decided to goad him a bit with more of your narrative that scousers don't feel part of England. His reply was "That's rubbish".

So my conclusion, based on n=1 per group (him and you) is that your comment was odd and hard to fathom.

I will also hold my hand up and admit to the cardinal NSC sin (in the eyes, normally of the right wing posters on NSC) of taking offense (at your post) on behalf of others. My bad. And so I apologise for suggesting that you were dog whistling the 'always the victim' trope completely out of context, when everyone was condemning the bottle chucker.

OK with that? HWT.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would that be your pal who left Liverpool for Faversham as soon as he made some cash?
No. He left Faversham to go back to Liverpool, and came back here only after a divorce.

I think you need to stop now.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I fear I may have lost the... thread.
Have we concluded that the bottle was thrown by a gangster taxi driver as part of their campaign to drive down the prices of former student houses in Toxteth?
My favourite story of Liverpool being rough is a boozer called the Eagle and Child. It was a typical no go boozer but the bit that sticks in the mind is the story - probable urban myth but nothing would surprise me - that some bloke stole a monkey from Knowsley Safari Park and tried to raffle it in the pub. It's definitely shut now and I'm pretty sure it demised when yep, you've guessed it, It caught fire.

If you could somehow weave that into the summary, appreciated.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My favourite story of Liverpool being rough is a boozer called the Eagle and Child. It was a typical no go boozer but the bit that sticks in the mind is the story - probable urban myth but nothing would surprise me - that some bloke stole a monkey from Knowsley Safari Park and tried to raffle it in the pub. It's definitely shut now and I'm pretty sure it demised when yep, you've guessed it, It caught fire.

If you could somehow weave that into the summary, appreciated.
😂😂

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

My youngest lad goes to Portsmouth Uni, he looked at other cities miles away but said he can stay and study in Pompey but still come home to watch the Albion…..good lad. :smile:
He‘d be at home for the first month of the season, a month at Christmas and a month at Easter. Then there are away games - from Liverpool it’s very easy indeed to get to all the games in Manchester, Birmingham (and Liverpool itself of course).

Along with one other Albion supporting mate, I had a fantastic time travelling to away games from Liverpool - although our games then were at Tranmere and Oldham, rather than the Etihad or Old Trafford!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
IMO it’s different to most of the UK.

The equivalent would be New York under the Mafia and, to a lesser degree, the Chinatown Triads.

You can’t double blind test, scientifically without doubt prove it though. Mainly because these people don’t talk and, in fact, actively distort. It’s not like testing a vaccine.

EDIT listen in here @BadFish

Curtis Warren was the partner of my pal Bob's niece. Nasty bit of work (Warren I mean).

Sometimes we can take for granted how lucky we are to live in the soft south.

Last edited:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
😂😂

Wonderful stuff. You don't get this down spoons.

"The monkey was raffled off in the '80s. My grandad brought it home as a present for me and my brother, it was called Tommy.

"My mum got rid of it cos it smelled but I’ve still got the pics somewhere. My gramps was a regular in there from the '50s through until it was burned down in the late '90s. I collected him from there many a time and it was never like it’s being pictured here. As a young female, I was always safe and treated with respect by the men in there"

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
He‘d be at home for the first month of the season, a month at Christmas and a month at Easter. Then there are away games - from Liverpool it’s very easy indeed to get to all the games in Manchester, Birmingham (and Liverpool itself of course).

Along with one other Albion supporting mate, I had a fantastic time travelling to away games from Liverpool - although our games then were at Tranmere and Oldham, rather than the Etihad or Old Trafford!
He meets my other son and friends in London when he can make away games.
Said he’s going back to his student house on NYE for a party :smile:
My wife and myself were quite happy not having to drive far to take and collect his belongings when he was in halls the first year……a friend’s son went to Newcastle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here