Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Botham/Chappell feud

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Beefy was ok in my eyes until he preached Brexshit bollocks from his villa in Spain.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Beefy was ok in my eyes until he preached Brexshit bollocks from his villa in Spain.
Forgetting his on field exploits, even prior to that he was an obnoxious, arrogant and generally unpleasant piece of work with a long rap sheet of scandal and boorish behaviour. A former colleague once served him and a group of his cronies at a bistro/pub in Surrey years back. The word she used to describe her impression of him would trigger the swear filter. His arrogance was personified by his tantrum with Allan Border and another passenger on a flight years ago which eventually earned him the sack from Queensland after he ended up in court with a fine. Border had told the players they were grounded from going out and consuming alcohol until after the upcoming Sheffield Shield match was completed. Botham being Botham thought he was above the rules for everyone else and it kicked off from there.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If there's one person who's influenced me in that way of thinking- someone who's a maverick, who does that to the system- it's Ian Botham.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As so often H, sorry TL;DR. Shame, it looked quite interesting. Especially to one who used to penpal with Helen in her dayjob in a bookshop in London town, and who once promoted the Piranhas in the Medway Towns (spoiler: it ended in tears and a veritable sea of broken glass) and who passively shared their smoke in their TOTP dressing room (had to be careful on that score, seeing as how I worked there). Spent more time reviewing Brighton bands for the Kent Evening Post than I spent reviewing Kent bands 😄

Anyways, enough Top Trumping for now. Back to the matter at hand....
Top work.

You should have more patience with my pontifications. You may enjoy them x

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Didn't Roebuck turn out to be bit of a 'complex character'?

Helped Somerset to inexplicably get shot of Richards, Garner and Botham, then ended up taking his own life after a non cricket related issue?

Sad that anyone has to be in the place that they have to do that.
As I kid I saw roebuck have a run in with some local kids as one of them cracked a joke that he did not like. It was Devon vs Yorkshire in the NatWest trophy probably 94 or 95 I guess. It was raining so us kids all wanted autographs because Yorkshire had some stars. Gough and Richie Richardson being top of our lists. We basically asked everyone but one lad asked Roebuck who was a bit short with him and said something like “you already have mine you daft sod” to which the kid said as quick as flash “sorry, if you were more famous I would not have made that error” and he was not impressed and got angry. It was clearly a joke from the kid but Roebuck didn’t see the funny side when all the other kids did (as did one of the Yorkshire players).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here