Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boston Marathon + all other related incidents UPDATED

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The police/army/swat over reaction by curfewing a whole city whilst looking for one person is absolutely absurd.

Martial Law.

Apparently the mother is saying that the FBI were on both of them, put the ideas into their heads, and could have stopped them at any time. Sounds like it could be the 1993 WTC bombing all over again.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not if he is still a threat, surely? He's got nothing to lose now and could go out all guns blazing.

Add to this the American Blame Culture and you have a possibility of litigation if the police/army make any sort of slip up that leads to any more deaths... other than the suspect, of course.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Of course it is. You do realise that equates to millions of people having their civil liberties removed over a HUGE area.

You do realise that for the terrorists, away deaths count double ? hence the extraordinary lock down.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You do realise that for the terrorists, away deaths count double ? hence the extraordinary lock down.

If there was a man on the run last seen in Mile Oak, even a man on the run with explosives and guns, would it be appropriate to have armoured vehicles moving through every street in Brighton and Hove? "Troops" going door to door, room to room of every house?

That would not be egregious?

It's amazing what fear will do to people.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Of course it is. You do realise that equates to millions of people having their civil liberties removed over a HUGE area.

The lockdown is voluntary in the Boston area, the only area that is mandatory is Water Town with a population of 30,000. Of which they have searched and cleared 70% of the town as of about 20 minutes. The public have been asked to help the Police by staying indoors. Those that went to work have been allowed home, except into Water Town.

My friends that live in Boston, miles away from any of the Water Town activities took the day off, had a potluck party and stayed in watching the updates on the many news channels. They do not feel their civil liberties have been removed in any way at all, in fact they are quite hammered right now.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The ability for these two young men to become 'heavily armed' - reap what you sew with your lax gun control America, reap what you sew.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The ability for these two young men to become 'heavily armed' - reap what you sew with your lax gun control America, reap what you sew.

Some of the families trapped in their homes while this is going on will have a firearm/firearms, and some families won't.

Which do you think will feel safer?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If there was a man on the run last seen in Mile Oak, even a man on the run with explosives and guns, would it be appropriate to have armoured vehicles moving through every street in Brighton and Hove? "Troops" going door to door, room to room of every house?

er, yes, yes it would be appropriate. what do you suggest? let the man hijack another car or two, have another shoot out in the street, maybe let him get out of town. i suppose that makes it someone elses problem. let him get to the state line then smash in his headlight, that'll learn him.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
er, yes, yes it would be appropriate. what do you suggest? let the man hijack another car or two, have another shoot out in the street, maybe let him get out of town. i suppose that makes it someone elses problem. let him get to the state line then smash in his headlight, that'll learn him.

922911_526219667446012_1051029543_n.jpg

BIN3W0ICIAInmah.jpg

547941_564743030215018_1047702741_n.jpg

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
the boston stuff just does not add up - surely a man who plants a bomb is not going to rob a CCTV'd 7-eleven the next day in the city centre.....and then curfews and swat teams on the streets.....even the relatives think they are being setup.

To coin CT is just to label, generalise and pigeon hole, and it diverts from the thread, and the strangeness and holes in the MSM (main stream media) reports.

Aunt of Boston Bombers thinks they were setup - YouTube

Reports are now suggesting that there is actually no connection between the robbery and the marathon bombers.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
It wouldn't be egregious but a positive result could lead to a populous conclusion.

That would not be egregious?

It's amazing what fear will do to people.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Why would you not keep white wine chilled in the fridge instead of leaving it to mellow out at room temperature? So wrong.

I have a feeling that is a bottle of Sake, best drunk at room temperature or even hot...many clues in the picture lead me to believe this is an Asian family...a bowl, possibly noodles...piano in the background...nice DSLR camera on the table...

I conclude this as my better half is Asian and our front room looks similar, but replace the gents in black looking confused, with two boys ripping the place apart.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
No, shape of the bottle neck is definitely white wine...

I have a feeling that is a bottle of Sake, best drunk at room temperature or even hot...many clues in the picture lead me to believe this is an Asian family...a bowl, possibly noodles...piano in the background...nice DSLR camera on the table...

I conclude this as my better half is Asian and our front room looks similar, but replace the gents in black looking confused, with two boys ripping the place apart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here