Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boston Marathon + all other related incidents UPDATED

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Glad to see that some people are waking up to what I said :)

It sucks to go online right now and see the comments sections of various websites. All of them begging to help America, defend America and America doesn't deserve it etc. Very few Americans actually seem to realise that they have caused death and devastation all over the world. They seem to have so much pride for their country and they can't do anything wrong. Sickens me really. They need to wake up.

Well, thank god an 8 year old boy has been taken down to help even the score a bit, eh?

Last edited:

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
So, just so I understand, you would stick by your statement that you have NO sympathy for the 8 year old innocent boy who has been killed, or his family? None at all?

Why would I feel sympathetic? I don't know him or his family, it is very hard to be a little bit sad in those cases. Yes, it is a horrendous thing to have happened, but being sympathetic is a very strong word.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Well, thank god an 8 year old boy has been taken down to help even the score a bit, eh?

You changed what you said. Obscure. Anyway, does it matter if the person is 8, 30 or 80? You can't dwell on it being a young age. The fact is, that area was still responsible for deaths of people in England and Ireland. They seem to have forgotten that, and that is terrible. Yes, what happened is a bad thing, but how many of those people were 'sympathetic' (as you say) to what was going on here? Americans turn a blind eye to everything, and want everybody to come to their aid when they have a problem like this.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why would I feel sympathetic? I don't know him or his family, it is very hard to be a little bit sad in those cases. Yes, it is a horrendous thing to have happened, but being sympathetic is a very strong word.

It's not really, at all, is it? It's a very simple, mild word, expressing an emotion that 99% of the world's population would feel when considering the plight of an innocent 8 year old victim of a terrorist attack, regardless of their nationality or background.

Like many, I share your views on Boston's Irish-American population and their historic support of such actions in the UK, but unlike you, that doesn't preclude me from showing a bit of humanity.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's not really, at all, is it? It's a very simple, mild word, expressing an emotion that 99% of the world's population would feel when considering the plight of an innocent 8 year old victim of a terrorist attack, regardless of their nationality or background.

Thank god. I thought I had misunderstood the meaning of 'sympathy' after Aseros's definition.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Thank god. I thought I had misunderstood the meaning of 'sympathy' after Aseros's definition.

Sympathy involves feeling sad for somebody else. I don't feel sad, it is a terrible thing to have happened, but I don't feel sad. In fact, I doubt many people on this thread truly feel sympathetic.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Like many, I share your views on Boston's Irish-American population and their historic support of such actions in the UK, but unlike you, that doesn't preclude me from showing a bit of humanity.

A good summary that mirrors my views.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sympathy involves feeling sad for somebody else. I don't feel sad, it is a terrible thing to have happened, but I don't feel sad. In fact, I doubt many people on this thread truly feel sympathetic.

You don't understand people then. This child was from Sandy Hook where another tragedy had taken place in December.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If you remove human emotion from the situation there are arguments to say that Boston was one of the biggest sources of revenue for the IRA, I wonder if some of those who donated regret their actions now that the ugly business of bombing civilians has happened a bit closer to home.

There is also an argument to say that the USA has bombed and killed countless thousands of civilians around the world which is largely unreported.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of men, women and children who die every day as a result of disease, famine and poverty. In the grand scheme of things a couple of people in Boston out of a population of 6 billion isn't going to make much difference. There were probably more deaths in Boston yesterday as a result of drugs and alcohol than this bomb.

HOWEVER................

We are all human beings with emotions, people dying in any context is sad. This event was designed by terrorists to happen at an easy target in front of TV cameras and media, of course it is going to get massive coverage because it's unusual, more coverage than a faceless child dying of starvation in Africa, more than a bomb blast in a country where it is a regular occurrance. You cannot try to rationalise these things, and as such there's no point in arguing about it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Offensive ramblings? Only other things I have said here which could be slightly controversial is the fact that Nelson Mandela is a terrorist, which is true. There is no argument about that. Although I did get banned for calling him a terrorist despite it being factually accurate. The second was a thread on North Korea which stated there was a propaganda with the governments of the world leading us to believe that it is really a horrendous place to live. However, nobody had any proof that it was bad, apart from accounts from those that 'escaped' (they may not even have been from North Korea?) so yeah, I have said nothing offensive at all. Everything I say is accurate, and I really do have no sympathy for those in Boston. I don't live there, I won't ever live there, its hard to sympathise for somebody that is so far away and that is unlikely to affect me in any way. Their funding of the IRA did affect me.

Just like your taxes funded a military that killed innocents.

You're no better than the people your hating on. What a blockhead.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Can I politely suggest you give this one up. You've made your views known - I don't want to read them any more.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
You don't understand people then. This child was from Sandy Hook where another tragedy had taken place in December.

Uhm, no he wasn't. He didn't live anywhere close to that :s Don't believe the media....

All reports indicate that everybody from Sandy Hook got away unharmed.

I for one feel a DEEP sadness and have utmost sympathy for the parents and other family of this child who will right now be struggling to comprehend what has happened.

I tend to always get this feeling when hearing of the loss of people in terrorist attacks, maybe I'm odd.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I tend to always get this feeling when hearing of the loss of people in terrorist attacks, maybe I'm odd.

I felt sadness for the London bombings as I was there at the time and helped a few people. However, I am sadly unable to feel sad for people on the other side of the globe. I presume that makes me odd? It's just very difficult for me to form a connection with people I don't know.

I felt sadness for the London bombings as I was there at the time and helped a few people. However, I am sadly unable to feel sad for people on the other side of the globe. I presume that makes me odd? It's just very difficult for me to form a connection with people I don't know.

In all seriousness, yes, I think it does. Do you not feel a single bit of compassion towards the family, not at all?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here