Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boston Marathon + all other related incidents UPDATED

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
All these people on social network who are so upset about it. I have no desire to go to the US and think the Iraq bomb is far worse.

There is a difference in mentality. 24 hours earlier people were running or supporting the Brighton marathon. No-one even considered the fact a bomb could go off. For me it's that reason it's shocking. If I went to Iraq I'd be thinking about dangers, but wouldn't in Boston. The very fact I was doing the exact same thing the day before makes it more real and scary.

Iraq will never get the same news time as in essence it's not news worthy in the same way. Rightly or wrongly that's just the way of the western world.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
There is a difference in mentality. 24 hours earlier people were running or supporting the Brighton marathon. No-one even considered the fact a bomb could go off. For me it's that reason it's shocking. If I went to Iraq I'd be thinking about dangers, but wouldn't in Boston. The very fact I was doing the exact same thing the day before makes it more real and scary.

Iraq will never get the same news time as in essence it's not news worthy in the same way. Rightly or wrongly that's just the way of the western world.

Agree. Im talking about loss of life in general. Is it really that shocking? I thought it would have happened a few more times than it has since 9/11. Especially at a sporting event, as I would think it would be easy with no real security at these events and so many people being there.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
There is a difference in mentality.

Just a wild guess but that might be the reason that Arabs feel that we don't care about them or their countries...only their oil.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Crass, badly timed, and incredibly poor taste, from Aseros (and Danny Baker, for that matter).

But there is a debate to be had here at some point, because the obvious answer to your point Bakero would be:-

3 year old Johnathan Ball & 12 year old Tim Parry didn't want to 'die of the cause' in Warrington, either.

One man's freedom fighter is another man terrorist.
But as said, now certainly isn't the time for that debate.

No debate about this target surely? It was an INTERNATIONAL sporting event. If it was three of their Irish bars then it would be a completely different matter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Innocent victims are innocent victims no matter the motives. I really don't see what debate is to be had at this time or another.
That's because you are applying the rational thinking of a 'normal' person.
Anyone doing this, and in the case of the wider point, funding this, clearly isn't rational or normal.

The point being made, which I don't agree with because you are correct, innocent victims... .

Boston, openly financed The IRA in the name of the cause, to carry out near identical attacks, such as Warrington, 3000 miles away. This only stopped because of 9/11, when 'the cause' became real for the people of Boston, and moved to 'freedom fighting' to the acts of terrorism that it was.

No debate about this target surely? It was an INTERNATIONAL sporting event. If it was three of their Irish bars then it would be a completely different matter.
Full of tourists :shrug:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
That's because you are applying the rational thinking of a 'normal' person.
Anyone doing this, and in the case of the wider point, funding this, clearly isn't rational or normal.

The point being made, which I don't agree with because you are correct, innocent victims... .

Boston, openly financed The IRA in the name of the cause, to carry out near identical attacks, such as Warrington, 3000 miles away. This only stopped because of 9/11, when 'the cause' became real for the people of Boston, and moved to 'freedom fighting' to the acts of terrorism that it was.

Full of tourists :shrug:

Indeed. There were 300 Brits taking part according to the TV.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Disgusting

It was a silly comment , I'm gutted for anybody killed or injured in yesterday's disgusting , cowardly attack , but it's undeniable that the "Irish"population of boston raised huge amounts of money to finance the bombs that killed so many people during the most recent troubles ,now those that contributed have some idea what if feels like to be on the receiving end .

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Not really, if you consider some of his other inane and offensive ramblings.

Offensive ramblings? Only other things I have said here which could be slightly controversial is the fact that Nelson Mandela is a terrorist, which is true. There is no argument about that. Although I did get banned for calling him a terrorist despite it being factually accurate. The second was a thread on North Korea which stated there was a propaganda with the governments of the world leading us to believe that it is really a horrendous place to live. However, nobody had any proof that it was bad, apart from accounts from those that 'escaped' (they may not even have been from North Korea?) so yeah, I have said nothing offensive at all. Everything I say is accurate, and I really do have no sympathy for those in Boston. I don't live there, I won't ever live there, its hard to sympathise for somebody that is so far away and that is unlikely to affect me in any way. Their funding of the IRA did affect me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Everything I say is accurate, and I really do have no sympathy for those in Boston. I don't live there, I won't ever live there, its hard to sympathise for somebody that is so far away and that is unlikely to affect me in any way. Their funding of the IRA did affect me.

Ok, now I've changed my opinion of you.

Clearly you are COOL and EDGEY.

Offensive ramblings? Only other things I have said here which could be slightly controversial is the fact that Nelson Mandela is a terrorist, which is true. There is no argument about that. Although I did get banned for calling him a terrorist despite it being factually accurate. The second was a thread on North Korea which stated there was a propaganda with the governments of the world leading us to believe that it is really a horrendous place to live. However, nobody had any proof that it was bad, apart from accounts from those that 'escaped' (they may not even have been from North Korea?) so yeah, I have said nothing offensive at all. Everything I say is accurate, and I really do have no sympathy for those in Boston. I don't live there, I won't ever live there, its hard to sympathise for somebody that is so far away and that is unlikely to affect me in any way. Their funding of the IRA did affect me.

You are factually correct in that Mandela was a convicted terrorist and in certain places in Boston funds were indeed raised for the IRA.

It could even be true that the EIGHT year old boy killed in yesterdays attack donated his pocket money to the cause.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Scary sounding stuff (explosions) at Boston Marathon

You are factually correct in that Mandela was a convicted terrorist and in certain places in Boston funds were indeed raised for the IRA.

It could even be true that the EIGHT year old boy killed in yesterdays attack donated his pocket money to the cause.

Don't forget the competitors from 90 countries who were undoubtably raising money for the IRA too and equally undeserving of his sympathy as he has never been there either.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Oh come on, I doubt whether anyone commenting enjoys the scenes at the Boston marathon, especially the loss of life of such a young victim, no-one there deserved what happened yesterday.

However I tend to agree, when bombs were going off throughout the UK and in Brighton too with innocent loss of life the main contributors to the IRA was maybe some sections of the USA population and maybe some of Boston's own Irish community.

Being in Boston it does hold some resonance as I cannot recall much condemnation ( from some parts ) when our own were being blown up, quite the contrary, they continued unabated to pass around the collection tins......

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Found this that reports 12 dead and a suspect in custody

(NaturalNews) The NY Post is reporting that a Saudi national has been arrested as a suspect in the Boston marathon bombing that took place today. The same paper is now reporting 12 dead, 50 injured in the bombing, representing a significant increase in fatalities over early reports.
The NY Post is also reporting, "Boston police have surveillance video of someone bringing multiple backpacks to blast site, according to CBS News."
This story has now been contradicted by a report that says the arrest of the Saudi national was nothing more than a "rumor." Meanwhile, the mainstream media is hyperventilating in its effort to try to blame "right-wing extremists" even without a single shred of proof to back up those claims.

The NY Post goes on to report something very fishy:

Police also confirmed that there was a third explosion, at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum. It was not immediately clear how much damage was done or whether it was related to the bombings at the marathon finish line. The library bombing occurred about 4:30 p.m. and more than a mile from the marathon.
Third explosion was already reported as a "controlled explosion" by the Boston bomb squad
But Natural News has confirmed that the "library bombing" was pre-announced as a "controlled explosion" event by the Boston bomb squad, less than one hour after the initial marathon bombings.

As the Boston Globe reported earlier today:

Officials: There will be a controlled explosion opposite the library within one minute as part of bomb squad activities.
Furthermore, according to Local15TV.com, a University of Mobile's Cross Country Coach said there were bomb-sniffing dogs at both the start and finish lines, long before any explosions went off. He said:
"They kept making announcements on the loud speaker that it was just a drill and there was nothing to worry about. It seemed like there was some sort of threat, but they kept telling us it was just a drill."
The deployment of bomb drills on the same day as "terrorist bombings" is a red flag that might point to a false flag operation (but it's still very early to tell, as more information is coming in). It does not necessarily mean this was a false flag bombing, but it begins to raise questions. As this news is all still very preliminary, don't put too much trust in early reports by the press. They may simply be mistaken. However, the NY Post reporting a "controlled explosion" event as a "third bomb" within one hour of the original bombings does raise red flags.
As anyone who has worked with police knows, it takes far more than one hour to analyze, rig and detonate a suspicious bomb package.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Did the US ever apologise for funding the IRA attacks on Britain? They should have.

However I tend to agree, when bombs were going off throughout the UK and in Brighton too with innocent loss of life the main contributors to the IRA was maybe some sections of the USA population and maybe some of Boston's own Irish community.

Being in Boston it does hold some resonance as I cannot recall much condemnation ( from some parts ) when our own were being blown up, quite the contrary, they continued unabated to pass around the collection tins......
Indeed.

I am full of sympathy for those affected by the bombs yesterday. But I do have a fair amount of hatred for those that helped fund the IRA.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Glad to see that some people are waking up to what I said :)

It sucks to go online right now and see the comments sections of various websites. All of them begging to help America, defend America and America doesn't deserve it etc. Very few Americans actually seem to realise that they have caused death and devastation all over the world. They seem to have so much pride for their country and they can't do anything wrong. Sickens me really. They need to wake up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here