Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro v Hull

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes.

Only if we plan on losing it, and we'd need 4 more points than Hull too. The reasons it's worse if Hull do well:
1) We don't play them on the last game, meaning we don't have a way of catching up a couple of points on the last day.
2) They have an easier run in than 'boro, and should get more points.
3) They haven't just had a manager and team bust up disaster, so if they win they could go on a good run, whereas there's a fair chance 'boro will mess things up even if they win today, as the team is in a mess off the pitch.

1) yes we do, we beat Boro.
2) Hull have drawn against MK, Shef W and Forest, and lost against Birmingham so they are not ripping games up. An easy run in doesn't look like it counts for anything.
3) As I said I want Boro out of contention by the time we play them, and we pick up an easy 3 points.

Preferably a draw though, but if not, a Hull win for me.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
What will be will be. The only thing Brighton can do is get as many points as they can from the remaining games. Then we will see if its enough for top 2.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes it is. A draw or Boro win keeps it in our hands
A Hull win leaves us relying on a hull or Burnley slip up.
Hull's run in is the easiest of the 4 teams. Burnley have a six point advantage. All 3 teams have better GD.

Whatever the result is, it will still be in our hands, Hull have recently got 3 points from a possible 12.

I don't want to go into our last game with less than 4 points between us an Boro.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
1) yes we do, we beat Boro.
That won't let us catch up any points on Hull if they can win their home game against Rotherham.
An easy run in doesn't look like it counts for anything.
It does.
3) As I said I want Boro out of contention by the time we play them, and we pick up an easy 3 points.
They could be out of contention for the top two, but they'd still be preparing for the playoffs, so they'll want to go into those in good form.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
They've mentioned Brighton at least twice already - I'm sure that'll make some on here happy.

I know what you are getting at but I am not precious like many are, but you cannot ignore the fact that we are 2nd been up there all season yet the so called pundits either don't mention us or say we will fall away, to any Brighton fan that is at the least annoying.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That won't let us catch up any points on Hull if they can win their home game against Rotherham.
It does.
They could be out of contention for the top two, but they'd still be preparing for the playoffs, so they'll want to go into those in good form.

:) As I said, I want to go into the last game with Boro out of contention. A Boro win tonight will just spur them on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
top 4 excluding us remaining fixtures after this weekend are;

BORO HULL BURNLEY DERBY

QPR a Bristol City h BHA a Cardiff a
Huddersfield h Derby a Cardiff h Hull h
PNE h Huddersfield a Leeds h Bolton h a
Reading h Wolves h Birmingham a Charlton a
Bolton a Reading a Middlesbro h Bristol City a
Burnley a Leeds h PNE a Sheff Wed h
Ipswich h Brentford h QPR h BHA a
Birmingham a Bolton a Charlton a Ipswich h
BHA h Rotherham h

Sorry not in column but didnt know how to do that. They looked to be before I pushed button to post it.

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
top 4 remaining fixtures after this weekend are;

BORO HULL BURNLEY DERBY

QPR a Bristol City h BHA a Cardiff a
Huddersfield h Derby a Cardiff h Hull h
PNE h Huddersfield a Leeds h Bolton h a
Reading h Wolves h Birmingham a Charlton a
Bolton a Reading a Middlesbro h Bristol City a
Burnley a Leeds h PNE a Sheff Wed h
Ipswich h Brentford h QPR h BHA a
Birmingham a Bolton a Charlton a Ipswich h
BHA h Rotherham h

What is this?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Im puzzled that youve included the team in 5th in your fixtures for the top 4

I'm puzzled that he actually manages to post ANYTHING, let alone that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here