Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro v Hull

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
What you're missing is that this will be a confidence boost for 'boro. It's two weeks until their next game, two weeks that they can all feel good about themselves and their prospects of finishing in the top two. Had they have drawn, it would be two weeks of wondering if the manager should stay, if he knows what he's doing or what team he should pick, wondering whether they'll miss out on the automatic promotion, and when they'll actually win again.

Even if Hull had got a point (a decent away point under normal circumstances) it would still have been 5 games without a win, a run that's seen them drop from 1st in the table to 4th.

The team are divided, some of the players want him gone and others feel they should be 1st team regulars but Karanka isn't playing them. Boro will spend the next 2 weeks arguing and bickering between themselves and will drop points at QPR.

I'm happy to see Hull miss out

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The team are divided, some of the players want him gone and others feel they should be 1st team regulars but Karanka isn't playing them. Boro will spend the next 2 weeks arguing and bickering between themselves and will drop points at QPR.

I'm happy to see Hull miss out

I think this is a real possibility and just hope that it happens

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Ian Holloway performing O.S

giphy.gif

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Just think how demoralised Hull will be feeling now, 90 odd minutes and you are thinking job done! On the other hand the self doubt in Boro will still be there, as it took them so long to break down a team that has been underperforming of late. See there's two ways to twist everything!

Good result in brilliant circumstances!

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Still bollocks to what they do let's just keep winning our games. If we do that others will slip up.

True, but the narrow Boro win means we are, to an extent still in control of our destiny. We're now in a position where, still having Boro to play, if we win every game we're in the top two no matter what anyone else does. If Hull had won that wouldn't have been the case.

I know winning every game is incredibly unlikely, but I don;t like being in a position where is someone else does it, they're home free.

Now, we just need to work on each game one at a time, knowing that if it comes together we're not relying on someone else failing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Obviously I hope you're right. Who do you think will feel they should be in the 1st team and cause a problem?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought we wanted the Boro manager to stay for as long as possible. Could work out for the best.
It's a hard one to call. After their little issue, and deciding he was going to stay, I'm not sure they'd have got rid of him after a draw.

Anyway, the most important thing was that we won. Happy days.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Obviously I hope you're right. Who do you think will feel they should be in the 1st team and cause a problem?

Downing & Nugent could cause a problem or two. They both came on against Hull and the starting 11 will contain a few who are worried about playing. But the unrest will come from those who wanted Karanka to leave

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Downing & Nugent could cause a problem or two. They both came on against Hull
But like you say, they both came on, so they were in the first team and played. And Nugent scored.

But the unrest will come from those who wanted Karanka to leave
I think they'll know they have the best chance of promotion if he stays until the end of the season, and then they can get the knives out. If they match the results of others, they go up, so I doubt they'll be too down.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
But like you say, they both came on, so they were in the first team and played. And Nugent scored.

I think they'll know they have the best chance of promotion if he stays until the end of the season, and then they can get the knives out. If they match the results of others, they go up, so I doubt they'll be too down.

Biggest thing for us is getting Ayala back and playing with gibson at centre half. Gibson injured early season and Ayala since jan. Games they both have played together this season.

With Ayala and Gibson at top, without below.
P14 W11 D3 L0 F23 A3 Pts 36
P23 W10 D4 L9 F25 A20 Pts 34

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here