Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro v Hull

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
If only it were that easy. Of course the number one hope is that we win, starting with tomorrow.

It's most likely that all of us will drop points on more than one occasion, so of course it makes sense to hope the others do so a lot.

Of course it's not that easy but better to have that mindset than those that are pouring over the remaining fixtures of all the teams and trying to predict every result. If it's meant to be then it'll happen and if not it'll be Burton away first game next season.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Tempted to get a 24 hour sky pass for tonight esp as girlfriend is out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You're correct of course. :) I'll be happy as long as Hull don't win.
Even if the worst happens, we can still enjoy a snigger aimed at 'boro.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Even if the worst happens, we can still enjoy a snigger aimed at 'boro.

Very true. Draw is best tonight, but actually any result is ok as at least one of our rivals will have dropped points, and since we don't know what the rest of the fixtures hold there's not much margin in this game unless we know which is the more likely team to be there at the end.

I hope it's a 0-0 draw, with both teams playing shockingly, lots of errors, passing to the opposition. Essentially, morale-sapping stuff is what I want to see.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Absolutely looking forward to watching this potentially exciting and fascinating game for 85 minutes after which I hope it ends up as a boring draw.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Very true. Draw is best tonight, but actually any result is ok as at least one of our rivals will have dropped points, and since we don't know what the rest of the fixtures hold there's not much margin in this game unless we know which is the more likely team to be there at the end.

I hope it's a 0-0 draw, with both teams playing shockingly, lots of errors, passing to the opposition. Essentially, morale-sapping stuff is what I want to see.

Draw is best for us as win for either would put us back in third on points whereas a draw would leave us equal second on points but only with an inferior goal difference.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Draw is best for us as win for either would put us back in third on points whereas a draw would leave us equal second on points but only with an inferior goal difference.
Of course, but I guess the point is that even if the result's not what we want, there will be a silver lining (one of our rivals losing).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A draw is the best result. 2 points is less than 3 points.

:)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is it though?
Yes.

We will need to have 4 more points than Boro when we go into the last game.
Only if we plan on losing it, and we'd need 4 more points than Hull too. The reasons it's worse if Hull do well:
1) We don't play them on the last game, meaning we don't have a way of catching up a couple of points on the last day.
2) They have an easier run in than 'boro, and should get more points.
3) They haven't just had a manager and team bust up disaster, so if they win they could go on a good run, whereas there's a fair chance 'boro will mess things up even if they win today, as the team is in a mess off the pitch.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Best result is a draw, but if anyone wins I hope it is Boro.

If Boro win then they will be 2 points ahead having played the same games, and Hull will still be 2 points behind having played the same number of games. As we still have to play Boro and not Hull, promotion is therefore 100% in our own hands if Boro win tonight. As it also is if it is a draw.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Is it though? We will need to have 4 more points than Boro when we go into the last game. I reckon the best thing for us is to see them out of contention asap.

Yes it is. A draw or Boro win keeps it in our hands
A Hull win leaves us relying on a hull or Burnley slip up.
Hull's run in is the easiest of the 4 teams. Burnley have a six point advantage. All 3 teams have better GD.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thank god the game will be over soon, as we seem to have repeated ourselves a hundred times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here