Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro meltdown

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You can't just switch to 442 it needs work on the training ground they tried it at Blackburn and failed have a hunch Charlton will nick a win today..

Maybe but they do have the players with 3 brillIant box-to-box midfielders who are on par with Stephens & Kayal, an impressive set of full backs and strong target men in Nugent and Rhodes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This. It wasn't the players who Gus fell out with, it was the heirarchy at the club, Tony Bloom, Paul Barber et al. As you say the players, to a man, were all loyal to him.

Hopefully it will have the same result though. Eye off the ball and underachievement at season's end

Not sure the team had a motivated Gus behind them by play off leg two

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hopefully it will have the same result though. Eye off the ball and underachievement at season's end

Not sure the team had a motivated Gus behind them by play off leg two

I know we didn't have a motivated Gus by then...

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
All the talk about Boro meltdown I read is about how good it all is for Burnley and Hull.

Is our entry in the league table written in invisible ink ?

Amazing, when you consider we started the season with a record breaking unbeaten run. We then suffered a near crippling run of injuries, that would also have derailed Burnley, Boro and Hull ( All three have had pretty settled squads all season ) We have shown the character to claw our way back into contention and now we have players back, we have lost just once in 10 games, taking 21 points. Outside of the difficult situation of the injury ridden blip ( 5 games 1 point ) we have averaged 2.06 pts per game. I believe, that without the serious injuries, we would have maintained that form and would have 73-74 points now.
The press and pundits just don't want to admit that ( along with Burnley ) we would be walking this division now, if we hadn't experienced such a run of injuries.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
The Middlesbrough manager situation adds an extra layer to what should be a fun event this afternoon. If you aren't aware various Charlton protest groups have vowed to get today's live Sky game abandoned in protest at our barmy Belgian owner. Not sure if the protests will actually be as effective as people are making out on social media (we don't have the most vociferous/proactive of fanbases these days) but a 60th minute mass pitch invasion in one of several things that has been announced. On the remote chance it did get abandoned I wonder if the league would force a closed door replay? Strictly speaking they ought to award the game 3-0 to Boro, which whilst less than they'll probably win by anyway, doesn't seem fair on the other promotion challengers...

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The Middlesbrough manager situation adds an extra layer to what should be a fun event this afternoon. If you aren't aware various Charlton protest groups have vowed to get today's live Sky game abandoned in protest at our barmy Belgian owner. Not sure if the protests will actually be as effective as people are making out on social media (we don't have the most vociferous/proactive of fanbases these days) but a 60th minute mass pitch invasion in one of several things that has been announced. On the remote chance it did get abandoned I wonder if the league would force a closed door replay? Strictly speaking they ought to award the game 3-0 to Boro, which whilst less than they'll probably win by anyway, doesn't seem fair on the other promotion challengers...

We'll all be rooting for you....after all, Boro did lose at Rotherham the other day.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

just wait until they are winning .........................then strike

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Whats the Ventokele situation is he still at charlton or unfit ?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
All the talk about Boro meltdown I read is about how good it all is for Burnley and Hull.

Is our entry in the league table written in invisible ink ?

Confirmed earlier on MOTD extra (or whatever it's called) they were discussing the Boro situation, it went like this.
It's extraordinary what is happening at this stage of the season and where they are in the league.
Yes, I agree, Burnley and Hull still have their managers from when they came down so they know what is required for promotion.
Yes, and you also have Derby & Sheffield Wednesday trying to gain promotion as well.

Then I waited for one of them to mention Brighton but nothing happened and they moved on to a different subject.
I have no idea why the so called pundits do not recognise us.
It's starting to make my piss boil.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Confirmed earlier on MOTD extra (or whatever it's called) they were discussing the Boro situation, it went like this.
It's extraordinary what is happening at this stage of the season and where they are in the league.
Yes, I agree, Burnley and Hull still have their managers from when they came down so they know what is required for promotion.
Yes, and you also have Derby & Sheffield Wednesday trying to gain promotion as well.

Then I waited for one of them to mention Brighton but nothing happened and they moved on to a different subject.
:lolol:

THEY ARE REALLY BIG TEAMS DON'T YOU KNOW
coming up on the rails to ram it down their throats

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Nah, relax. Let's stay under the radar, and emerge at the last minute, unfancied, as automatically promoted. Remember Bournmouth. The last thing we need is attention :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Downing back in the team having orchestrated a little uprising against his manager who is absent for the game instead. He must be proud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here