Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro meltdown

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Chin up Boro, I can only see this as good for you and bad for us.
That 20 million quids worth of subs will now play and in a formation that will allow Rhodes to at least get chances to score.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Sounds like it to me, why isn't it? Manager not liking input from other people at the club is the basic jist of it.

It's because he's fallen out with Downing, Ayala, and Adomah and subsequently lost the dressing room. Gus had his faults but he never lost the dressing room - in fact players absolutely loved playing for him.

There really are no parallels here,

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Sounds like it to me, why isn't it? Manager not liking input from other people at the club is the basic jist of it.
There is a golf course at the Middlesbrough training ground.

Gus wouldn't have stormed out, he'd have just got his clubs :lolol:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Everyone blasted Vicente, and you know very well the likes of Bennett, Buckley, El Abd and plenty of others all loved playing for him. The huge clear out post Poyet (of non playing staff too) demonstrated that.

Poyet didn't leave because he lost the dressing room. He left because he wanted more £££ next season and TB wouldn't allow it. He threw his toys and the rest is history.

AK has lost the dressing room and can't handle the pressure, not like GP situation at all.

Can't we all just enjoy 'Boro's implosion without looking for tenuous, at best, parallels to the Poyet situation?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It could work to Boro's advantage if the players have had an issue with Karanka.

I have to agree with you. Some players are going to be on a massive high knowing that together, they've got rid of Karnaka (albeit temporary for now). Perhaps we'll see Rhodes, Downing and even Ayala back in the team today in a traditional Championship style 4-4-2. They have the players to smash Charlton to pieces & I won't be surprised if they do.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have to agree with you. Some players are going to be on a massive high knowing that together, they've got rid of Karnaka (albeit temporary for now). Perhaps we'll see Rhodes, Downing and even Ayala back in the team today in a traditional Championship style 4-4-2. They have the players to smash Charlton to pieces & I won't be surprised if they do.
You can't just switch to 442 it needs work on the training ground they tried it at Blackburn and failed have a hunch Charlton will nick a win today..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gus had his faults but he never lost the dressing room - in fact players absolutely loved playing for him.
Vicente didn't.

Fixtures I see.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
You can't just switch to 442 it needs work on the training ground they tried it at Blackburn and failed have a hunch Charlton will nick a win today..
I'm not confident of a favourable result at the Valley today but agree that it's not as simple as just switching to 4-4-2 and expecting the players to make it work instantly, regardless of their individual talent. Boro have had the 4-5-1 system fully ingrained for a few years under Karanka, much the same with us under Gus (post-L1). Needs the right sort of partnerships all over the pitch, and you're not going to see as much of the ball etc. - it's quite a philosophical shift.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I hope your prediction is right, i feel that if there has been a big fallout with Karanka then the players will want to prove that they are better off without him. Charlton are struggling and this is the sort of game that the Boro players could prove a point.......hope i am wrong.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can't we all just enjoy 'Boro's implosion
I would if I felt confident they won't either take a top two spot, or beat us in the playoffs.
You can get 5-1, which is pretty big. Sadly I don't share your optimism. They should still get promoted.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
All the talk about Boro meltdown I read is about how good it all is for Burnley and Hull.

Is our entry in the league table written in invisible ink ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's because he's fallen out with Downing, Ayala, and Adomah and subsequently lost the dressing room. Gus had his faults but he never lost the dressing room - in fact players absolutely loved playing for him.

There really are no parallels here,

This. It wasn't the players who Gus fell out with, it was the heirarchy at the club, Tony Bloom, Paul Barber et al. As you say the players, to a man, were all loyal to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here