Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro fan in piece

1986Boro

Dec 16, 2015
Like i said earlier cheers for the replies, good luck Saturday, but i think if the Boro score first we will just shut up shop, if the you score first you will go on to win quite comfortably as we struggle to chase games.
Looking forward to it.

theboybilly

I'm assuming you are booked into Brighton on the 10.10 from St.Pancras (after a short walk over from King's Cross) which is due into Brighton at 11.39. I think a better bet would be (as previously suggested) to change trains at Haywards Heath (arr 11.19) for the 11.33 to Lewes (arr 11.48). You will then have 2 trains (11.58 & 12.07) to get you to Falmer (arr12.05 &12.14 respectively). There is a 12.14 that would leave you sprinting to the South Stand to make the kick off

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Taxi will take longer than the train

For 3pm kick offs, the 2.40 usually gets me there by 2.55. You should be ok at 11.40 even if there's a queue. Taxis are not a good idea.
And before you think either of these guys is exaggerating, they really are not - the train is miles quicker. By taxi, you'd either go through permanently congested, traffic light riddled Brighton, or you'll end up in a queue all the way out of the station onto the the A27 slip road, and another queue trying to pull off the A27 at the other end. Don't even think about it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Like i said earlier cheers for the replies, good luck Saturday, but i think if the Boro score first we will just shut up shop, if the you score first you will go on to win quite comfortably as we struggle to chase games.
Looking forward to it.

You do know we haven't won a game "quite comfortably" (in terms of scoreline at least- in terms of possession etc, we've played some lovely football and dominated games) all season?

I have you down as similar to us: you don't score bucketloads, but don't concede many either.

1986Boro

Dec 16, 2015
I have two options, one was to go straight over to St Pancras from Kings Cross or get the tube over to London Bridge for the 10.42 which gets into Brighton at 11.42.
Think the Haywards Heath option sounds good cheers.

theboybilly

I have two options, one was to go straight over to St Pancras from Kings Cross or get the tube over to London Bridge for the 10.42 which gets into Brighton at 11.42.
Think the Haywards Heath option sounds good cheers.

If you haven't got one already I'd put a train tracking app (eg National Rail) on your phone to make sure everything is running on time.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm assuming you are booked into Brighton on the 10.10 from St.Pancras (after a short walk over from King's Cross) which is due into Brighton at 11.39. I think a better bet would be (as previously suggested) to change trains at Haywards Heath (arr 11.19) for the 11.33 to Lewes (arr 11.48). You will then have 2 trains (11.58 & 12.07) to get you to Falmer (arr12.05 &12.14 respectively). There is a 12.14 that would leave you sprinting to the South Stand to make the kick off
Very good advice, and by far the best chance of making kickoff ( assuming Southern Rail doesn't break ).

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I wish people would stop mentioning the Cyclist. It's getting noticeably more busy pre-match nowadays. My venue of choice as is the Watchmakers in Hove post-match :drink:

I went in there last home match - served straight away. Seats/tables available - top.

sorry billy boy - but the cat is well and truly out of the bag :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yeah good luck to them. 1 Bedroom shoebox flat just sold down the end of my road for £115,000 what a con, however this is cheap for the Londoners. I can't believe in Peacehaven we have properties now hitting the 500,000 mark.
The property we sold in Luton went for £160,000 the same type of property here would cost you £250,000

Well just think, you could have stayed in Luton, and with some of the money you would have saved, bought a season ticket at Luton Town, and watched Craig Mackail Smith every other week.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Another vote for changing at Haywards Heath for the Lewes train. Your match ticket covers the train journey from there and there's no queuing at the station so you'll walk straight onto the train to Falmer. That's the route I take every other week.

It's generally better via Brighton on the way out though.

And as others have said, don't get a cab!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here