Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro fan in peace

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Cheers Munkfish I'll certainly pop in the pubs you've mentioned after the game. We're not really strip club lads ( sure my Mrs would just smell it on me ;) ) There'll be three or four of us ( depending if one pulls his finger out and stays over ) in the group so you reckon split into pairs?

We'll need ID? Is that just a general thing not age related as we're all over 30?

You will 100% need ID no matter how old you are, very annoying, but they will instantly use it as an excuse not to let you in if they dont like the look of you.

Most Bars stay open until 1-2 Club nights on a Saturday are a tough one to gage. if you fancy a club Audio and Coalition are your best shout for a proper club night, Vodka Revs and Lola lo for a bit of a laugh. Haunt and Green Door for something a bit trendy.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm sorry I find this comment even odder than the original one. Seems like you are reading way too much into this.

At a wild guess, he might read the replies, see a couple that might sound interesting and give them a go, see where the night takes them.

Can't see them printing out this thread and having a pint everywhere.

I'm always happy to get tips before I go somewhere.

I'm with Spun Cuppa on this, these threads always make me chuckle as do the ones where Brighton fans are asking where to drink on an away day.

Go to <insert place name here>, find pub, if it's shit, find another pub. Repeat until good one found.

What makes a good pubs is so subjective and down to personal taste that it makes these sorts of threads are pointless IMO.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm with Spun Cuppa on this, these threads always make me chuckle as do the ones where Brighton fans are asking where to drink on an away day.

Go to <insert place name here>, find pub, if it's shit, find another pub. Repeat until good one found.

What makes a good pubs is so subjective and down to personal taste that it makes these sorts of threads are pointless IMO.

I just love people coming onto threads to say they think it's pointless!

You guys are just pure genius. :lolol:

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Disagree, especially in a place like Brighton that has so much variety I think without some advice it would be really easy for an out of towner staying near the station to walk straight down queens road and end up on West Street. I agree that doing what you've said can be fun, but when you're in a new place with a finite amout of time and a finite amount of alcohol you can process it's got to be worth asking for a point in the right direction.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Disagree, especially in a place like Brighton that has so much variety I think without some advice it would be really easy for an out of towner staying near the station to walk straight down queens road and end up on West Street. I agree that doing what you've said can be fun, but when you're in a new place with a finite amout of time and a finite amount of alcohol you can process it's got to be worth asking for a point in the right direction.

How do you know that the delights of West Street aren't exactly what they are looking for?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
What is it about Boro fans that they invariably seem to be decent types ? Is it the distance ?

Anyway - welcome and have a good night out. Dr Brighton's is a good place for pint.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I must add that Middlesbrough fans are some of the most friendly I have met. All those I've spoken to have had good things to say about Brighton, our stadium and our fans.

Equally staff at Riverside can't be faulted. Few years ago drove up, arrived far too early (about noon) but since I was SO early when I asked where to park the nice chap at the gate let me park in the staff car-park. Got out really quick as a result also.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The only other thing I'd add for those Boro fans coming down from London this weekend is: I hope you like rail replacement buses :thumbsup:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The North Laine sounds a good suggestion for few post match beers then just after 2-3 suggestions for good bars to spend the night (hopefully not drowning our sorrows). Win or lose we'll be on the booze :)

Most of the pubs around the station and North Laine serve some pretty good ale and are not too horrendous on prices. The Nelson, The Evening Star, Duke of Wellington, The Albert, The Eagle, The Basketmakers, The Battle of Trafalgar are decent enough pubs. The Albert will probably have live music on Saturday night. I wouldn't bother with the Railway Belle, right opposite the station. Thats just my personal choice though. The rest of the pubs in that area are fine though. If you are London based, you will be getting a bargain at most places. One or two are a bit 'studenty' and 'hipsterish,' but preferable to the brain donors plus hen and stag do mob you are likely to encounter down West Street - Few of whom are local.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Franklin has just been done up, nice boozer

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Alright folks,
Coming down for the game on Saturday with a couple of other lads and staying over on the Saturday night. Anyone recommend any decent bars etc to visit in the city centre? We've got some digs near the station. Where is worth a visit and where should we avoid? We're all 30 something's smartly dressed and no trouble.

Looking forward to visiting the Anex for the 1st time, I've heard very good things and your apparently a friendly lot! We should bring a decent following given the distance, over 1,400 sold so far.

Avoid West Street, pretty much everywhere else is fine. You won't get any trouble this weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here