Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro fan in peace

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
These threads make me chuckle. Is Brighton's nightlife spread out over twenty square km or summink? Come out of your digs and follow your nose. You can no doubt tell the difference between a good bar and a pox bar by the ambience, no? Explore a little and think for yourselves :thumbsup:

Why? Perfectly natural thing to ask if you ask me. Best thing when you visit somewhere new is getting some good tips off the locals.

UTB!

Oct 15, 2014
Appreciate the replies folks! For the guy saying threads like this make him chuckle, surely it doesn't hurt to get an idea of where to go and where to avoid if you want to have a good night, Brighton may not be 20km squared or whatever but I wouldn't know these places exist or which areas to head to so its always good to have an idea so you don't just end up in the nearest boozer! Locals generally know best!

For the person asking, we wouldn't finding some decent non chavvy bars with good music (we like house music but a bit old for full on raving!) one of us is on the pull, two married! Just somewhere with a good atmosphere with a good crowd where we're not going to get grief.

Most of the travelling fans coming will be very friendly, we love a bit of banter and can take it back! I'm used to paying extortionate prices in London but I don't think I've yet breached paying a fiver for a pint although I'm sure it's widespread now!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Why? Perfectly natural thing to ask if you ask me. Best thing when you visit somewhere new is getting some good tips off the locals.

Come eight pm on Saturday night, this thread might be about 80 replies long. Should the lads try each bar mentioned? 8 to 2 am is about six hours. They might do about six bars if they have two pints in each? Is nightlife so facile now it is more about the number of places you go in, rather than the atmosphere and the sort of company you are likely to meet inside?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Appreciate the replies folks! For the guy saying threads like this make him chuckle, surely it doesn't hurt to get an idea of where to go and where to avoid if you want to have a good night, Brighton may not be 20km squared or whatever but I wouldn't know these places exist or which areas to head to so its always good to have an idea so you don't just end up in the nearest boozer! Locals generally know best!

For the person asking, we wouldn't finding some decent non chavvy bars with good music (we like house music but a bit old for full on raving!) one of us is on the pull, two married! Just somewhere with a good atmosphere with a good crowd where we're not going to get grief.

Most of the travelling fans coming will be very friendly, we love a bit of banter and can take it back! I'm used to paying extortionate prices in London but I don't think I've yet breached paying a fiver for a pint although I'm sure it's widespread now!

Hello Mate, Im around 28, dont really like to go to dickhead places, I'd suggest head down from the where you are staying and make your way through many of the nice pubs in the Laines, Fountain head, Basket Makers and the Eagle are all usually quite decent on a saturday, for something a bit more lively probably around 10/11 you will probably want to try Bar 32 (Used to be called Havanna) popped in there the other week for the first time, seemed alright if not there, a couple of minutes down the road, there is a place called Dirty Blondes, be ready to pay for over priced drinks but the skirt is alright.

afterwards theres a strip club next door or a place called graces just up the road. Make sure you all have ID and be prepeared to not be let in if there is a large group of you. always best to split up if poss.

UTB!

Oct 15, 2014
The North Laine sounds a good suggestion for few post match beers then just after 2-3 suggestions for good bars to spend the night (hopefully not drowning our sorrows). Win or lose we'll be on the booze :)

el punal

Glad you added the London Based bit because if you were coming from Boro I'd need to warn you about the beer prices. Over a fiver for a pint of Punk IPA in a couple of places in town now. I'd recommend a crawl from the station down Trafalgar St, through the North Laine area and in to the Lanes.

I have a soft spot for Boro fans I have to admit. Two seasons ago there were a lot of you on the train back to Brighton and some of the funniest banter I've ever heard, albeit at the expense of an unfortunate kid that wouldn't stop screaming. Last season you were properly noisy as well in a season that seemed atmosphere-less, despite being on a poor run. Hopefully we won't be so dreadful this time, it really was one of our most abject performances.

And we're still waiting for the ball to be returned following Ulloa's penalty miss. :lolol:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Come eight pm on Saturday night, this thread might be about 80 replies long. Should the lads try each bar mentioned? 8 to 2 am is about six hours. They might do about six bars if they have two pints in each? Is nightlife so facile now it is more about the number of places you go in, rather than the atmosphere and the sort of company you are likely to meet inside?

I'm sorry I find this comment even odder than the original one. Seems like you are reading way too much into this.

At a wild guess, he might read the replies, see a couple that might sound interesting and give them a go, see where the night takes them.

Can't see them printing out this thread and having a pint everywhere.

I'm always happy to get tips before I go somewhere.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Alright folks,
Coming down for the game on Saturday with a couple of other lads and staying over on the Saturday night. Anyone recommend any decent bars etc to visit in the city centre? We've got some digs near the station. Where is worth a visit and where should we avoid? We're all 30 something's smartly dressed and no trouble.

Looking forward to visiting the Anex for the 1st time, I've heard very good things and your apparently a friendly lot! We should bring a decent following given the distance, over 1,400 sold so far.

Very much agree with the North Laines suggestions. It's near the place you are staying too.

Here's the online page.

http://northlaine.co.uk/

UTB!

Oct 15, 2014
Cheers Munkfish I'll certainly pop in the pubs you've mentioned after the game. We're not really strip club lads ( sure my Mrs would just smell it on me ;) ) There'll be three or four of us ( depending if one pulls his finger out and stays over ) in the group so you reckon split into pairs?

We'll need ID? Is that just a general thing not age related as we're all over 30?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Apologies for my less than positive input to the thread. Brighton is a proper party town, and you will have no trouble finding amenable hostelries. Enjoy the footy and good luck in stealing a Brighton Belle or two's heart :)

UTB!

Oct 15, 2014
Spun Cuppa if you read my posts I have not said we want to drink in as many places as possible, that's not our aim at all. As W.C said, just to gauge a few suggestions, pick a few so we've got an idea. The whole point of asking is to find these good places with nice people and good atmosphere as you mentioned.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

The I'd echo the advice saying to stick around North Laine - The Albert, North Laine, Basketmakers, Great Eastern, George, Office all good pubs with decent beer selections and other specialities.

I'd advise you have a burger at either Troll's Pantry (which is in the Hobgoblin pub - same area) or Burger Brothers which is a more take away type place. They are both spoken about as some of the best burgers in the UK.

Audio's normally good for a boogie later on http://www.audiobrighton.com/club/club-calendar/.

Unfortunately, the club scene here has gone right downhill of late. You should avoid West Street nightclubs and unfortunately now the Seafront clubs have turned into chavfests as well. The Concorde 2 is normally a good bet but it's a garage night on Saturday which probably won't be up your street. The Green Door Store is always free to get in and open until 4 or 5 in the morning (it's right by the Station as well.)

Hope you enjoy everything apart from the result!

UTB!

Oct 15, 2014
Green Door Store could be a winner later on then if we're still going strong :)

Really appreciate it fellas and good luck after Saturday! Think this ones got draw written all over it, I'll say 0-0 or 1-1.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'd go along with waht [MENTION=4667]Munkfish[/MENTION] said, best answer on this thread IMHO. *edit* And what @sping hall convert said as well :thumbsup

If you go on google maps and search on "Brighton, north laine" it'll show you where you want to be. There's a ton of good pubs in that area between the station and North Street.

If you end up in a club then Audio and Coalition will have good house on this saturday but possibly not what you're after. Oceana is the same as every other oceana. Shoosh is full of c**ts drinking grey goose vodka. Volks if you like Drum & Bass. Can't really advise about the bar/club venues that I suspect you're after as I don't really go in them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here