Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Born again early leaver

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Erm, I left on the final whistle, walked straight onto the platform and caught the 1701 to Lewes. The queues are nowhere near as bad as they used to be.

That's because attendances have fallen by nearly 5000, granted some are on holiday but not 5000 bad bad show that !!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You're either ironic or an absolute tw*t of the highest order.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt !
Three years...................................eh.
Who is that aimed at?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Erm, I left on the final whistle, walked straight onto the platform and caught the 1701 to Lewes. The queues are nowhere near as bad as they used to be.

I would find that hard to believe, as an early leaver in the past the platform was normally full by the final whistle. I am in the north and we left on the final whistle to go to the shop and I could see that the queue was already on the bridge.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The OFFICIAL attendance today was 26,000 something more like about 22/23,000so no more like 27000 not 31000

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would find that hard to believe, as an early leaver in the past the platform was normally full by the final whistle. I am in the north and we left on the final whistle to go to the shop and I could see that the queue was already on the bridge.

Wrong I'm afraid. Left just after final whistle from WSL (through the North Stand exit) and walked straight onto the platform. Same as last time. No queue anywhere on the bridge or ramp.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Gertrude

May 10, 2014
Doesn't bother me. They should have trains arrive on 90 minutes to make it quicker for us proper fans. Plus I stand after 40 and 80 minutes so I don't miss action due to early leavers.

D

Deleted User X18H

Question for early leavers, do you leave before the end of films when you go to the cinema?

Yes they do. Some get off a stop early on the train and All adopt the withdrawal method of contraception !!

Question for early leavers, do you leave before the end of films when you go to the cinema?

I don't get this argument.

When you go to the cinema there aren't 25,000 others all heading to the same train station.

Personally, I don't care what time people leave, they've paid their money and can do what they want, my only gripe is that they don't then stand at the vomitry impeeding my view which has happened.

D

Deleted User X18H

I don't get this argument.

When you go to the cinema there aren't 25,000 others all heading to the same train station.

Personally, I don't care what time people leave, they've paid their money and can do what they want, my only gripe is that they don't then stand at the vomitry impeeding my view which has happened.

Eh? It's all relative . And I doubt 25000 people all leave at full time . As someone else said you commit over half a day to the football and then leave 5 or 10 min before the end of the match . Just to get home a little earlier from the event you have commited your entire day to.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Its great staying until the end - part of the experience is clapping the tram off the pitch. My daughter and I just stroll to either the park and ride queue or the train station. Of course you expect to have a bit of a wait.

Comparing it to doing your weekly supermarket visit, its like completing 90% of the shopping list - thinking omg the queues might be bad. Running full speed before you have all the items you need and getting to the till first (still getting stuck in a queue). Whilst the rest of us will get all we need, maybe queue a little bit but be relaxed.

One other thing that gets right on my nerves are those who get up and go to leave 85 mins onwards and rather than leave stand in the aisle blocking the view.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
This old chestnut again. Trouble is the stay to the Enders whatever tend to get sanctimonious about it.

I live near Bristol, takes 5-6 hours round trip to get to Mill Road. If I get first buses back, home about 1930, if stay to end have to get second wave of buses and home about 2030. I leave on 90 mins, saw Dunk's goal on the TV on concourse, only second goal I have missed live in three and a bit seasons. I don't like it, would prefer to see all the match but do have reason to leave early, as do many others. Have a thought for us.

Eh? It's all relative . And I doubt 25000 people all leave at full time . As someone else said you commit over half a day to the football and then leave 5 or 10 min before the end of the match . Just to get home a little earlier from the event you have commited your entire day to.

No it's not relative at all Timmy.

I have never once, not ever, had to queue for a train and then not be able to get on one because it's full after going to the cinema.

D

Deleted User X18H

Its great staying until the end - part of the experience is clapping the tram off the pitch. My daughter and I just stroll to either the park and ride queue or the train station. Of course you expect to have a bit of a wait.

Comparing it to doing your weekly supermarket visit, its like completing 90% of the shopping list - thinking omg the queues might be bad. Running full speed before you have all the items you need and getting to the till first (still getting stuck in a queue). Whilst the rest of us will get all we need, maybe queue a little bit but be relaxed.

One other thing that gets right on my nerves are those who get up and go to leave 85 mins onwards and rather than leave stand in the aisle blocking the view.

I haven't seen a Tram. Is this a new initiative from Barber to get people to the Stadium earlier?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Yes, of course they do. Most people do. I've lost count of the number of times I've been in the cinema and watched people jump up and leave as soon as the credits start only to miss mid and end credit scenes, more jokes, Easter eggs, etc because they leave before the end of the film. I know lots of people who press stop on DVDs before the end of credits, missing these things, too.

With any given film I've been to see, I'd say between 90 and 100% of the audience leave before the end of the film.

Also, the different size crowd/transport thing that Hillian brings up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here