Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Boris Johnson, the new UK Prime Minister

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I expect the EU will get the blame if they refuse to budge and renegotiate after the UK HoC rejected the current deal numerous times which makes the no-deal option the default destination which leads to the next in the firing line, Remain MP's in parliament if they end up blocking us leaving (see traitors, enemies of the people headlines, narrative).

That’s the thing with brexit. The EU don’t have to budge, why should they as they don’t want it .......

Papers are going to be very interesting ... headlines reminiscent of Germany 1930’s or Pravda during the soviet era.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I expect the EU will get the blame if they refuse to budge and renegotiate after the UK HoC rejected the current deal numerous times which makes the no-deal option the default destination which leads to the next in the firing line, Remain MP's in parliament if they end up blocking us leaving (see traitors, enemies of the people headlines, narrative).

I see that even you have accepted that third time lucky isn't going to happen for Project Unicorn, so this time round rather than wasting time and energy claiming it will, you've moved straight onto who's to blame :thumbsup:

Well it's certainly not these three great statesmen

image.jpg

No Siree :lolol:

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
because they dont want it? and help Ireland?

Well maybe you could help out by outlining this magic solution which protects the integrity of the EU's single market, whilst avoiding a border in NI.

You know, this win/win solution that Johnson/Raab/JRM constantly go on about but haven't been able to give an outline description for in the last 3 years :shrug:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
because they dont want it? and help Ireland?

They’ll do whatever they feel is best for the EU and not the UK .... and when you say help Ireland you mean come up with a solution the allows the UK to come out smiling and give the brexit team a win. Why would they? If the situation was reversed we most certainly wouldn’t!!!!!

This is a problem of our own making. I doubt very much that anyone thought of the consequences with the Irish border because that was a problem for tomorrow ......

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If this thread is anything to go by, I'd have to conclude that on balance there is more chance of me and Beyonce having sex in the disabled toilets at Yates tonight
Well?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I think one of the problems with the hard brexiteers is they don't understand the eu. They've created this huge straw man to convnce people we should leave and have fallen for their own propaganda.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That’s the thing with brexit. The EU don’t have to budge, why should they as they don’t want it .......

Papers are going to be very interesting ... headlines reminiscent of Germany 1930’s or Pravda during the soviet era.

They say they want to avoid a no-deal Brexit and avoid border problems in NI, ironically their current negotiating position is making those outcomes more likely. Then again perhaps they are convinced Remain MP's in parliament will block no-deal in all circumstances, which is a bit of a gamble, so they just have to hold tight and wait.

I wouldn't go that far but yes lots of populist 'people v parliament' headlines.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I see that even you have accepted that third time lucky isn't going to happen for Project Unicorn, so this time round rather than wasting time and energy claiming it will, you've moved straight onto who's to blame :thumbsup:

Well it's certainly not these three great statesmen

View attachment 113539

No Siree :lolol:

I see you still like to completely misrepresent other peoples opinions .... see 'if'. :rolleyes:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
And there you go, no attempt to argue against the point, or expand on it just a reflexive dismissal.

Simply pointing out that your comment applies to whichever side of the argument you happen to be on. How can I (or anyone) quantify to what extent leavers "don't understand the EU". Or the levels of understanding of remainers for that matter.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I didn't make it into Yates I'm afraid, so no. Nothing to do with meeting Beyonce or not, but frankly the days of Saturday night related alcohol fueled violence, attempting to persuade door staff and Sussex Police officers I've only had 2 pints, assuring a stranger that one of mates was not 'looking at his bird' and being tested subsequently in the following week at an NHS Sexual Health Clinic after going in there etc, etc are well behind me.

It's alright on an afternoon if some cricket's on so long as you're out of there by 7 though.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Say what you like about BJ but new polling by Opinium for The Observer shows the Tories enjoying a two-point lead over Labour – a gain of seven points – in the past fortnight.
The polling, carried out after Boris Johnson’s leadership victory, shows the Conservatives benefitting from a surge in support away from The Brexit party.

More worrying for Labour and indeed Momentum is 36% of respondents think Johnson will be best to negotiate with the EU, 20% more than Corbyn.

Jeremy Corbyn is seen as a weaker leader than Boris Johnson: 38% of those polled believed Johnson had stronger leadership credentials compared to 17 % for Corbyn – a 21 point lead.

If some how BJ pulls off Brexit then its goodnight Vienna for Corbyn and his grubby Momentum chums.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Say what you like about BJ but new polling by Opinium for The Observer shows the Tories enjoying a two-point lead over Labour – a gain of seven points – in the past fortnight.
The polling, carried out after Boris Johnson’s leadership victory, shows the Conservatives benefitting from a surge in support away from The Brexit party.

More worrying for Labour and indeed Momentum is 36% of respondents think Johnson will be best to negotiate with the EU, 20% more than Corbyn.

Jeremy Corbyn is seen as a weaker leader than Boris Johnson: 38% of those polled believed Johnson had stronger leadership credentials compared to 17 % for Corbyn – a 21 point lead.

If some how BJ pulls off Brexit then its goodnight Vienna for Corbyn and his grubby Momentum chums.

This is why it's a shame that Parliament now has five weeks holiday. It would have been good to see how it panned out between all the parties in action - whereas all we're going to get for the next five weeks is polls based on not much.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They’ll do whatever they feel is best for the EU and not the UK .... and when you say help Ireland you mean come up with a solution the allows the UK to come out smiling and give the brexit team a win. Why would they? If the situation was reversed we most certainly wouldn’t!!!!!

This is a problem of our own making. I doubt very much that anyone thought of the consequences with the Irish border because that was a problem for tomorrow ......

it doesnt matter much to Ireland who started the problem if they are in recession, i would expect the EU to adjust to help them. the beneift or otherwse for UK shouldnt be a consideration - are you suggesting they'll stick to a course of action just to avoid a positve outcome for the UK? if both sides stick to their positions and we go no deal, Ireland comes out badly. i can only assume EU intend to subsidise them heavily in that event.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just going through my media player and genuinely, this greeted me.
Boris.png

D

Deleted member 2719

i've not said that, do you understand the logic of a venn diagram?

and why don't you want dear old england run efficiently for the greater good of the english people?
i had assumed that you saw yourself as a patriot?
Yes
I do
I am

You would end up the recipient of the most right wing bukkake splattering.

Really sounds to liberal to me.

You’d be the one spending the night in the barrel.

Again way to liberal for me.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Tessie May thought that too, polls especially YouGov ones aren't worth a hand job

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here