Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bingo Card at the ready (stolen from twitter) bullshit.JPG

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I cannnot see why you felt it necessary to call anyone who voted for Boris a 'div'. At best it's a childish insult. You may not agree with hm but it is, perhaps, worth reminding you that a great many more people voted for Boris et al than voted against him. As it happens, me included.

They voted what he, and the Conservatives, stood for. He stood for Brexit. I say 'stood for', that sounds like he pushed for Brexit out of some heartfelt belief that it was for the best of the people of this country. I'm not going to get into the why's and wherefores of that but ultimately he stood behind the Leave campaign because he thought it would gain him political popularity. He then kept himself out of harms way until May had got herself in a tangle and swanned in like some kind of white knight coming to save the day. All very, very manufactured.

I don't agree with childish insults either, but you make it sound like people voted for Boris Johnson because they thought he would be an excellent prime minister of Great Britian. I don't believe that's true - they voted for him because of Brexit and because of Jeremy Corbyn.

He's getting criticism because he's giving one of the poorest displays as the leader of this country in its history at a time when it is facing one of it's greatest challenges. He's been handed a tough hand, I can sympathise on that front, but he's completely fluffed it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Monumentally bad leadership, he must have known he was lying to the nation we he said it.
Of course he knows that he's lying, it's his best skill and look how he is improving his Cabinet teams ability in this respect...

Priti Patel " This government has always been ahead of the curve when it comes to dealing with the Coronavirus"

Gavin Williamson.... Referring to France, Belgium and the US.... " I think we are a far better country than any of them and we've got the best scientists"

Matt Hancock.. Ad infinitum....

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I cannnot see why you felt it necessary to call anyone who voted for Boris a 'div'. At best it's a childish insult. You may not agree with hm but it is, perhaps, worth reminding you that a great many more people voted for Boris et al than voted against him. As it happens, me included.

Conservative/Brexit Party vote share: 45.6%

Labour/Lib Dem/Green/SNP vote share: 50.2%

First Past The Post is a broken system tbh

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Going back to the footie analogy, on the basis that Johnson always seems to be playing catchup with Nicola Sturgeon, I would suggest current score is about 5-0 to the caledonians. Never in my lifetime has England been so far behind.

It doesn't really matter who announces what first (or apparently who's in charge)... England, Scotland and Wales all have pretty similar and grim scores when it comes to the number of cases, deaths etc

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-defends-handling-covid-23086845

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm no fan of Johnson by a long way but you need to remember what the alternative was!!!

It’s quite ironic that those that seemed to believe that Jeremy Corbyn was in any way electable, and championed him, are now saying “told you so” about Johnson.

They did as much to put Johnson where he is as anyone who voted for him.

Still, they seem to be enjoying themselves right now, so that’s something I guess.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
And what most Tory voters fail to grasp is every time she makes the right call at the right time - making Boris look like a clueless **** - she wins a few more supporters for independence.

No, not really. Every time she shows better leadership than Boris she shows that she is a better leader than Boris. Scots will have a view on Independence based on a something quite a bit less shallow than who happens to be the current leaders.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It’s quite ironic that those that seemed to believe that Jeremy Corbyn was in any way electable, and championed him, are now saying “told you so” about Johnson.

Still, they seem to be enjoying themselves right now, so that’s something I guess.

I simply think people should take responsibility for the results of what they voted for.

It's the 21st century disease 'I have rights, I have opinions, but I have no responsibility' (but that's for another day :wink:)

'I had no choice, I was forced' Maybe you've recognised we have a major problem with our 'democracy' and supported proportional representation all along and I've just missed it ?

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Not true.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I simply think people should take responsibility for the results of what they voted for.

'I had no choice, I was forced' Maybe you've recognised we have a major problem with our 'democracy' and supported proportional representation all along and I've just missed it ?

What makes you think people need to take responsibility? People who voted for Blair are not required to take responsibility for the Iraq War. I voted Boris because of Brexit. I disagree with some parts of his handling of Covid and support other parts. It is possible to disagree with someone you vote for and I would vote the same way again.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Follow the Money

:clap2:

Labour/Lib Dems refusing to work together and taking votes of each other is the main reason johnson sits on a massive majority

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Cock and bull. Public buy in hasn't worked because whilst the majority have, it's a dumb minority (and growing) that doesn't think it applies to them. The Police set the tone by the ridiculous engage and educate policy. Fine them from the start. You'll not get everyone but that will send a message. All these parities attended by 100s and yet only a handful of fines each time. Chief Constables have let the country down.

It's too late to talk about sending a message. Cummings driving up to Durham when knowingly infected with C19 and not being sacked set the tone.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I wonder if the numerous mockers and sneerers on NSC would instantly solve the problem of Covid should they somehow become (gawd help us all) PM overnight?

Think I'd be inclined to isolate all over 60's and those who are clinically vulnerable with financial support for those who need it, arrange elderly only shopping days / home delivery services etc. This would keep those most at risk safe then vaccinate all health, school, care, key worker and emergency staff as soon as possible to allow normality in the rest of the community. Being one of the elderly group I realise this won't be popular but to get the country back on its feet this could be achieved with the least disruption to us all. Three months of these measures could see the back of this unending disaster ? Unless you or anyone else can find better solutions ? At least I tried......

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
:clap2:

Labour/Lib Dems refusing to work together and taking votes of each other is the main reason johnson sits on a massive majority

I think that Jeremy Corbyn's rabid fanbase didn't help with forming any sort of electoral pact with Libs and Greens.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
What makes you think people need to take responsibility? People who voted for Blair are not required to take responsibility for the Iraq War. I voted Boris because of Brexit. I disagree with some parts of his handling of Covid and support other parts. It is possible to disagree with someone you vote for and I would vote the same way again.

without brexit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here