Boris is NOT running

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Did those feet in ancient time, actually walk upon England's mountains green? Either way, we need a messiah, so long as they're not an expert and I should know because I've followed a few
If we don't get access to the single market then the country is going to hell in a handcart.

Be thankful we've had enough of the experts who draw the maps of how to get there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd love to know what was the minor grievance from Eton or Oxford that has now manifested itself into the current international clusterf**k.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Proves beyond any doubt that he is a shit load more intelligent than he looks.

Surely it proves that the 'Remainers' who claimed he only joined the Leave side to become PM were wrong ....... yet again ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Does this mean that Boris is now going to be the England football manager instead? #confused

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Surely it proves that the 'Remainers' who claimed he only joined the Leave side to become PM were wrong ....... yet again ?

If you honestly dont think he wanted to be PM then I give up.

Gove has equally shot himself in the foot by stabbing Boris in the back and for the last month telling the whole world he does not want to be PM and that he is not good enough to do it.

Straight fight between the ladies in my opinion.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
I didn't like the Brexit vote, but I reluctantly accepted its validity.

Not any fxxkin more I don't!

That buffoon won the vote to leave and now he does not have the balls to stand by his own convictions (or lack of them). Whoever becomes PM should call a general election, and then hopefully some kind of coalition will run on a 'remain' ticket. Plenty won't like it, but after the lies and mistruths exposed since last week and the complete cowardice shown by one of the architects of this disaster it is the only sensible way forward, and to remind many, the referendum was never legally binding anyway.

The Majority voted to LEAVE get over it!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really want to make a pig related joke but best not.
I doubt it.
If we assume it isn't money related (even though we all know it would be)

I reckon this all stems from Cameron preferring cream THEN jam on his scone

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Agree. But he has made yet another mistake. No matter how unfavourable the terms of Brexit will be, the leader (likely to be May - I hope) will not have to resign. Unless labour have a serious coffee smelling moment and sort themselves out, May will win in 2020. Boris is finished.

If we on here can see what a double dealin machiavellian oaf he has been, so will everyone. Yes of course he will continue to have noisy supporters (as will Farrage) but they won't win him a vote.

As for Brexit terms, I can see May having to accept controls on immigration for loss of access to the 'free market'. We all knew that this is what Brexit means (well, those of us awake knew). She knows that. Perhaps the EU folk will take pity on us, recignise May as a good egg, and help us out. I sincerely hope so.

Either way, we will get the Brexit and will have to make do. Perhaps we can make a big deal about the new freedom to control our borders. But that will be interesting. It will mean fixing the non EU 'tide' of immigration that we have always had the ability to control, but neither the will nore wherewithall to manage. That will be interesting to see . . . . especially given that I don't actually understand why the tory government have completely failed to deal with it. Arguably labour previously neither knew nor cared about it (arguably not) but the Tory government certainly knew and cared (it was part of their platform to get elected time after time). Does it mean that a massive change in how we police our borders is required? Anyway, this will be for post Brexit, I guess.

Somehow I feel slightly happier, now Boris has been defenestrated. Not actually happy, but happier.

Yet there is no end of posters on here saying that the BREXIT vote did NOT mean immigration controls and that they want to keep free movement. Some even argue that it di not say immigration controls on the ballot paper and, therefore, they didn't vote for immigration controls even when they voted for Brexit. I find their view very strange

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yet there is no end of posters on here saying that the BREXIT vote did NOT mean immigration controls and that they want to keep free movement. Some even argue that it di not say immigration controls on the ballot paper and, therefore, they didn't vote for immigration controls even when they voted for Brexit. I find their view very strange

For some it was purely sovereignty and nothing to do with immigration.

You have 48% happy to remain, you only need 3% of the Leave vote to be happy with free movement and you have a majority.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

The referendum was on nothing other than membership of the EU. What either side campaigned for is meaningless and most likely all complete bullshit (as we have seen).

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
The Majority voted to LEAVE get over it!

If i got a penny every time one of you brexitiers said "Democracy has spoken", "We voted leave get over it"... about as simple a reply as possible...

Some people from the remain camp including many many experts can see the shit we are in. Of course there will be discussions and anger over the outcome.

The main argument for future trade for the remain camp is we still have the commonwealth countries to trade with, however all their leaders told us to ****ing stay...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So you completely rule out the new Prime Minister calling a general election before hitting the Brexit button? Time will tell whether that is confidence or arrogance.

you keep on this election being called. i'll refer you to the Fixed-term Parliaments act 2011 and leave you reflect on where the government would get 190 extra votes to support the motion in sub-section 2. i by no means rule it out but seems highly unlikely unless enough Labour MPs are a mood to go full kamikaze.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I voted 'remain' but I never thought for a second that a 'leave' win was impossible though. I did however naively assume that we would just take The EEA route and the arrangements Norway have though. I'm living in blind hope of that scenario now in my opinion.

Obviously as I'm British I'm not an expert though, so like the rest of us I don't know anything.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports