Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris is NOT running

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Poisoned?
May had given the Foreign Office to someone who is a career blunderer who is highly liable to mess up. He will be in the spotlight and will have to be on his best behaviour at all times now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Lets hope he's just kept away from kids and sports...
boris-tackle1.gif

boris-tackle.gif

boris-tackle.gif

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Has Theresa May got this one wrong and put party politics above national politics?

By putting Boris in she completes an OUTER triumvirate of Johnson, Davis and Fox in charge of Foreign Sec, Brexit and International Trade. Cynics may argue this pulls the rug from under UKIP, since the Tories now have Brexiteers in charge of our relationship with the EU, so surely much less of a need to vote UKIP if - to use Fargae's phrase - it's mission accomplished.

I would have thought Dr Liam Fox would have been a better bet replacing the much maligned Jeremy Hunt at Health - he is, after all, a qualified doctor.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This man is one of the biggest c**** out there and you're a complete moron if you think otherwise.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The enigma of Johnson. Some times he is quite acute in his observations and other times he is a windbag of sweeping assertion and ignorance. His appointment as Foreign Secretary is an acknowledgement that politics comes before the national interest.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would have thought Dr Liam Fox would have been a better bet replacing the much maligned Jeremy Hunt at Health - he is, after all, a qualified doctor.

So was Dr David Owen. Unfortunately Owen was a narcissistic prick who was not fit to run up to the sweet shop, let alond run the health service. Being 'Dr' is no guarantee that you are not a Gold Plated Ladypart. I should know :whistle::facepalm::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has Theresa May got this one wrong and put party politics above national politics? .

Sorry to doublequote you . . . .

I actually think she has handed this over to the '*******s' in the knowledge that if they cannot come up with a proper plan, then it will be on their silly heads if it all goes tits up. Yes will will have to have Brexit, but by the looks of it we will not get any sweetheart trade deals because we cannot accept free movement of people. So we will Brexit with intact borders and unfavourable trade arrangements. That may be acceptable to the electorate in 2010, or not. Anyway, it is deffo for the Brexitters to sort out, not May. If they do then hats off to them - it will prove they were right all along.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The risk of appointing a qualified doctor as secretary of health is that they may introduce policy decisions that benefit the NHS and the care it provides. I think it a smart move to keep anyone with any knowledge of health matters well away from that job so that decisions can be made for the 'right' reasons...

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
The risk of appointing a qualified doctor as secretary of health is that they may introduce policy decisions that benefit the NHS and the care it provides. I think it a smart move to keep anyone with any knowledge of health matters well away from that job so that decisions can be made for the 'right' reasons...

Whilst good at practicing medicine and having scientific nous, most Drs cannot manage their way out of a paper bag, let alone be responsible for the UKs largest employer. As someone managing a team of Drs, this thought frightens me!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Has Theresa May got this one wrong and put party politics above national politics?

By putting Boris in she completes an OUTER triumvirate of Johnson, Davis and Fox in charge of Foreign Sec, Brexit and International Trade. Cynics may argue this pulls the rug from under UKIP, since the Tories now have Brexiteers in charge of our relationship with the EU, so surely much less of a need to vote UKIP if - to use Fargae's phrase - it's mission accomplished.

This, and, if the brexit deal is crap then May has come out smelling of roses as she won't carry any of the blame. As for Dr Fox, he would not make a good health minister, far to confrontational and has too much previous.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So by my reckoning over the past 3 weeks the Brexit 'buck' has been switched 6 times from Cameron > Johnson > Gove > Leadsom > May > Davis.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Whilst good at practicing medicine and having scientific nous, most Drs cannot manage their way out of a paper bag, let alone be responsible for the UKs largest employer. As someone managing a team of Drs, this thought frightens me!

The doctor in question is minister for international trade though, so let's hope he can get out of a paper bag!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here