Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris in hospital

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good luck Spence. We are a NSC family and when one of our own is affected we take it personally. Even if we are at each other's throats sometimes, when the chips are down we are all rooting for each other as after all is said and done we are all BHAFC

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Having surfed the news channels re Boris's condition it strikes me that there has been no indication he has got better, no crumb of comfort. He's clearly very ill. Indeed, there is a feeling that there is going to be a leadership vacuum over the coming weeks.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wonder how this will change him as a person and politician. Caring about healthcare is one of the main things I want in politicians.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
8 days for me and I feel terrible. Did NHS111 test and they said phone for ambulance. I did and a nurse called me back. Since I'm not having trouble breathing or bleeding I should remain at home for the time being. My fever is there and I haven't moved much from bed. Haven't even had a bath In in this time just to weak.
Starting to lose my appetite. I said To my missus I'm not confident of seeing this out. She needs to stay away from me as much as possible as she is certainly in the vulnerable section.
I've never experienced anything like this. The fever and illness comes in waves.
At this moment I'm breathing fine.

Reading stuff like this puts everything into perspective.
Lots of people on here are rooting for you [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] - dig deep.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
All the best, Spence.

I wanted to post the following tweet, but now feel the need to clarify this tweet is about what the thread was started about, not how it has developed, even though it should be obvious this is about Boris...

[tweet]1247436613560537089[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
From the Beeb :

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson is not on a ventilator in intensive care but has received oxygen support, says Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove.

Gove said Downing Street will inform the country if there is any change in the prime minister's condition.

"The teams at St Thomas' are some of the finest doctors in the country," Gove told BBC Radio 4.

"The doctors, nurses and other staff will be making appropriate medical decisions and have our full support."

TBH, we are not really going to get accurate and up to date reports, the government have been " economical " with the truth at best for the last 10 days and have only grudgingly admitted the increasing seriousness of Johnson's condition in banal,general " Nothing to See Here " terms.. Hope he pulls through but , the general population will be last to know any real time updates.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I see Morgan is trying to stir things up again "who is now in charge of sending nuclear missiles? They will have some tough decisions in the next few days"
Ffs

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Theoretically speaking, what is the process if the prime minister isn't in a condition to delegate authority? It's just I'm put in mind of a storyline in the west wing where the president is shot, is taken to hospital and he didn't delegate power, and no one knew how bad it could have been (because it later transpired he also had MS which could have had complications) and his chief of staff was making decisions in his place, which one of his underlings later refers to as a coup d'etat. As I understand it, if the president isn't in a fit state to hand over power to his vice president, his cabinet/congress(?) can enact a constitutional amendment. But then you can get party politics involved and it has the potential to all get rather political.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wishing you all good things [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION], you're in the very best of hands. Take care mate. Ditto Boris. I may be guilty of questioning it as fake news from his sultan of spin earlydoors, but I would never wish that shit on anyone

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
To Spence and Boris Johnston
I wish you a full recovery very soon.
Our political differences are huge but empathy and compassion are fundamental to humanity and therefore greater still.
All the best

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I see Morgan is trying to stir things up again "who is now in charge of sending nuclear missiles? They will have some tough decisions in the next few days"
Ffs

Yes, what is clearly at the front of everyone's minds is mutually assured destruction. The Mail and Express readers lap him up. I bet there are a few on here that hang on his every word too...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Theoretically speaking, what is the process if the prime minister isn't in a condition to delegate authority? It's just I'm put in mind of a storyline in the west wing where the president is shot, is taken to hospital and he didn't delegate power, and no one knew how bad it could have been (because it later transpired he also had MS which could have had complications) and his chief of staff was making decisions in his place, which one of his underlings later refers to as a coup d'etat. As I understand it, if the president isn't in a fit state to hand over power to his vice president, his cabinet/congress(?) can enact a constitutional amendment. But then you can get party politics involved and it has the potential to all get rather political.

Dominic Raab is his deputy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
TBH, we are not really going to get accurate and up to date reports, the government have been " economical " with the truth at best for the last 10 days and have only grudgingly admitted the increasing seriousness of Johnson's condition in banal,general " Nothing to See Here " terms.. Hope he pulls through but , the general population will be last to know any real time updates.
The Russians are more up to date with news about Boris than us.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here