Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boring

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hardly moved of his comfy seat in the home leg looked totally disinterested.

I'll take your word for it. I was too busy watching the match rather than concentrating on how much Gus moved in his chair for 90 minutes.

Seems odd that the players, who were on a £5 million bonus if we were promoted, seemed to pick up on Gus not moving in his seat and not try.

Jan 9, 2015
Since Poyet (and Vicente) left, watching the Albion has been so f***** boring.

Garcia introduced an uber-boring brand of football, then left. Luckily, for him (and us) Poyet had left him a gift of a striker from Argentina to provide some golden moments. Then we sold him.

Hyypia was brought in to continue this trend of total (boring) football and somehow took it to a new level of dross. Then was sacked.

The current style of football is no better or worse than the previous two versions in my opinion-feel a bit sorry for Hughton actually, he's not been left much to work with.

Football is supposed to be entertaining-people work hard all week for a Saturday treat to the football. It's not been a treat for too long now. Feels like we might have been tricked.
Never truer words said. I have two reasons for buying my season ticket: 1) to see Albion succeed; 2) to be entertained. I got value on one last season, neither this year, and would you believe was unable to attend the Ipswich game. May have missed the one game that would have counted to making my season ticket value. Considering going back to a game by game purchase. Bet plenty others are.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Jennifer Saunders: I think I may go outside and draw some ducks this morning.
Consuela (holding up a picture she's drawn of a duck): I've taken the liberty madam.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Poyet was entertaining in League One as we had a championship squad (we were cr - championship ready).

After that, we were not that brilliant.

We had our moments, 3-0 against Southampton & Ipswich, 2-0 against Derby at home, not to mention 3-1 away at Cardiff, and the come back against Donny on the opening day.
The next season we had 5-1 against Barnsley, 3-1 Burnley, 3-0 Wednesday, 3-0 Ipswich, beat Newcastle in the cup two years running, 4-1 Huddersfield, 3-0 Palace and 6-1 against Blackpool.
Yes, there were a lot of draws but we didn't lose that many.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We had our moments, 3-0 against Southampton & Ipswich, 2-0 against Derby at home, not to mention 3-1 away at Cardiff, and the come back against Donny on the opening day.
The next season we had 5-1 against Barnsley, 3-1 Burnley, 3-0 Wednesday, 3-0 Ipswich, beat Newcastle in the cup two years running, 4-1 Huddersfield, 3-0 Palace and 6-1 against Blackpool.
Yes, there were a lot of draws but we didn't lose that many.

But if you IGNORE those.......

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So everyone who dislikes boring football I suggest you get the the to turn out in a 2-3-5 formation and play hoof football. I'm sure you will stay for the full 90 minutes and leave the amex with a warm glow and feeling happy as we scored 4 goals again, the fact that we conceded 7 being irrelevant. Becoming the first team to be relegated who scored over 100 goals being a badge of honour.

No doubt you would consider a season with 25 1-0 wins 15 0-0s and promotion to the PL would be a boring and unsuccessful season.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I enjoyed the style under Poyet. It was such an improvement on the sort of football we'd been playing for so many years. The problem I found with his tactics after a good few seasons, they seemed too negative whenever we were in losing positions. There were games where we were losing with very little time left but yet there was never any urgency to get the ball forward from the defence. The play-off semi final is a good example.
Sunderland are showing similar weaknesses whenever they fall into losing positions now.

Maybe Poyet was talking about his own roof?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
So everyone who dislikes boring football I suggest you get the the to turn out in a 2-3-5 formation and play hoof football. I'm sure you will stay for the full 90 minutes and leave the amex with a warm glow and feeling happy as we scored 4 goals again, the fact that we conceded 7 being irrelevant. Becoming the first team to be relegated who scored over 100 goals being a badge of honour.

No doubt you would consider a season with 25 1-0 wins 15 0-0s and promotion to the PL would be a boring and unsuccessful season.

In fairness, the last time I watched "2-3-5", I believe we won the 4th Division championship , scoring over 100 league goals in the process.

All five forwards scored double figure goals that season. Personally , I thought the football was brilliant then, before Sir Alf Ramsey brought in his 'wingless wonders' and changed the game forever in to part football...part chess.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Fyuck me, if you want to read about football fans moaning about boring football go and take a look at readytogo where the Blunderland fans never stop bemoaning the tedious 'side to side' football of Poyet.
Yep...The football under poyet was mostly dire boring slow football that would literally put you to sleep.Of cause there was a number of super performances,but did we hardly ever win any of those and he never managed to win after going a goal down.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I enjoyed the style under Poyet. It was such an improvement on the sort of football we'd been playing for so many years. The problem I found with his tactics after a good few seasons, they seemed too negative whenever we were in losing positions. There were games where we were losing with very little time left but yet there was never any urgency to get the ball forward from the defence. The play-off semi final is a good example.
Sunderland are showing similar weaknesses whenever they fall into losing positions now.
Y
Maybe Poyet was talking about his own roof?
I personally hated poyet's style as it was so so predictabl,but we got 4th and should have really gone up with that squad full stop...He failed big time even though it was our highest finish for decades,but it wouldn't have took much to do that with our stadium and budget.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Are you ****ing kidding?

Hyypia went too continental in attack with wing backs as wingers, 2CB, 1/2DM, 1/2CM and then a trio of attacking players and it worked oh so well didn't it.

"Boring" Garcia is a better manager than Poyet - Garcia worked with what he had to get us in the playoffs. Poyet played a brand which was good football but he didn't take advantage of the attacking players we had enough.

We're in a relegation dog fight and you want what exactly? Exciting losses that see us down or a tight game where we can stay up and build to get in the premier league? I love the tense games where we are 1-0 up but CH has shown he'll chase games if we are losing. He's the perfect balance between Hyypia's continental "attack" theory and the Poyet/Garcia philosphy/pragmatism possession defensive football.

Get a grip, we're in the shit and have a chance given the games to go unbeaten in 4 picking up 8/12 which is double our average so far this season.

Or go support some one else that is far more exciting and ultimately buming around the lower leagues or paying in excess of what they earn to play "attacking" midtable premier league football. Christ.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Becoming the first team to be relegated who scored over 100 goals being a badge of honour..

Were that to happen, it's fair to say that English football will never have been quite so English.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Personally I enjoy the defensive side of the game just as much as the attacking, so when the current team is short in creative flair its nice to see a good defensive performance, its not all about goals goals goals.

A good one nil is fine by me and I am glad Houghton has got us tight at the back we concede too many goals. 0-0 in the 89th minute we can still win the game.1-0.

right now, results are all that matters, forgot entertainment, points keep you up and get you promoted, entertainment is a b y product of confidence and wins, win games times will become more exciting.

Lose and things are shit and boring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here