Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bookies' odds on auto's vs play-offs

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You're right; we'd have needed a draw. I still think that the fact that we can afford to lose eases the pressure significantly.
100%. I can go tomorrow knowing that whatever happens, we can still do it on the last day. I haven't felt that relaxed about a game for some time.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Just back us now to win the playoffs @ 5.0, then if we go up automatically we lose our cash but who cares...

If we get to the playoffs lay on the exchanges at 2.75 and either take a guaranteed profit or lay less to cop more if we go up, or lay more to lessen the dissapointment...

On £50 you could guarantee nearly £40 backing @ 5.0 and laying @ 2.75 (obviously the exchange price not known yet)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Just back us now to win the playoffs @ 5.0, then if we go up automatically we lose our cash but who cares...

If we get to the playoffs lay on the exchanges at 2.75 and either take a guaranteed profit or lay less to cop more if we go up, or lay more to lessen the dissapointment...

On £50 you could guarantee nearly £40 backing @ 5.0 and laying @ 2.75 (obviously the exchange price not known yet)
Wouldn't it be a lot easier just to back Boro in some way? Quite a good option for Albion fans. Couldn't care less if the bet loses but some minor compensation if it wins.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Which reminds me of this article. Can this really be right?!?

Ladbrokes told this paper they were “desperate” for Burnley to top the table as an Albion title will leave them facing their “second biggest liability” after Leicester City - if they were to win the Premier League.

William Hill said they had taken a £1,250 each way bet on Albion to win the division at 20/1 which could net the better almost £36,000.

The bookies said about 14 per cent of all bets on the market had been for Brighton with only Derby County and Middlesbrough attracting more of punters’ money.

Paddy Power said they would be paying out £150,000 if Albion were to win the Championship, £20,000 more than if the more-fancied pre-season frontrunners Middlesbrough win the title and more than both Burnley and Hull.

Betfair market share (ATOW)

Total matched on this event:
£558,790

Brighton £81,155
Burnley £159,886
Middlesbrough £317,937

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here