[Football] Booing Yves Bissouma

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
For those that booed Yves Bissouma the other day, may I just say you’re an utter disgrace….not only that you’re an embarrassment to the football club.

I’ve supported and followed this club for over 30 years and it’s up there with one of the most embarrassing moments I’ve faced. Week in week out at home we make hardly any noise at all, it’s a god awful silent arena most weeks and the only noise I see coming out of people’s mouths is to boo one of our best ever players to wear the stripes. I’d half get it if he joined Palace or handed in a transfer request and refused to play but no the guy played over 100 games for us & was a fans favourite…..Grow the fuc* up.

I have no idea what’s happened to our fan base over the last 15 years but it was not like this in the late 90’s and early 2000’s, I’m now surrounded by thousands of total toss pots who appear to have no class at all. God only knows the reception Graham Potter will get from you morons.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Haha. An opinion. People pay to watch the Albion. It's up to them if they boo an opposition player. I remember this kind of thing happened in the 70's and ever since.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sounded very loud on the tv, I confess I did cringe.

I hope it was being directed at Richarlison, that is completely acceptable

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I didn’t boo, didn’t agree with those who did.

However.. personal choice isn’t it.

I also didn’t clap either ….. respect what he did for us but essentially he didn’t want to be here anymore so my opinion on him is he is just like any other opposition player when they are playing against us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Stood and clapped in West Upper. I was not alone. Thought it was all fine. Richy Larson was booed, of course.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
I have no idea what’s happened to our fan base over the last 15 years but it was not like this in the late 90’s and early 2000’s, I’m now surrounded by thousands of total toss pots who appear to have no class at all. God only knows the reception Graham Potter will get from you morons.

They have been priced out of the "Premier League experience " or driven out by the crap that comes with it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Man if you don’t like booing wait until you hear me when Potter turns up in a couple of weeks time

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sounded very loud on the tv, I confess I did cringe.

I hope it was being directed at Richarlison, that is completely acceptable

It wasn't directed at Richarlison as the booing started before anyone would have realised he was coming on. The clapping only got going as people tried to counter the boos.

The Amex isn't packed with 30k dye in the wool football fans who know their history or sense of propriety, a lot of people don't really have a football background, it's a day out that they'll do for a few years, then more on to something else.

The booing was very audible, but to be honest it wasn't a passionate heartfelt spiteful booing, it was panto season booing, shame but that is the way it is I suppose.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
For those that booed Yves Bissouma the other day, may I just say you’re an utter disgrace….not only that you’re an embarrassment to the football club.

I’ve supported and followed this club for over 30 years and it’s up there with one of the most embarrassing moments I’ve faced. Week in week out at home we make hardly any noise at all, it’s a god awful silent arena most weeks and the only noise I see coming out of people’s mouths is to boo one of our best ever players to wear the stripes. I’d half get it if he joined Palace or handed in a transfer request and refused to play but no the guy played over 100 games for us & was a fans favourite…..Grow the fuc* up.

Only 30 years ? Plastic !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports