Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Booed off v Forest

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
right’o

you were there then ?

the ref was shocking and Forest were rolling around in the first half.

anyway I heard no booing at half time.
Yes I was. Were you ? Both half’s ending was a small but audible amount of booing around WSU Block H

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thought the booing was directed at the officials who were very poor.
It was. End of thread.

Mind you f***ed if I was going to clap that shite

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Frustrating as hell, we always used to beat teams like Forest! (In the Championship)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Dont forget to report to your local police station on the morning. We are the only supporters in the country where this is illegal.
I never realised how liberating a good boo is. All this time of total repression. I feel like opening the window and booing in careless abandon.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
never nice to hear booing but ppl pay a lot of money were they entertained? For 70% possession and the number of shots - if we cut out all this passing sideways and backwards and moved the ball quicker we couldve had another 5 minutes or so of attacking play who knows that mightve got us over the line. I didnt understand Lampty coming on and Solly going in the middle it didnt work. Solly was the best layer o the pitch and was creating openings why change that?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was planning to leave at 85 minutes but in the end decided to leave at 83.

You can't sit back and invite them to attack in order to pass through them, if they won't attack.
There is no point breaking fast if you then pass the ball all the way back to Sanchez.
Risky fast passing is fine if you intend to maintain the pace and not stop and look around.
But we were unfortunate. Some good chances and shots and didn't get the rub of the green.

eva Green.jpg

As others have said, we are no longer changing the play during the game, other than to do the same things a bit more slowly.

Shitmotherfuggerklangaklangboomboom, uh huh huh. I'm a Zerbi Lover (for another couple of games, anyway).

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
That's what Potter excelled at. Changing formations throughout the game. No plan B from what I've seen....

We literally changed from 4 at the back to a 3 midway through the Brentford game, and started today in a 3 and players in different positions to Brentford, and we finished with players moved around as well.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I want to like him, and hope that over the WC break he implements some changes as well as attracts a striker to the club.

I could come in and just copy what we did before, clap the players and pick the exact same team until replacing one single player in bad form by copying what we did before signing him. I could also make a list of 250 strikers (most of them unattainable or uninterested in coming to us for the money we could offer) and work my way down the list one by one trying to find a deal.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The Amazon audio picked up some boos at half time, surprised and assumed it was aimed at the officials

Booing at full time was picked up but frankly no one knows of it was exclusively aimed at the officials, Forest or Brighton, needs a poll

Regardless I am pretty sure they boo in Italy and the Ukraine, I doubt RDZ isn’t aware of the frustrations, he probably shared them.

It wasn’t just the ref either, the linesman in the second half in front of the west clearly wasn’t a Solly fan and gave him next to nothing, wonder if he holds a ST

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I was planning to leave at 85 minutes but in the end decided to leave at 83.

You can't sit back and invite them to attack in order to pass through them, if they won't attack.
There is no point breaking fast if you then pass the ball all the way back to Sanchez.
Risky fast passing is fine if you intend to maintain the pace and not stop and look around.
But we were unfortunate. Some good chances and shots and didn't get the rub of the green.

View attachment 152931

As others have said, we are no longer changing the play during the game, other than to do the same things a bit more slowly.

Shitmotherfuggerklangaklangboomboom, uh huh huh. I'm a Zerbi Lover (for another couple of games, anyway).
👍🏻For the pictorial content

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
^ why the hell is HWT posting pictures of Vesper Lynd? The tastiest Bond girl ever, besting even Honor Blackman.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The main positive to take is we do not have Steve Cooper and his brand of dull anti football on our touchline. Imagine having to watch that shit every week at least our team had a go.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I didn’t boo because I left before the end. And I probably wouldn’t have booed. But, I’m not going to judge those that did.

We’ve been shown what’s possible and we are throwing it away. That’s frustrating.

However, all change brings some instability, so we have to give it time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seven attempts on target are merely that. It doesn't mean they are hedged to go in. Their keeper did little outstanding. Only Pascal's miss was the one opportunity I would rue for the evening.

Out playing a team doesn't mean you need to keep the ball or even have it. It means you need to set out a task and accomplish it with little difficulty. I thought Forest managed that really well.

The other way of looking at it is that Brighton didn't equip themselves well. But chances where we should have scored, or were very unlucky, were limited to the one really.
Veltman should have done a lot better than blast the ball high into the NS in the first half. Maybe it was trying to dock with Ulloa penalty?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here