Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Booed off v Forest

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We weren’t awful. We completely controlled the game and created many chances although many of them were half chances. If we’d have scored in the first half we’d won easily. Very frustrating but our play was good, apart from our finishing.
And if my granny had balls she would have been my grandad! We didn’t score. We didn’t look like scoring. Simples

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Totally disagree. They just got VERY lucky tonight. We had several golden chances that should have been buried plus hot the bar.
Apart from the criminal miss by Pascal, there was nothing there for me that seemed unfortunate for us.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If we were booed off then someone’s going to have to translate Potter’s history lesson into Italian

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
To be honest, that was a shit watch. We were awful, slowly passing from side to side with particular plodding reserved for when our central players got it.

I know RDZ hasn't got much English but how much doe s he actually need to say "see what you did at Liverpool - just do that again"?
Not your finest post.
We weren't awful. The second half we didn't create much, and it was disappointing. In the first half, on the other hand, we were all over them, and created countless opportunities that we didn't finish. To back this up, we had 12 shots, 4 on target, and 21 touches in their box.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Totally disagree. They just got VERY lucky tonight. We had several golden chances that should have been buried plus hot the bar.
You say this, but if true, it happens on an astonishing number of occasions - the antithesis of ‘lucky’.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
7 attempts on target to 0, hitting the bar, plus straight forward openings skied into row z, says they were outplayed.

A classic Amex game of the last 4 seasons, we created but are hopeless at finishing.
Seven attempts on target are merely that. It doesn't mean they are hedged to go in. Their keeper did little outstanding. Only Pascal's miss was the one opportunity I would rue for the evening.

Out playing a team doesn't mean you need to keep the ball or even have it. It means you need to set out a task and accomplish it with little difficulty. I thought Forest managed that really well.

The other way of looking at it is that Brighton didn't equip themselves well. But chances where we should have scored, or were very unlucky, were limited to the one really.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The booing was at the team, not at the ref.

But don't make too much of it. It's not a considered response to performance over the season, it's an immediate emotional reaction.

The performance was actually very similar to the Leeds game. Hopefully we now have a manager who understands the normal emotions of a football fan

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To be honest, that was a shit watch. We were awful, slowly passing from side to side with particular plodding reserved for when our central players got it.

I know RDZ hasn't got much English but how much doe s he actually need to say "see what you did at Liverpool - just do that again"?
Liverpool don’t do defence, especially this season. Literally everyone takes on TAA. It was the outlier, the Albion always play well against that high stakes set up.

Whereas Conte, Franks and now Cooper have all packed out a mass defence against us, 8 or 9 immovable objects protecting the goalie, a million miles away from a Klopp team.

Despite all that, we were a finisher away from going in at HT 2 or 3-0 up this evening.

The second half was though exactly as you describe.

Imho.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I booed...... but at the officials when they were coming off and at the Forest player that gave his shirt to a kid in the front row. I stayed and clapped our team off as usual.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My take on the booing was not at the team, but the referee and the Forest team, who by far have been the best at play acting, and time wasting I’ve see. In a very long time, they had absolutely no ambition to attack or go on the front foot, other than the odd counter attack, the frustration was aimed at them.

if I was a forest fan, I’d be embarrassed by their performance, having said that they did a job on us.

We played well in the first half, with some stunning passing however the longer the game went on, we all knew the outcome.

a point is a point

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Come on , with all the will in the world we couldn`t beat a Championship side . We over play - we don`t shoot enough - sometimes direct is best , but we have to over elaborate and try and walk it in .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The booing was at the team, not at the ref.

But don't make too much of it. It's not a considered response to performance over the season, it's an immediate emotional reaction.

The performance was actually very similar to the Leeds game. Hopefully we now have a manager who understands the normal emotions of a football fan
It was at the ref from us.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I find the lack of changes frustrating, players need more than 10-15 mins to change a game and doing the same thing for the whole game when it’s not working, isn’t getting us anywhere.

Saying that, it’s not De Zerbi’s fault (yet) that the finishing is so dreadful. Some of the chances missed have been criminal, there’s no excuse for top class players to be missing the way Welbeck and some of the others did tonight and in past games.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I find the lack of changes frustrating, players need more than 10-15 mins to change a game and doing the same thing for the whole game when it’s not working, isn’t getting us anywhere.

Saying that, it’s not De Zerbi’s fault (yet) that the finishing is so dreadful. Some of the chances missed have been criminal, there’s no excuse for top class players to be missing the way Welbeck and some of the others did tonight and in past games.
Potter had the same issues, De Zerbi deserves time to shake off the Potter Ghost, that still walks the corridors.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Was waiting for this to come up - it’s not aimed at you my response here.

Why is it that this excuse always gets used for when our fans boo the team following yet another performance against the worst PL team this season and we fail to score. Those who boo do so for their own reasons but it’s aimed at the team and the results on the pitch, sometimes at a certain players performance. It’s nothing to do with the officials
The officials were just on the touchline when I heard the boos, issued that's why I am not trying to hide anything. Must admit I felt pissed off with our performance and did wonder but in this instance thing it was directed at officials.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Have you read this thread all the way through, did you go.

folks were booing the ref & Forest.
If you boo the ref, you do it as he’s walking off. The boos at half & full time were at the manager & team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here