Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Boo Boys.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

boik

IMO Andone is better than Locadia and Zeqiri is better than Connolly.

But you're right, the whole group is weak. Shove, say, Ings and Watkins in there and it would be a massively different story, but no doubt Villa are paying double our wages.

So, does our budget entitle us to nice football or do we have to accept that as Premier League peasants we might have to start throwing it in to some big lads at some point? Or accept the status quo where we have fantastic defenders, two of whom are very creative as well, a decent midfield and no one to convert the product?

Watkins for double the money and fewer goals? Good luck selling that idea to Tony.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is Watkins even an out and out striker? I thought he was more of a Welbeck ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
i admit i left the ground when Locardia came on , however i would not have booed at full time , no matter how frustrated i am with the lack of goals ---------- my god we are such a good team i actually expect better than 8th place , i really need to calm down !

You left on 68 minutes ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Watkins for double the money and fewer goals? Good luck selling that idea to Tony.

Is Watkins even an out and out striker? I thought he was more of a Welbeck ?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant instead of Locadia and Connolly to differentiate Icy's point about Andone / Zeqiri.

So Maupay, Welbeck, Watkins, Ings looks considerably stronger than Maupay, Welbeck, Locadia, Connolly. I accept it's totally unrealistic - in fact that was my point

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Got it.

You would hope with Locadia and Andone off the books this summer - it probably frees up substantial wages for us to put into 1 striker.

Which should keep Dunks agent happy

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
IMO Andone is better than Locadia and Zeqiri is better than Connolly.

But you're right, the whole group is weak. Shove, say, Ings and Watkins in there and it would be a massively different story, but no doubt Villa are paying double our wages.

So, does our budget entitle us to nice football or do we have to accept that as Premier League peasants we might have to start throwing it in to some big lads at some point? Or accept the status quo where we have fantastic defenders, two of whom are very creative as well, a decent midfield and no one to convert the product?

I am accepting of what we have now over what we had under CH, of course I am frustrated at how close we are, hence my FFS Bloom thread. That was posted in anger, with my sensible hat back on I have absolutely no idea where we go from here, except the need to be patient. Nobody deserves slating or slagging off imo though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So you believe he's suddenly found a Premier League team to support so that the world can be full of puppies and five yard passes and the evil Maureen can be sent back to his dark castle?

:laugh:

I mean believe what you want but that is just far more believable than that someone gave you a job where you "run a team".

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I am accepting of what we have now over what we had under CH, of course I am frustrated at how close we are, hence my FFS Bloom thread. That was posted in anger, with my sensible hat back on I have absolutely no idea where we go from here, except the need to be patient. Nobody deserves slating or slagging off imo though.

Drink and anger or not you started the first thread I've ever seen on here criticising TB.

I know you didn't mean it and probably he would too, but you can hardly do that in anger and not understand some frustrated booing or questioning of our direction from others, especially in the immediate aftermath.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Got it.

You would hope with Locadia and Andone off the books this summer - it probably frees up substantial wages for us to put into 1 striker.

I no longer understand this narrative.

The club has spent 2021 throwing money around with zeal.
Removed big earners from the payroll.
Insisted in a high % of the £50m White money up front.

If money was an issue it could have pocketed the cash.
Maintained the squad - which I add has only had 1 (one) regular first team newbie.
Shown a level par bank balance.

It hasn't.

Unkie Tony has chosen this year to maintain the usual astronomical debt.
Buy half a dozen players who may or may not ever play for the club.

The Albion must be one of the only clubs in history, let alone in the middle of a financial crisis, to spend £5m on a third choice keeper.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Maintained the squad - which I add has only had 1 (one) regular first team newbie.

It hasn't.

Unkie Tony has chosen this year to maintain the usual astronomical debt.
Buy half a dozen players who may or may not ever play for the club.

The Albion must be one of the only clubs in history, let alone in the middle of a financial crisis, to spend £5m on a third choice keeper.

Third choice keeper, 2000 extra seats, wholesale change in the women's team, yet another midfielder........

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I don't think the money is endless and when perhaps between them Andone & Locadia are probably on £70k a week, you can't tell me getting that back won't perhaps take us to another level in terms of attracting strikers

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Third choice keeper, 2000 extra seats, wholesale change in the women's team, yet another midfielder........

Which would be all fine and dandy if the end of the 2020/21 season boardroom review wasn't the shortest in history:-

'We need a few more goals - all in favour say Aye'.
"Aye"
'That concludes business today, have a nice summer'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think the money is endless and when perhaps between them Andone & Locadia are probably on £70k a week, you can't tell me getting that back won't perhaps take us to another level in terms of attracting strikers

Of course the money isn't endless.

My point is the money was there to take us to another level in terms of attracting strikers, it was just spent elsewhere.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
So no one's said it. you've inferred it for yourself. And no doubt pointing that out is snidey.

And it's quite reasonable in context to go back to other posts. There are fans who have followed the club through thick and thin, who have the Palace rivalry as part of their lives since they can remember and who would be there on a cold January Tuesday in League Two, They're the hardcore support and they want to see us win because the 90 minutes they're at the ground for are the highlight of their week rather than just another leisure activity to do with the kids. And now it seems some are just dismissed as thick and entitled.

"Poor old Swanny" bounces old threads for fun all the time. No doubt the next time we win he'll smugly bounce this,

Ah, so now, despite supporting Brighton home and away, through thick and thin, for over 50 years and not investing in the Palace rivalry I am somehow a bad fan and clearly not entitled to my opinion...

I want to see Brighton win every game they play in and if not give it a bloody good try in failure, which they did against Leeds United, so, in my opinion, they were I justly booed.

To add to this I am now getting a bit confused, as it seemed to be claimed by many that the boos were coming from small sections of the crowd and from JCL's or tourists, now you appear to be indicating its the "hard-core" support doing the booing, shame if that is the case.

I can honestly say I've never booed an Albion performance, although, to my eternal shame did walk out of a game at The Goldstone against Oxford (I think), when we were 4-0 down at half time if memory serves me correctly. Bad fan!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Ah, so now, despite supporting Brighton home and away, through thick and thin, for over 50 years and not investing in the Palace rivalry I am somehow a bad fan and clearly not entitled to my opinion...

I want to see Brighton win every game they play in and if not give it a bloody good try in failure, which they did against Leeds United, so, in my opinion, they were I justly booed.

To add to this I am now getting a bit confused, as it seemed to be claimed by many that the boos were coming from small sections of the crowd and from JCL's or tourists, now you appear to be indicating its the "hard-core" support doing the booing, shame if that is the case.

I can honestly say I've never booed an Albion performance, although, to my eternal shame did walk out of a game at The Goldstone against Oxford (I think), when we were 4-0 down at half time if memory serves me correctly. Bad fan!

I heard very minimal booing but the bits I did hear were in the North Stand. No tourists in there. And I know the two posters your were trying to dig out a couple of posts ago are part of our hardcore support.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

We left Elm Park once and were out of Berkshire before the final whistle, one of my better decisions supporting the Albion. :lol:

didn't booo!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Drink and anger or not you started the first thread I've ever seen on here criticising TB.

I know you didn't mean it and probably he would too, but you can hardly do that in anger and not understand some frustrated booing or questioning of our direction from others, especially in the immediate aftermath.

Where did I criticise him? As far as I remember I pleaded for him to buy a PL quality striker.

Is that a criticism?

Maybe I added something later in the thread but I’m not re reading what I wrote!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here