Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Boo Boys.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The problem the club have now is they have expanded the ground which means they want to attract even more new fans which is great. On the other hand we are in the top six of most expensive ticket prices add that to five seasons of PL football I think people want value for money now the expectations have risen. Spending a shed load of money to watch certain players who are clearly not PL standard will start to grind on sections of the crowd.

Personally I would say Bloom is in a dilemma now reading these threads a large part of the support aren’t happy watching players like Maupay miss every week it’s wearing thin on peoples patience. He knows he will have to go to the next level of player at some point to keep all sections happy.

I think this is a very valid point. Some of our PL seasons have been agony for a different reason: dicing with relegation was
the battle we faced. Clearly, now that we have the ambition to not only stay in the PL, but become a decent top 10 side, something
has to change to reflect those expectations.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think this is a very valid point. Some of our PL seasons have been agony for a different reason: dicing with relegation was
the battle we faced. Clearly, now that we have the ambition to not only stay in the PL, but become a decent top 10 side, something
has to change to reflect those expectations.
When Potter bashed on about the club’s history who is he really talking to apart from a load of oldies left from another era. Twenty year olds today started going to the Amex at ten years old they don’t give a shit about Hereford and Gillingham.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I deplore the booing of our team . It is pointless , juvenile. On Saturday the lads played out of their skin, kept a clean sheet and created multiple chances. Nobody could say it was a boring game . I know we did not score but that's football.
I am not denying that our finishing needs to improve, must improve.... but we are 9th in the Premier League and they still got boos!
Makes us look like a bunch of "entitled" morons.

It wasn't boring but it sure was poor quality.

Considering two of the most feted coaches on the planet were up against each other there were no goals, tons of misplaced passes, turnovers in the final 30 yards, corners that didn't beat the first man, attacking free kicks that went back to the keeper, massively poor refereeing decisions. overplaying, underplaying and muffing an open goal from five yards.

If I was Tariq Lamptey's dad I'd be telling the coach that little Tariq might be looking for a better club in January. The bloke was mugged off by his own team.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It wasn't boring but it sure was poor quality.

Considering two of the most feted coaches on the planet were up against each other there were no goals, tons of misplaced passes, turnovers in the final 30 yards, corners that didn't beat the first man, attacking free kicks that went back to the keeper, massively poor refereeing decisions. overplaying, underplaying and muffing an open goal from five yards.

If I was Tariq Lamptey's dad I'd be telling the coach that little Tariq might be looking for a better club in January. The bloke was mugged off by his own team.

None of them were on the pitch where all of the things you describe allegedly happened.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Whoever was booing the Albion on Saturday is not an Albion fan and should **** off

How is booing any worse than some of the name calling and criticism made on a public forum?

Do you think that the players, manager and owner don’t see the posts made on here?

There is a world of difference between constructive criticism and derogatory name calling just as there is between silent disappointment/frustration and booing.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And therefore what happens on the pitch is nothing to do with the coach?

I wouldnt say nothing, but not much, no, though I've understood a lot of people believe football is a sport played between two coaches rather than two teams with 11 players in each.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I wouldnt say nothing, but not much, no, though I've understood a lot of people believe football is a sport played between two coaches rather than two teams with 11 players in each.

So why bother with a coach at all? And why are you almost criminally attached to ours?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So why bother with a coach at all? And why are you almost criminally attached to ours?

Because it matters a little bit.

Generally speaking you have the same results now as when most teams were selected by committees: the team with the best eleven guys win. Like Guardiola says about the key to his success: having the best players in the world.

Main reason is because I appreciate his values and ideas. If youth coaches wants to copy him instead of Jose Mourinho we'd have a couple of million kids who are happier and healthier and I think kids are important. I've mentioned it before and its been why I liked him all along, if he gets success and turns influential it is a very good thing for the world. That he also tries to help his players play a style of football I appreciate is just a bonus.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Generally speaking you have the same results now as when most teams were selected by committees: the team with the best eleven guys win. Like Guardiola says about the key to his success: having the best players in the world.

Main reason is because I appreciate his values and ideas. If youth coaches wants to copy him instead of Jose Mourinho we'd have a couple of million kids who are happier and healthier and I think kids are important. I've mentioned it before and its been why I liked him all along, if he gets success and turns influential it is a very good thing for the world. That he also tries to help his players play a style of football I appreciate is just a bonus.

I don't think that's true at all.

I think he had success in Sweden and you thought that with it being unlikely that you'd product 11 Zlatans, this was a way to make it in the big world by proxy. No different to the social media plague of Iranians when we signed Jahanbakhsh or Saffers when Tau finally turned up.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

This is a nice sentiment :cheers:

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
The problem the club have now is they have expanded the ground which means they want to attract even more new fans which is great. On the other hand we are in the top six of most expensive ticket prices add that to five seasons of PL football I think people want value for money now the expectations have risen. Spending a shed load of money to watch certain players who are clearly not PL standard will start to grind on sections of the crowd.

Personally I would say Bloom is in a dilemma now reading these threads a large part of the support aren’t happy watching players like Maupay miss every week it’s wearing thin on peoples patience. He knows he will have to go to the next level of player at some point to keep all sections happy.

I’m sorry, you can’t base this statement on a small amount of boos at the ground and some very vocal dissenters on NSC - and yes I do mean you, and no clearly supporters aren’t HAPPY seeing players miss, that’s pretty obvious, really!

However, I would hazard a guess that the majority of Brighton fans are generally happy with their lot at the moment. Of course they would like to see us score more goals, and turn some of the draws into victories, but at the end of the day, if we grind out enough results to get a decent finish this season then we may actually be in a position to attract a decent striker! Maybe then we will get this elusive “next level of player” (whatever that means), that you so cherish.

I don’t believe a “large part” of Brighton’s support would stoop to booing the team when they have collectively tried their hardest. I think, at the moment you are an outlier.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

I think he had success in Sweden and you thought that with it being unlikely that you'd product 11 Zlatans, this was a way to make it in the big world by proxy. No different to the social media plague of Iranians when we signed Jahanbakhsh or Saffers when Tau finally turned up.

This is not a nice sentiment :angry:

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

More than a little harsh and pretty uncalled for.

Swannie has brought a lot of insightful football knowledge to this board, whatever his reason for being here, and is not just a “play Tau, he good, Brighton be best team in whole world” merchant...!

I think you should retract...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

What a bizarre post.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Nvm, not worthy of a response.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m sorry, you can’t base this statement on a small amount of boos at the ground and some very vocal dissenters on NSC - and yes I do mean you, and no clearly supporters aren’t HAPPY seeing players miss, that’s pretty obvious, really!

However, I would hazard a guess that the majority of Brighton fans are generally happy with their lot at the moment. Of course they would like to see us score more goals, and turn some of the draws into victories, but at the end of the day, if we grind out enough results to get a decent finish this season then we may actually be in a position to attract a decent striker! Maybe then we will get this elusive “next level of player” (whatever that means), that you so cherish.

I don’t believe a “large part” of Brighton’s support would stoop to booing the team when they have collectively tried their hardest. I think, at the moment you are an outlier.
I don’t really care what you think though :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here