Bolton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
There is no point closing your eyes. Barnes cant score goals and CMS ball control and finishing is way behind Murray. Poyet has put together a superb side, except his strikers (although Ulloa might turn out to be the real deal, but its harsh to expect him to come in and be the answer straight away). This is a message board, fans can see this and so the will say it. Its not North Korea, we dont have to agree with everything

:yawn:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Ah the wonderfully inconsistent Albion we all love, we go from 0 shots in one game to 21 in the next! Not fussed about Barnes tbh he isn't all that, if the loan striker option comes to nothing we simply have to either convert someone else to play alongside Ulloa or promote one of the DS players. Not great preparation for the Palace game is it?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
51% possession , 11 shots on target , 9 shots off target , 14 corners

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Thats what I was thinking. But not sure of the number of games. A straight red is more than a 1 game suspension anyway isn't it?

I was under the impression F&A langauge was just a one match ban, that violent conduct is a three match suspension.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was under the impression F&A langauge was just a one match ban, that violent conduct is a three match suspension.

Just found this:

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/Files/TheFAPortal/governance-docs/rules-of-the-association/section-a---field-offences-in-first-team-matches.ashx

Says foul and abusive language is a 2 match ban (section 8b, page 11). Suspension is extended for each sending off or period of suspension already served.

So, he will be suspended for 3 games.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Bloody pissing shit. It's my fault we lost. I took my 2 to a kids party this afternoon, and couldn't concentrate all my energies on the game. Never mind, we'll still make the playoffs. onwards and upwards to Barnsley

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Surely people who had radio access can confirm what Barnes was sent off for? Was it something he said, or did he actually trip up the ref (as suggested on another thread?)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Loving the team! The Dagger, The Cyclone, Spanish Dave & Barnes!!! Should be some goals this afternoon!

does look like Gus is going for the win

google or bust

Impressive starting 11

Love the look of that

this is going to be a good day

feel it in my water

Wow, massively encouraged by the line up. Big day for Croftsssss!

It's in the bag for Brighton.

You certainly can't accuse Gus of being afraid of changing things around, I like the look of that line-up.

Like the line up!

Far too positive. When will you all learn?!

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
51% possession , 11 shots on target , 9 shots off target , 14 corners

11 shots on target sounds good but the keeper hardly had to move for most of the shots and I can't think of 11 decent chances. I can't think of one to be fair.

Sorry, feeling grumpy. A good performance ruined by a lack of threat in the goal scoring department. Have we heard that before?

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
11 shots on target sounds good but the keeper hardly had to move for most of the shots and I can't think of 11 decent chances. I can't think of one to be fair.

Sorry, feeling grumpy. A good performance ruined by a lack of threat in the goal scoring department. Have we heard that before?

Agreed. Brighton played some pretty football , some of the attacking movement of your players was very good & you can hide behind statistics, but possession stats mean nothing when Bolton let you play in front of us, & shot stats mean nothing when the shots are from miles away.

It's all meaningless if you aren't creating chances or seriously threatening to score....Bolton scored one, N'Gog missed 2 clear cut chances & we should have scored another in the mass goalmouth scramble, & therefore in my unbiassed opinion, Bolton deserved to win.

On the plus side for you, the baldy chap on your right played well, on the downside, your away strip is horrendous.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Agreed. Brighton played some pretty football , some of the attacking movement of your players was very good & you can hide behind statistics, but possession stats mean nothing when Bolton let you play in front of us, & shot stats mean nothing when the shots are from miles away.

It's all meaningless if you aren't creating chances or seriously threatening to score....Bolton scored one, N'Gog missed 2 clear cut chances & we should have scored another in the mass goalmouth scramble, & therefore in my unbiassed opinion, Bolton deserved to win.

On the plus side for you, the baldy chap on your right played well, on the downside, your away strip is horrendous.

Yep we didn't have our shooting boots on today....and we badly failed to defend that cross/shot for your goal which was very much against the run of play at that time.

We can't really complain about the result if we didn't put the ball in your net but on balance I feel we beat ourselves today for the reasons stated above, rather than got beat by a better side. At least we tried to play football - rather than Bolton's niggly style that the Ref indulged too readily. Plus its sad when the home side start time wasting with 30 minutes to go rather than go for it.

tomski

Mar 6, 2013
Bolton
Having watched both games with you this season me and my mates are convinced you are the best team we have seen this league and can feel hard done by with your return of 1 point against us. I certainly think you will be in the top 6 come the end of the season. We have given ourselves a big chance of joining you there but there is a lot of football still to be played and I think lots more twists and turns to come.

tomski

Mar 6, 2013
Bolton
Yep we didn't have our shooting boots on today....and we badly failed to defend that cross/shot for your goal which was very much against the run of play at that time.

We can't really complain about the result if we didn't put the ball in your net but on balance I feel we beat ourselves today for the reasons stated above, rather than got beat by a better side. At least we tried to play football - rather than Bolton's niggly style that the Ref indulged too readily.Plus its sad when the home side start time wasting with 30 minutes to go rather than go for it.
I'm guessing you were more sad than us after the game?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I expected a bit more from Bolton given your form of late and all the time you were only 1-0 up was surprised that you did not press more, especially being at home. You look good going forward but strange to start wasting your own time with 30 mins to go when there still was all to play for.

Yes, its fair to say I felt hard done by that we didn't get something out of the game but that was largely our fault for not sticking the ball in your net. Simple as that.

Interested to see your perspective and I agree there are many more twists and turns to come this season.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Having watched both games with you this season me and my mates are convinced you are the best team we have seen this league and can feel hard done by with your return of 1 point against us. I certainly think you will be in the top 6 come the end of the season. We have given ourselves a big chance of joining you there but there is a lot of football still to be played and I think lots more twists and turns to come.

We felt quite hard done by against you but ultimately it's nobody's fault but ours. Even though we are still in a great position, we should be higher. Too many games we've dominated but with no end product. And too many draws where we've been winning but conceded in injury time. We'll make the playoffs, but wether we'll be in the prem next season I'm not sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports