Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton Wanderers v Brighton & Hove Albion- Championship 28.02.15 **Official Match Thread**

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Abion 2-1 Bolton
nice and early .......................I like

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012

Bolton seem to have a good home record. But how much of this is due to Lonergan and Bogdan with 60 saves a on their home ground this season? cf. Albion fans have only seen 30 saves by Stockdale and Walton at the Amex.

Liverpool struggled to beat Bolton there. Only Derby 0-2 have won by more than single goal so any hopes of going immediately into a plus goal difference seems unlikely. Currently -4. A repeat of last season would be good, but the goalscorer is no longer with us! One quick right footer and the second with left foot, with Tomasz Kuszczak having a busy afternoon.

Brighton have conceded only 12 goals in their 17 league away games - the fewest in the Championship. And 3 were in the first 20 minutes against Derby (beginning of December, last time we conceded an away goal from open play). Otherwise it would be 9 goals in 16 matches. So form says Bolton have only a 56.25% chance of scoring. But that will not stop them expecting to score, will it?

Or since Hyypia left we have only conceded one goal in six away games so that is a 16.6% chance of them scoring. That goal was the win assisted free kick against Blackpool. 0% form stats from a goal from open play conceded (current form: last six away games).

Where did you get that from? Derby 3, Bournemouth 3, Norwich 3, Brentford 3? Plus all the others?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Essential stats and teams and predictions:

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/830373/Preview

Albion shape is wrong on that page.

Last six Albion aways:

0-0 Sheff Wed
0-0 Cardiff
0-1 Blackpool
1-0 Charlton
1-0 Brentford (FA Cup)
2-0 Fulham

Last three games without scoring is not so impressive.

Comparison of the strengths and weaknesses of both sides:

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/830373/Show/England-Championship-2014-2015-Bolton-Brighton

We beat Brentford 2-0

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Perseus OUT

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Less than an hour before the teams are announced. No changes or Best for CMS?

I thought CMS played really well last week. But it really depends on what type of defence Bolton play, are they susceptible to the long ball or to runs in the channels like Leeds were?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought CMS played really well last week. But it really depends on what type of defence Bolton play, are they susceptible to the long ball or to runs in the channels like Leeds were?

Bolton team and styles @ http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/92

They may not play pushing too far forward with a high line and get caught for four goals again. It looked like they played more of a 4-4-2 against Liverpool, later 4-4-1. If they do play a high line, the faster forwards the better and this means CMS over Leon Best. I would prefer that anyway as I don't think Best is any better than CMS at shooting.

Lualua for Best or CMS is something I would consider.

PS: Bolton have spent 13 seasons in the Premier League
http://www.statto.com/football/teams/bolton-wanderers/2006-2007

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Would be happy with another away point.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 6s7 seconds ago

#BHAFC v #BWFC: Stockdale, Bruno, Greer, Dunk, Bennett; Ince, Kayal, Teixeira; Calderon, Mackail-Smith, Baldock. #BWFCvBHA

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 15s16 seconds ago

#BHAFC subs v Bolton: Walton (GK), Hughes, Stephens, Ledesma, LuaLua, O'Grady, Best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here