Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bolton Wanderers plight!

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Every single professional club in this country is in debt I believe including Chelski, City, Utd Liverpool, Arsenal by millions and millions they live on credit all of them.

I think I read somewhere West Brom and one other club in the PL were the only clubs who weren't in debt at all, can't remember the other club.

According to this report, WBA have debts of £1m and Spurs are the only debt free Premier league club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just need a little bit of 'me' time before I make my mind up x
Filthy creep.

Remember, every Sunday is a Super Sunday and there are plenty more suckers who will continue to believe the gobshites and pillagers of what was once a game.

Monday morning at my work, is horrific, it's just a relentless barrage of Sky Sports, Super Sunday etc..

20% of the workforce (about 15 or so blokes) know EVERYTHING that happened in every game of Premier League football, the previous weekend.
The only nod to 'lesser' games are those teams supported by others, Albion, Brentford, Charlton.

Other than a semi regular Spurs fan and a Gooner very little live football is watched, yet there they are all 'real' fans.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's more to do with them spending enormous amounts of money for players, quite beyond their means and status as a small club.
Also paying astronomical wages to players who really weren't worth half of what they paid them, and for them.
Over the years racking up a £189 million debt !
Should we feel sorry for them ? I don't think so really.
I feel sorry for them. One has to assume that Davies endorsed the spending and now they're fukked he can't/won't continue.

We're £190M in debt to Bloom and if he ever decides he can't or doesn't want to continue financial support we would have HMRC issuing the order in no time

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Bournemouth will end up the same, already talking about £16million buys next season and they won't SING for chump change wages

I actually agree. I think Bournemouth are already going out on a limb. And as good a manager as Eddie Howe may or may not be, he is rolling the dice with other people's money. It is all well and good playing the type of football they play but invariably the clubs which do it always get pipped at the post and eventually go down.

They have jst signed Lewis Grabban for £8m whom they sold for £3.5m 2 years ago and the guy isn't really very good. He can't get into a Norwich team whose top striker is Cameron Jerome.

I would like to see them stay up but the Manager needs to stop the expansive football and start grinding out results rather than a win every 4 games or so

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I actually agree. I think Bournemouth are already going out on a limb. And as good a manager as Eddie Howe may or may not be, he is rolling the dice with other people's money. It is all well and good playing the type of football they play but invariably the clubs which do it always get pipped at the post and eventually go down.

They have jst signed Lewis Grabban for £8m whom they sold for £3.5m 2 years ago and the guy isn't really very good. He can't get into a Norwich team whose top striker is Cameron Jerome.

I would like to see them stay up but the Manager needs to stop the expansive football and start grinding out results rather than a win every 4 games or so

I hope you're not SUGGESTING Chris Hughton is going there ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

I think they will go down with Villa and Sunderland. I really feel they have worked the system, doubt they will get punished though

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think they will go down with Villa and Sunderland. I really feel they have worked the system, doubt they will get punished though

I think they'll be OK. Norwich look more likely than them to fill the remaining spot (assuming that the first two places are going to be taken by Villa & Sunderland). Bournemouth may be weak in defence, but they do score goals, which Norwich struggle with. West Brom aren't up to much either. Bournemouth have gambled, cheated their way past FFP, and have won. That's how it is.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think they'll be OK. Norwich look more likely than them to fill the remaining spot (assuming that the first two places are going to be taken by Villa & Sunderland). Bournemouth may be weak in defence, but they do score goals, which Norwich struggle with. West Brom aren't up to much either. Bournemouth have gambled, cheated their way past FFP, and have won. That's how it is.

I don't think Sunderland will go down. I think Allardyce knows how to grind out results. He knows where to and how to target the teams to pick up points against. They won't beat many of the big teams but will pick up the points they need against the other relegation rivals.

The inexperienced managers at that level will all go I think. Villa, Norwich and Bournemouth. If one of them manages to escape I think it would be Swansea or Watford - again because the managers are inexperienced in the Premiership

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Let us not forget how large our debt to our owner is, not a million miles from Bolton levels. The only difference being that Bolton's owner wants to end his time there.
Make no mistake our club needs a stint in the PL to make our current operating level sustainable.
We're far from the only club mind.

As for going down, Villa are gone obviously. Really hard to pick 2 more it's all a guess. People have expected Bournemouth to slip at some point but they've kept themselves above water all season so far. Perhaps their only stint in the relegation zone will come right at the end? It happens. Norwich are so up and down performance wise, they look pretty good in small patches. Personally I'd like to see the end of the Pulis and Allardyce reigns of shite football keeping sides up. Pulis unlikely to go down from WBA's position, but Sunderland are obviously in trouble.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
According to this report, WBA have debts of £1m and Spurs are the only debt free Premier league club.

I must admit saying that it was last year i read it .
But saying that for one club to to have only £1 million debt and SPURS ???? to be the only ones without is pretty amazing by todays standards

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But saying that for one club to to have only £1 million debt and SPURS ???? to be the only ones without is pretty amazing by todays standards
Would Spurs be in profit had Redknapp sold that useless lump Bale of a couple of million?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
'Let us not forget how large our debt to our owner is, not a million miles from Bolton levels. The only difference being that Bolton's owner wants to end his time there.'

One difference may be that they don't really know who owns their club. Davies may not be the only owner - Large chunk of Bolton's ownership lies offshore, and it seems it is not really possible to know who is pulling the strings, or what their situation is:

http://www.theoffshoregame.net/boltons-moonshift/

Bournemouth have a similar situation.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

To be fair, Loz correctly pointed out that I had missed Swansea who were also reported to have zero debt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here