Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton ratings (Away)

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I wasn't there but using the power of a shaman who committed a ritual sacrifice of a baby goat reckon the ratings were:

Moseley - 8 - best hair on the pitch
Cattlin - 7 a rock in defence
Foster- 6 headband let him down
Stevens- 8 yes OUR Gary Stevens
Gregory - 5 poor going forward and at fault for the penalty
Horton - 9 vintage nobby
O'sullivan - 8 bamboozled Bolton with his awesome tache
Sayer - 6 carried an injury but the show must go on
Chivers - 7 took his goal well
Ryan - 8 great assist off the bubble perm
Clarke - 7

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Oscar has a right old dilemma now, his 3 centre backs are all performing marvellously :clap:

Nice problem for Oscar to have, whilst it's great having Dunk get game time and the chance to develop Upson should be back in alongside Greer next week.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
At the game

Kuszczak 8
Bruno 7.5
Greer 8
Dunk 8
Ward 7.5
Ince 7
Stephens 7.5
JFC 7
Buckley 8.5
Lingard 7.5
Ulloa 8

subs
March 7.5
Rodriguez 7

away support 6.5

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Kuszczak 7.5 - Some good saves and distribution better
Bruno 7 - did ok
Greer 8 - solid
Dunk 8 MOM - excellent blocks and positioning
Ward 8 - did well defending and attacking, although a bit wayward shooting
Ince 6.5 - poor by his high standards
Stephens 7 - poor 1st half, much better 2nd
JFC 7.5 - the better of the trio
Buckley 8 - 2 beautiful finishes
Lingard 7.5 - caused them problems
Ulloa 8 - Some fantastic touches and holdup play

subs
March 7 - did ok
Rodriguez N/A

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I was there.

PIG 8 - Made some key saves again to keep it at 1-0 in the first half.
Bruno 7 - Solid game for the Spanish Bald-Headed RB
Dunk 8 - Looked very very good again, doesn't deserve to be dropped when Upson is feeling better but you can see it happening really.
Greer 8 - Very solid, I am usually a member of the 'Dislike Greer' club but he did very well today and made a very crucial tackle in the first half.
Ward 7 - Had a couple of good runs down the left side and put in a couple of blocks, solid.
Ince 7 - Made a couple of mistakes and where he chases the ball down after losing it, he didn't succeed this time. However, a couple of 'Bambi Tekkers' showed us why we all love Rohan Ince.
Stephens 7 - Didn't do anything noticeably wrong nor anything noticeably spectacular but he did play well and I'd have him in the midfield trio over Andrews any day of the week.
JFC 6 - Went missing again in patches like he does and didn't really do enough for me to get him to that 7.
Buckley 8 - MOM - Can't really argue with this, he scored the 2 goals that won us the game. The second goal showed us the speed that he brings to the team that we have been missing.
Lingard 7 - Very good yet again, haven't been disappointed with him as of yet. He is a very good player who is very good with his feet. On the contrary, he is quite lightweight and he should have had a goal today but didn't take his chances first time.
Ulloa 7 - This is a difficult one as he didn't really shine at all in the last third apart from the setup for the first goal but he did put in a couple of good tackles and heading away the Bolton corners.

Subs

March 7 - Looked good, as always.
Rodriguez 6 - Wasn't on that long but put in a decent shift.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Kuszczak 9 Joint MoM. Three really critical and good saves, including 1 reflex tip over the bar. Pretty dominant in the area, catching more than usual. Much better distribution, mostly mid range throws to Ward/Bruno, mostly Ward.
Bruno 7 Much more solid than against QPR - better in defense, less good in attack.
Greer 8 Solid and good
Dunk 8 Continues to put in really solid performances. Made some very good blocks and clearances.
Ward 8 Made some decent runs down the left. Rarely troubled.

Back 5 were really solid today.

Ince 6 Not great in the first half; much better in the second. Still often as elegant as Eric Pickles, but so often comes away with the ball and makes the right pass that you just can't knock it.
Stephens 7 I didn't think he was as good as some others do, but solid enough
JFC 6 Popped up all over the place on occasions. Would rather there were a few more occasions.

Midfield was probably our weakest area today, especially in the first half.

Buckley 9 Joint MoM. Busy, bustling and 2 goals. What's not to like?
Lingard 7 Probably his best game for us so far. Was more direct and took on a couple of shots, one of which was close. Still mostly comes in off the left; I'd like to see him in the hole behind Leo. Two really good mazy runs and some deft lay-offs. Hmmm...maybe just scrapes an 8? Went off after suffering what looked like an eye injury. Hopefully it's not serious.
Ulloa 8 Played well. Hold up play much better than of late, but still spends too mch time looking at the defender as an aerial ball comes to him rather that at the ball. First touch much better than recently.

subs
March 8 Scared them. He's really pretty strong on the ball and gets stuck in. I like this lad.
Rodriguez 6 Busy enough. Did nothing wrong, nearly got on the end of a nice diagonal ball from JFC (?)

Overall, I thought they played nice attacking, direct football, getting plenty of men forward, but their heads went down after their disallowed goal and we took the p*ss with our passing game after our second.

A very satisfactory performance!

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Kuszczak 9 Joint MoM. Three really critical and good saves, including 1 reflex tip over the bar. Pretty dominant in the area, catching more than usual. Much better distribution, mostly mid range throws to Ward/Bruno, mostly Ward.
Bruno 7 Much more solid than against QPR - better in defense, less good in attack.
Greer 8 Solid and good
Dunk 8 Continues to put in really solid performances. Made some very good blocks and clearances.
Ward 8 Made some decent runs down the left. Rarely troubled.

Back 5 were really solid today.

Ince 6 Not great in the first half; much better in the second. Still often as elegant as Eric Pickles, but so often comes away with the ball and makes the right pass that you just can't knock it.
Stephens 7 I didn't think he was as good as some others do, but solid enough
JFC 6 Popped up all over the place on occasions. Would rather there were a few more occasions.

Midfield was probably our weakest area today, especially in the first half.

Buckley 9 Joint MoM. Busy, bustling and 2 goals. What's not to like?
Lingard 7 Probably his best game for us so far. Was more direct and took on a couple of shots, one of which was close. Still mostly comes in off the left; I'd like to see him in the hole behind Leo. Two really good mazy runs and some deft lay-offs. Hmmm...maybe just scrapes an 8? Went off after suffering what looked like an eye injury. Hopefully it's not serious.
Ulloa 8 Played well. Hold up play much better than of late, but still spends too mch time looking at the defender as an aerial ball comes to him rather that at the ball. First touch much better than recently.

subs
March 8 Scared them. He's really pretty strong on the ball and gets stuck in. I like this lad.
Rodriguez 6 Busy enough. Did nothing wrong, nearly got on the end of a nice diagonal ball from JFC (?)

Overall, I thought they played nice attacking, direct football, getting plenty of men forward, but their heads went down after their disallowed goal and we took the p*ss with our passing game after our second.

A very satisfactory performance!

Really good summary. Agree with all your ratings/comments except a bit high for Leo 6 or 7 for me. Stephens settling into the Crofts role really well.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Stephens

NOT Stevens

get it right folks

(oh, and he was born in Bolton ........... not that this has anything to do with anything)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Here are my ratings for WWII, which finished a generation before I was born.

The Bosch:
Strong on paper and really should have walked this but ultimately undone by bombing down the flanks when they should have pressed home their numerical advantage down the centre.
Italy:
Too defensive. Alot of good work in their own half but looked lightweight when going forward and far happier passing it across their own back 4. No ambition.
France:
Hardly in the game. Went down under the first heavy challenge and never recovered.
Japan:
Started off brightly but threw it away with some crazy attacking tactics in the final 15 minutes.
Australia:
Solid and dependable
N Zealand:
As above
Poland:
Quality utility play. Unsung heroes who put in a full shift with some unselfish fetch and carry play. Did the simple stuff well.
Switzerland:
Anonymous throughout. Were they even on the pitch?
Russia:
Threw themselves in whole-heartedly but took a lot of punishment. Didn't get much from the ref.
Tommy:
Typical back-to-the-wall defending against the odds, only to go up the other end on 89 mins and nick it right at the death.

Late Sub
USA:
Good use of impact sub. Changed the game. Should have come on earlier through, or possibly even started?

Switzerland = David May

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
From the official club texts I received while driving round the Hampshire countryside, I got the impression that Buckley did quite well.

But this is the most entertaining thread I have read on here for a long, long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here