Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boko Haram 'joins Islamic State'

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The IS are very real, but the perceived threat is greatly exaggerated as we are constantly bombarded with stories of their atrocities 3,000 miles away. The reality is that they are not a threat to anyone apart from the poor souls living in the Middle East.

How about Sweden and Malmo, not Middle East last time i looked, Marseille France, Denmark etc.
Well just Malmo for now.
https://midnightwatcher.wordpress.c...rrenders-their-third-largest-city-to-muslims/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/muslim-refugees-and-the-cost-of-sweden-s-kindness-1.912737

Massive immigration has made Malmö today one quarter Muslim, and stands to transform it into a Muslim majority city within just a few decades. One of the most popular baby names is not Sven, but Mohammed. Pork has been taken off some school menus. Want to learn to drive? You can attend Malmö's own "Jihad Driving School."
But despite Malmö's usually placid appearance, this experiment in multiculturalism has not gone well. In the Rosengaard section of Malmö, a housing project made up primarily of immigrants, fire and emergency workers will no longer enter without police protection.
Unemployment in Rosengaard is reported to be 70 percent. An immigrant-fueled crime wave affects one of every three Malmö families each year. The number of rapes has tripled in 20 years.
But Malmö has been so accommodating toward immigrant Muslims that a local Muslim politician, Adly Abu Hajar, has declared that "The best Islamic state is Sweden!"
http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2009/March/Malmo-Sweden-Growing-Muslim-Influence-/

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Didn't people just get shot by Muslims in Copenhagen? That's clearly not "western" enough for Mustafa. He won't believe it's a problem until they're raping his neighbours and even then he'd likely just out the chain on his door and turn the telly up. Why care? It's all just media sensationalism.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
IS are only 60m away from EU borders

really? where would that be?

Didn't people just get shot by Muslims in Copenhagen? That's clearly not "western" enough for Mustafa. He won't believe it's a problem until they're raping his neighbours and even then he'd likely just out the chain on his door and turn the telly up. Why care? It's all just media sensationalism.

and France remember. but thats muslims with issues, not IS. you know they arent the same, right?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What I'm trying to explain

Now this is your first mistake. You have to understand that you are stupid..............and therefore unable to explain anything in a coherent manner.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

A tragedy for that part of the world. Sweden and Denmark have only ever offered refuge. Countries that can be phenomenally proud of their reaction to, in denmarks case, a difficult occupation dealt with honourably (ensuring almost everyone under threat from nazism got to Sweden) and in swedens case, neutrality in very difficult conditions.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
really? where would that be?

Well to be exact its about 180m to Tripoli in land miles but .....;

Isis is in Libya and Tripoli - Malta international waters is 60m miles away - Malta is in EU and another 60m Land miles from Italy.

But its a bit close for comfort and ...Funnily enough the last Jihad we had was in Malta too -

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Well to be exact its about 180m to Tripoli in land miles but .....;

so 60miles is really 180miles and thats over the med. what were we saying about hype?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The IS are very real, but the perceived threat is greatly exaggerated as we are constantly bombarded with stories of their atrocities 3,000 miles away. The reality is that they are not a threat to anyone apart from the poor souls living in the Middle East.

Their ideology is completely unsustainable and they have far too many enemies. While they will not last, nor do they pose a physical threat to Europeans, the most damaging thing they are doing to us is creating an antipathy towards European Muslims and causing a very harmful social divide - but this is intentional.

Their ideology is over 1000 years old and has spread like a cancer to every part of the world.It poses a very real ideological threat to every person that values freedom.

Just because its most prevalent 3000 miles away is no excuse to ignore it and bury your head in the sand,stamp on the cancer now and reduce its ideological threat before the infected become too many to control

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Yes, but we must put some.
If you look at cities around Europe and beyond, you will see, just lets say integration of some ( the other faiths seem to rub along nicely) have at best not really worked, at worst are causing major issues including death.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This is the exact kind of hysteria that I am referring to - it is completely irrational, you're literally hysterical (and it's contagious). There is almost zero risk of you or any one you know being directly affected by IS, Boko Haram or terrorism in general - ever.

Of course Jihadist terrorism has increased since the wars in the Middle East and the subsequent uprisings, but it is still so rare and improbable in the West that it is certainly not worth the panic that the mainstream media are stirring, there are far more significant and pressing concerns that the British public should be addressing instead.

If the world had more sense, Jihadists would not be making the front page of the tabloids every day - they do horrific things specifically to shock and outrage for that very reason. Such attention glorifies and empowers the terrorists, creates an irrational fear in the public like with yourself, exacerbates the increasing isolation of the peaceful Muslim majority, and so on. The mainstream media are either extremely irresponsible, or there is an ulterior motive - either way, you should do more not to get caught up in the hysteria.

I'm not in the least hysterical son and I don't care for your semi paranoid claptrap. Of course papers will highlight the sensational stories. Try not to get caught up in the CT bobbins.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
so 60miles is really 180miles and thats over the med. what were we saying about hype?

If you think 180miles across the med is far you really are stupid - it's nothing in a fast boat parts of Libya are even closer and its 60 miles from cruiser ships - dig your head in the sand you old fool

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
This is the exact kind of hysteria that I am referring to - it is completely irrational, you're literally hysterical (and it's contagious). There is almost zero risk of you or any one you know being directly affected by IS, Boko Haram or terrorism in general - ever.

Of course Jihadist terrorism has increased since the wars in the Middle East and the subsequent uprisings, but it is still so rare and improbable in the West that it is certainly not worth the panic that the mainstream media are stirring, there are far more significant and pressing concerns that the British public should be addressing instead.

If the world had more sense, Jihadists would not be making the front page of the tabloids every day - they do horrific things specifically to shock and outrage for that very reason. Such attention glorifies and empowers the terrorists, creates an irrational fear in the public like with yourself, exacerbates the increasing isolation of the peaceful Muslim majority, and so on. The mainstream media are either extremely irresponsible, or there is an ulterior motive - either way, you should do more not to get caught up in the hysteria.

I'm sorry fella but burning someone to death in a cage or beheading 20 men in one go IS NEWS whether you like it or not and where it happens is irrelevant. If a lone crazed student in Chicago burned someone to death in a cage it would be reported all over the world... or would you be against this as it may adversely affect other peace loving Americans in this country.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Their ideology is around 16 years old. Boko Haram's is less than 6. Unless you're talking about the wider movement of Wahhabism, but even that is less than 75 years old.

The Middle East essentially needs peace and prosperity - once it has that, then these despicable extremist groups will be confined to the history books.

The Middle East has never had so much prosperity. They have the majority of the oil in the world. The fact that it is held by the sheikhs and kings of their countries and not by the common man is down to their own governments.
The idea of a Caliphate is not 16 years old nor is it down to the west (as you keep repeating time & time again).
Read and learn.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/89739/Caliphate

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How do you 'join' Islamic State? Is it just a filled in form or do you have to complete tests?

I'm not looking to enlist by the way!

I think it's more of a franchise system, like opening a KFC outlet.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
How do you 'join' Islamic State? Is it just a filled in form or do you have to complete tests?

I'm not looking to enlist by the way!

I think you have to be a sub human religious fanatic and easily persuaded to follow a cause that flies in the face of any decent religious doctrine.

They need to be treated like Ebola and exterminated.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
there are far more significant and pressing concerns that the British public should be addressing instead.

I

Perhaps, but as you keep repeating this, a sort of deflection i suppose, i am not sure if you have noticed but there are threads on the "pressing concerns" for the British public on many threads. This one is on Boko/Isis and the spread of their barbaric and backward ideology.
I think it has been pointed out that the troubles are not confined to 3000 miles away.
If there was not the murderous barbaric practices going on, and what is happening on our own shores in relation to it, then the press would not be reporting it.
Personally i think the press do not cover it properly, much is not in our press.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The Middle East has never had so much prosperity. They have the majority of the oil in the world. The fact that it is held by the sheikhs and kings of their countries and not by the common man is down to their own governments.
The idea of a Caliphate is not 16 years old nor is it down to the west (as you keep repeating time & time again).
Read and learn.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/89739/Caliphate

Exactly this is not being driven by poverty or oppression, quite the opposite.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Of course the propaganda reaches everywhere when our mainstream media laps it up and blows it out of all proportion prolifically and on a daily basis. It even seems to glorify the terrorists by giving them memorable pseudonyms like "Jihadi John", "White Widow" and so on - then detailing every gruesome detail of their atrocities.

There are far more pressing issues that are a considerably greater threat to Britons than Jihadists - including climate change, inequality, drug laws, etc - but they are largely ignored because there is a selective narrative that is led by world governments, the mainstream media and corporate interests.

And so speaks the 5th Columnist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here