Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boko Haram 'joins Islamic State'

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It is important to remain rationally minded. Of course 7/7 was an awful thing, as are all terrorist attacks, but it's vital to remember that such events are extremely rare and it is almost certain that you and everyone you know will never directly be affected by one.

7/7 happened nearly 10 years ago now, tragically killing 50 people - of course the victims should not be forgotten, but we shouldn't let it skew our perception of real life risks - literally more people in Britain die from lightning strikes than terrorist attacks on British soil by some margin.

That said, our forces are doing a brilliant job at thwarting the rogue nutters who do plot to kill in name of extremist ideologies. So we can be confident that we don't need to sacrifice even more of our freedoms to tackle terrorism - equally we should never be convinced to go to war in the manner that we have ever again.

I suppose the stats will back up your claim that it is highly unlikely that we would be bombed etc (as opposed to the inconvenience at airports) here in the UK, but given that another post talks of 400 convictions, this is probably due in equal measure to the diligence of the security forces, and doubtless an element of luck. I can accept that "emergency powers" can be abused in that they are used in non-emergency situations, as people and power are not a good combination, but on balance this may be a necessary evil. Just out of interest and the question is not meant to be loaded in the slightest - how would your everyday punter in the street be affected by more powers given to government to combat terrorism.
I liked your post, but the last sentence - you could not resist a dig, could you?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
But your argument carries no weight as you are a terrorist sympathiser.

Terrorist sympathiser...or just an 'apologist'......?

Sadly, both are part of the problem.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And now I am getting 'Muslim Matrimonials' adverts coming up on this thread. They want to infiltrate us don't they ?
Cunning lot this IS.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This is sick. For those who thought that the 15 year olds were in danger and not dangerous.
ISIS release sick new video of boy executioner, aged around 10, shooting dead 'Israeli spy' captured in Syria last year
The 13-minute film shows a man identified as Muhammad Said Ismail Musallam describing how he was sent by Israeli intelligence to infiltrate ISIS in Syria before he is executed in a field.
The hostage is seen kneeling at the feet of two uniformed militants - one of whom appears to be no older than 10 - before being shot in the forehead at point-blank range
While the video makes it seem as though the child was the shooter, the editing makes it impossible to tell whether the boy actually pulled the trigger.
The video may upset some.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-captured-Syria-year.html?ito=social-facebook

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I doubt if anybody thought that 15 years olds could not be dangerous or deadly. We learned this from the Lords Army in Africa, and others before them. Some children growing up in war zones tend to be a little different than children growing up in Sussex.
Good to see you and the Daily Mail doing ISIS's work for them, spreading their propaganda. Good effort.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I doubt if anybody thought that 15 years olds could not be dangerous or deadly.

I don't know for certain how old the little boy in the video is, allegedly executing the man. However the BBC report is saying 12 years old.

I believe it is worth bringing attention to this shocking and cold hearted act by these savage Muslims.

I thank you personally for helping to keep this thread alive by posting on it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Youre welcome. I dont want to disappoint the 'permanently offended' on NSC.

Just out of curiosity, were the massacres committed by children of the LRA not so shocking, savage, cold hearted, or is the religion of the perpetrators not so important to you, if anything but muslim?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Youre welcome. I dont want to disappoint the 'permanently offended' on NSC.

Just out of curiosity, were the massacres committed by children of the LRA not so shocking, savage, cold hearted, or is the religion of the perpetrators not so important to you, if anything but muslim?

Unless I am mistaken this thread is about the savagery of the various factions of Muslims.

Perhaps you should start a thread on your preferred choice ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Its ok...I just noted your phrase 'these savage muslims'...
Dont worry about comparing the massacres committed by savage fundamentalist Christian nutters in Africa with savage fundamentalist Musilm nutters in Africa. Im sure its much more savage when carried out by Islamic nutters. Wouldnt want to upset your 'agenda'. Apologies.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Its ok...I just noted your phrase 'these savage muslims'...

I sincerely believe the Muslims de-capitating so many innocent people (and nearly always those who are not Sunni Muslims) can rightly be described as 'savage Muslims'.

I have absolutely no doubt, that even if you cannot disagree with this......you would dearly love to.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No, ive no problem condemning fanatical extremists.Neither does anybody else on NSC (except those who defend British, white extremists),. Why would you believe such a ridiculous thing ?
IS has been killing plenty of Sunni muslims from the Sunni tribes that oppose them, and have been doing so for 3 years or so..

Jan 30, 2008
No, ive no problem condemning fanatical extremists.Neither does anybody else on NSC (except those who defend British, white extremists),. Why would you believe such a ridiculous thing ?
IS has been killing plenty of Sunni muslims from the Sunni tribes that oppose them, and have been doing so for 3 years or so..
a believer in your own bullshit :lolol::lolol::lolol:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here