Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora's next club

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I wonder what Tony Bloom thinks about this situation. He will trust the judgement of his scouting and management team, but he himself predates them and will know personally how successful and popular Bobby was when he was here.

If the vast majority of the supporter base wanted him back here then there could be a deal to be done, but I suspect at least half of fans think he's simply past it and Bloom probably knows this. But then it looked as though Kevin Phillips and Jason Roberts were past it too.

I would be fairly certain that any decision would be made for footballing reasons and footballing reasons only.

And Kevin Phillips, although 94 and counting, has shown in relatively recent times that he is still capable of "doing it", and still wants to. If we were to sign BZ - and I don't think for a moment we would - it would be because we thought he could be a useful squad member, and was still capable of "doing it". It would not be for sentimental reasons, or to please the fans.... and I for one would be thoroughly disappointed if it were done for reasons other than football reasons.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
There's that old cliche: "Never go back". I seriously think it applies in the case of BZ.

He's a crock at present and has been very injury prone over the last few years. Sadly I think he's too much of a sicknote these days to even take a punt on, even more so if he's looking for a last big payday. When he has been fit, his form has been nothing above average for QPR by accounts.

We saw and enjoyed the best of him. I think we should leave it at that.
Could'nt agree more...stay the Legend you were at the Albion Bobby...

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I said at the top of the previous page I believe Bloom will trust the judgement of his management and scouting team, but the fact remains Zamora will be on the market, someone is going to sign him and we will need a striker of his ilk - Obika clearly isn't going to be the answer.

And if we DO sign him I WILL be getting a replica shirt with his name on - for my 8 year-old son.

My gut feeling is that it won't happen and that he'll end up at Reading.

Never go back. I told you that about ur misses would you listen let it lie!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
On Tuesday Harry Redknapp revealed that Bobby Zamora is looking for a new club, with his two and a half year deal up this summer.

So where do we think he will end up?

1. He has historically chosen to live and play in the South-East.

2. He hasn't played much football in the last 2 years, so will probably want a move where he'll get plenty of first team action.
3. Physically, it's unlikely he'll play much more than 30-35 games in a season.
4. Tactically, I'd expect him to be targeting a club where he wouldn't be the lone striker - I don't think his body is up to that job any more. More likely he'd play the Heskey role in a Heskey-Owen type combination.
5. I don't think he'd come cheap, so only a handful of Championship clubs will be able to afford him with FFP in full effect. With his body he'd be a gamble for any team.

as long as its nowhere near our club i willbe happy!!!!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He won't get anywhere near what he is on now for his next contract. The question is 'does he want to play or does he want to maximise his earnings?' Not sure.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
He won't get anywhere near what he is on now for his next contract. The question is 'does he want to play or does he want to maximise his earnings?' Not sure.

It is a short career is'nt it.I remember Bobby Z coming to us. Now he is at the back end of maybe his last big contract.......I wonder what will become of him !

D

Deleted member 2719

And if we DO sign him I WILL be getting a replica shirt with his name on - for my 8 year-old son.

Great call I will be getting one for my 7 year old son and his 50 year old dad!

Bring back Zod.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here