#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Portsmouth (£25k a week)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We have a lot of people wearing rose tinted BZ spectacles. If he wants money, he will have to move abroad, if he wants any sort of a contract, here he will need to start playing. As for coaching this is a guy who confesses never to watch football because he finds it boring. Best of luck to him and many happy memories, but coaching staff ? be serious.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If we dont go up this season and Ulloa goes then it wouldnt be a bad shout getting him back on a 'pay as you play' deal.

Do these deals actually exist? I can't for the life of me see why he would sign a deal like this?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
His return could be rejoiced with the singing of the psalm i conducted using the Wizardora theme tune. I'd be happy to have him on the scene as i warble, as long as our FFP plans are kept well in check.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Do these deals actually exist? I can't for the life of me see why he would sign a deal like this?

They do exist but i think he would probably get a year elsewhere in the Champ/L1. Last time i read about BZ it seemed his heart wasnt in football anymore - it may well be that he hangs his boots up?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Retirement i would say, he's had his fair share of injuries. I reckon he won't stay in the game either. Just a hunch. Expect to see him employed by the club on a match day in hospitality!!!!

Yeah, probably this. I'm sure I read somewhere that he doesn't actually like the game, making retirement quite likely. I doubt he's a big enough name to get a big payday in the MLS.

I wish him well whatever he does. Just hope that, despite his hero status, he doesn't end up back here.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wonder what Tony Bloom thinks about this situation. He will trust the judgement of his scouting and management team, but he himself predates them and will know personally how successful and popular Bobby was when he was here.

If the vast majority of the supporter base wanted him back here then there could be a deal to be done, but I suspect at least half of fans think he's simply past it and Bloom probably knows this. But then it looked as though Kevin Phillips and Jason Roberts were past it too.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I wonder what Tony Bloom thinks about this situation. He will trust the judgement of his scouting and management team, but he himself predates them and will know personally how successful and popular Bobby was when he was here.

If the vast majority of the supporter base wanted him back here then there could be a deal to be done, but I suspect at least half of fans think he's simply past it and Bloom probably knows this. But then it looked as though Kevin Phillips and Jason Roberts were past it too.

In a case like this, what the vast majority of the supporter base wants is largely irrelevant.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In a case like this, what the vast majority of the supporter base wants is largely irrelevant.

What, you mean the 10,000 people buying the new Nike replica kit with ZAMORA on the back? The club are hell bent on increasing revenue while staying within FFP, so he is likely to be a 'pull factor' for many fans and commercial factors are relevant.

Similarly, if the vast majority of fans thought Bobby was past it and it was better not to go there a second time then I suspect Bloom would also take note of that.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Albion Ladies or Rochdale would be his best bets I would have thought.

I think we tend to over-egg his connection with this club. Most neutrals wouldn't know much about his Brighton career, his career in the Premiership far usurping successful lower league campaigns with us. In football career terms his stint with us is ancient history.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would take a punt on Reading if they fail to go up. They have parachute payments still and afterall threw LOADS of money at Wayne Bridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here