Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora Press Conference

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Cheshire Dolphin said:
So did we actually get a bid for 3mill from everton?

a) It wasn't a solid offer.

b) It was over a year ago when the market was still buoyant (before Rio Ferdinand went to Man Utd for £30m).

3) We were still in the Second Division and might not have got promoted if we'd sold him then.

With hindsight we should have sold him before the market peaked... or bought out Bristol Rover's share.

And people would have still moaned at Dick.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Iam sorry but Hoddle is just a complete sarcastic wanker. r.e quote " i am going to miss the drive down to Brighton"

As for 1.5m what the f*** is DK playing at. I'm totally lost for words. For the firing squad anyone
:shootself :shootself :shootself

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
has there actually been confirmation of the £1.5m price? cos if that's correct, it's time for knight to resign. that is criminal!

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
What has happened for us to suddenly accept 1.5 million? I know the transfer market has fallen through, but there something not right here. Cardiff bloody offered that and how we laughed at there puny offer.! Now he's gone for the same price, more goals and more Under 21 caps later.:eek:

EarlOfSuave

Jul 9, 2003
Unbe-f*cking-lievable.

I couldn't be more depressed this afternoon. We're doomed I tell you, doomed.

We get a pittance for Zamora, when let's be frank we could have sold him well over a year ago for two or three times what we're getting for him now.

Even the £2.2 million that Cardiff offered looks like a huge windfall compared to this paltry sum. I would have rather he'd been sold to our Welsh 'friends' than be sold for virtually nothing. It's a disgrace.

We'll do well to avoid relegation next season let alone mount a promotion challenge.

Dick Knight and his hypocritical doublespeak has a lot to answer for.

:censored:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I'm surprised we didn't give 'em Danny as well, as a sweetner. £1.5 million is a f@cking joke for a player with the quality and potential of Zamora, especially as he still had 3 years to run on his contract!!!

We need an official statement from the club now!!

:censored:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
£1.5mill with no clauses?

I demand an explanation Mr Knight.

BEFORE the end of today.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
am I the only one who thinks this is a good deal?

my reasons-

1. bobby wanted to go, you cant keep him here if he dosnt want to.

2. The bottoms fallen out of the market at the moment. price banded around for players in the past are now irrelivant.

3.we have no money and need 3-4 decent players.

4 its the best offer we have had this season.

5. he is untried in the premiership ,whos to say he can cut it? its still a gamble for spurs.

6. its beaten brightons transfer record.

I know we will miss him but one man dosnt make a club, and lets hope the money will go towards some exciting new signings in the next few weeks.

Bye Bye King Bobby.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
It's not merely about the players worth in the current transfer market, but also his worth to his current club.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
tinx said:
Un f***ing beleiveable, DIck Knight has got to come out ad speak to the brighton fans about this, his bollox comments about only selling him for a decent amount of cash was clearly bollocks. he needs to answer to the fans now or he'll become very unpopular.
i said that last week.If they came out and just told the f***ing truth, we would get behind them and not have to slag em off.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
what i didnt get was that the press repeatedly said that the highest he's played in is the 2nd division, so was it me or did last season happen??

gimps all of em

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Maybe Dick would like to take his belt off and let his trousers fall to floor then bend over as Pardew approaches from behind licking his lips and eyeing up Dicks cheeks before swifty taking Cullip for £1.

???

Go on, get f***ed twice in one day.

:(

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here