Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora at the Amex?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Cheer him bloody loudly.

Worryingly, I can imagine a small proportion booing him simply as it seems to be the thing to do to ex-players in football now.

The only ex-player who really got any stick (apart from Hammond who is now forgiven) was Harding. It was almost fun as we knew he would crumble every time.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
He'll be getting a massive round of applause from me.

He was amazing when he played for us and scored some wonderful goals. And that's the reason I'll be cheering him (before the game, I might add).
What he did after he left us has nothing to do with it.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If he doesn't get a great reception it will be a shame

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
And I get accused of starting shit threads ffs what a load of bollocks how can you have 3 pages on people saying they'd cheer Bobby if he came back, of course you would why wouldn't you

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Cheer him bloody loudly.

Worryingly, I can imagine a small proportion booing him simply as it seems to be the thing to do to ex-players in football now.

This will not happen. Another thing in Bobby's favour is that he always mentions his time at Brighton as the best in his career. He's a legend here like Wardy, he'll only receive the adoration he deserves!

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
He has spent most of his career in the Premier League & went on to play for England - He easily reached his potential and has become a cult hero for at least 3 clubs.

Not sure how good you think he should have become? Football League players, no matter how good, don't end up going on to become the next Cristiano Ronaldo...

Anyone who doesn't give him a lengthy & passionate standing ovation is either not a Brighton fan, or too young to remember...

No teams ever seemed to work out the Paul Watson quick chipped free kick for Bobby did they!?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Club Legend.

I dont think anyone has come close in the last 15 years.

Our current squad has a couple of potential heros. But currently nothing on Bobby.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
What on odd thread. There's no debate to be had here. Bobby is a Brighton legend and deserves our appreciation.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Blimey, you're a harsh critic. Rooney's on a reported £200k+ a week, has a bunch of medals and is on target to become the all-time England goal-scorer. Imagine what he'd have done if he'd reached his potential... :)

But I agree with you about BZ - the boy done good

Didn't I read something in the last few days from a former member of Manure's coaching staff saying exactly that - that Ronaldo took his training and fitness work very, very seriously, and that Rooney never did. Ronaldo was dedicated to doing as well as he could, and Rooney never could be bothered. I don't like either of them, but if Rooney had tried as hard as Ronaldo, he could have been as good a player.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Hopefully if BZ isn't injured, he will get the biggest cheer and applause from every single person. I hope and pray nobody boos him, because he is and will be the best striker I've ever witnessed in the blue and white stripes.

I was going to say you never saw Kit Napier, then. But I seem to recall the shirts then were plain blue with white sleeves, so no stripes involved, which might explain it.

And no. I am not being entirely serious.

PS - now somebody is bound to come up with a picture of Kit Napier in a blue and white striped shirt.

Nov 9, 2012
BZ deserves the warmest reception from the Albion faithful just like the one he got at Upton Park against us. He was my hero when I was growing up, and in my eyes is an Albion legend.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Like when ha played at Withdean for West Ham 'We love Bobby more than you'. And he was shite that day - kept passing to our players - Lol.

No, he'll be out injured, as Missgull said . . .

What a day that was. The perfect away performance. ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here