Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora at the Amex?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't understand the thread! BZ hasn't done anything that would warrant anything other than the bare minimum of a massive round of applause. He will of course get far more than that.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'll be giving him a rousing welcome back. True Albion legend.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He will greeted like the legend he is, and be reminded that he would be most welcome to play at the Amex more regularly.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ancient history. Not as good as he should have become.
Utter rubbish. Unlike a lot of promising young players he got better and better as he got older. When it didn't really work out for him at Spurs he could have easily just dropped back a division and sunk without trace. Instead he dropped down - and came back (with West Ham) even better.

'Nat as good as he should have been' is what you say about Rooney, Michael Owen and yes even Peter Ward. All players who were outstanding in their late teens / early twenties but never really fulfilled all their youthful potential.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If you were at the West Ham away game when Butters scored the winner, then I reckon he'll get the same reception.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
'Nat as good as he should have been' is what you say about Rooney ....

Blimey, you're a harsh critic. Rooney's on a reported £200k+ a week, has a bunch of medals and is on target to become the all-time England goal-scorer. Imagine what he'd have done if he'd reached his potential... :)

But I agree with you about BZ - the boy done good

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Blimey, you're a harsh critic. Rooney's on a reported £200k+ a week, has a bunch of medals and is on target to become the all-time England goal-scorer. Imagine what he'd have done if he'd reached his potential... :)

That may well be true. But when Rooney burst onto the scene, he looked as though he'd be world class. Unfortunately, he's 'just' very good. Therefore, he's disappointed and not fulfilled his potential.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
The ONLY thing he could have done better was to play regularly for England. It wasn't potential which stopped him doing that, it was injury.

It was within his grasps while he was at Fulham and West Ham. The likes of Peter Crouch were getting the nod. He could easily have played more for England if it wasn't for injury.

Other than that he has more than fulfilled his potential and is an absolute legend. Not only here but at Fulham and West Ham too.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We cheered Bobby when he came on against at West Ham in the cup even though we lost the game to some on doggy loan payer who caused us a small problem on that day I think he plays in Italy now !!!!!! I will give him a cheer as the guy was a good pro for the Albion and deserves his place as an Ablion legand .:bowdown:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I'm not denying he (Rooney) did well. Ditto Michael Owen. But after say Euro 2004 I think most of us thought (ok, hoped) he'd go on to become a genuinely great world-class player as opposed to stalling at 'good'. At his age now he should be at his peak, not maybe contemplating a move away from the English champions in order to get regular football.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Bobby Z has played against us a couple of times now and always received a warm reception even some Zamora Zamora chanting if I remember, so why would anything change now?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I'm not denying he (Rooney) did well. Ditto Michael Owen. But after say Euro 2004 I think most of us thought (ok, hoped) he'd go on to become a genuinely great world-class player as opposed to stalling at 'good'. At his age now he should be at his peak, not maybe contemplating a move away from the English champions in order to get regular football.

This. Rooney has been on steady decline since his 2004 heyday. He was genuinely world class for about 2 seasons, but only for those 2 seasons. This decline has pleased me greatly as i detest Manchester United and don't care much for the fortunes of the national team.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Cheer him bloody loudly.

Worryingly, I can imagine a small proportion booing him simply as it seems to be the thing to do to ex-players in football now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here