Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Does It!!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Derby were so confident of going up too. Oh well.

Yup. I think they thought it was a formality after the first legs of the semis. There's confidence and there's overconfidence. Stevie Mac may have fudged his build up prep.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Read something about Bobby getting a lot of stick from QPR fans this season (BBC website), there is a much bigger, nicer Stadium he could play at next season and receive unconditional love!!!!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6367934 said:
Bobby come home!

You know it makes sense.

Wherever he's been since he left us, fans have sometimes given him stick but when he pops up with an important goal, all of a sudden they're singing his praises.

We're very different because ALL of us would be singing his name ALL the time.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Why do a majority on here slag off Murray, yet adore Bobby Z?

Both went away for the money and fair play to them both, so what's the difference?

The BIG DIFFERENCE Pickles is that ONE gave his all for the club, whilst the other could not be ARSED. I will leave you to work out which is which

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Derby were so confident of going up too. Oh well.

The brolly wolly got it all wrong puting in high crosses against Dunn is a waste of time. Garcia to give him credit worked out how to beat Qpr and if we had of made it to Wembley we just may of been in the PL tonight.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Bobby is still a class act, especially at this level. QPR play 1 up front and that was always going to be Austin if fit. Zamora has been fit since Xmas and has come off the bench to change the game on several occasions. Anyone who thinks he wouldn't be a fantastic signing for us, is talking out of their arse. Far better all round player than Ulloa and still got a few years left in the tank....In fact we could be his idea of an ideal move....I think the club are going to have to make a few high profile signings, before the start of the season.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Why do a majority on here slag off Murray, yet adore Bobby Z?

Both went away for the money and fair play to them both, so what's the difference?

Bobby didn't go to Palace
Bobby never left us after a promotion
Bobby played for us in 3 divisions - we'd have never taken him to the Prem at Withdean

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Bobby didn't go to Palace
Bobby never left us after a promotion
Bobby played for us in 3 divisions - we'd have never taken him to the Prem at Withdean

Ok then Rich, let's take that a touch further.

Very recently, on this board when announced that PIG and Mathew Upson were on their way, the general consensus was 'thanks guys and we can't blame you for leaving seeing as you're going to be earning more money'.

These two also did none of what you quoted.

So, again, what is the difference?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ok then Rich, let's take that a touch further.

Very recently, on this board when announced that PIG and Mathew Upson were on their way, the general consensus was 'thanks guys and we can't blame you for leaving seeing as you're going to be earning more money'.

These two also did none of what you quoted.

So, again, what is the difference?

Two words.

Crystal Palace.

Personally, I like Murray still, was gutted when he left and don't blame him either BUT for a large number of our fans that was simply a step too far. Anyone but THEM.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bobby is still a class act, especially at this level. QPR play 1 up front and that was always going to be Austin if fit. Zamora has been fit since Xmas and has come off the bench to change the game on several occasions. Anyone who thinks he wouldn't be a fantastic signing for us, is talking out of their arse. Far better all round player than Ulloa and still got a few years left in the tank....In fact we could be his idea of an ideal move....I think the club are going to have to make a few high profile signings, before the start of the season.

I'm almost in total agreement with this although I'd think Bobby more likely has a season left unless he retires due to constant niggling injuries. I agree he is better than Ulloa but not far better, Ulloa has enough in his game to develop to reach Bobby's level (at his best). Bring the man back with his West Ham academy pals (Rio, Cole etc) and let's rip the Championship apart next season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sorry, how does ONE goal suddenly mean that he isnt past it ?

Yes, he popped up when QPR needed it, but he isnt a world beater - still wouldnt be sure on him returning.

We don't need him to be a world beater though. For the second year in a row a 'has-been' striker takes a Championship team to promotion. Do you see how this signing might be useful to us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here