Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Does It!!

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Why do a majority on here slag off Murray, yet adore Bobby Z?

Both went away for the money and fair play to them both, so what's the difference?

Leaving aside where Murray went, Bobby Z went about his work with Brighton with class and style for the whole time he was with us. The same cannot be said about Murray. Also, Bobby Z left a side relegated to the third tier to join one on the top flight.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Sorry, how does ONE goal suddenly mean that he isnt past it ?

Yes, he popped up when QPR needed it, but he isnt a world beater - still wouldnt be sure on him returning.

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Leaving aside where Murray went, Bobby Z went about his work with Brighton with class and style for the whole time he was with us. The same cannot be said about Murray. Also, Bobby Z left a side relegated to the third tier to join one on the top flight.

Spot on fella!

Murray had one great season for us, but he will never be the legend that is "Zamora" :bowdown::bowdown:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Sorry, how does ONE goal suddenly mean that he isnt past it ?

Yes, he popped up when QPR needed it, but he isnt a world beater - still wouldnt be sure on him returning.
He also changed the game in the semi v Wigan when Wigan were 1-0 UP.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

While Bobby will always be a hero to me, that isn't how I remember it. I remember a lot of people on here saying Bobby wasn't putting much of a shift in towards the end.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6367701 said:
This has to be a wind up Shirley!?

Not really.

As it so happened, I was at Chester when we won 7 - 2 ( or 1) and Bobby Z scored 3 whilst on loan from Bristol Rovers. I stand to be corrected on this.

Of course I know where Murray went.

Can you really blame Murray for turning down what was probably an extra quarter of a million pounds over 3 years?

Well, good luck to him I say.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Watch QPR cement themselves to the basement position September onwards. Can't wait.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Both went away for the money and fair play to them both, so what's the difference?

Bobby Zamora is a true legend whereas Murray is in a long queue waiting to join the Albion hall of fame.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

We turned down an very good offer for Zamora from Everton a year before selling him to Spurs. Despite missing out on an opportunity to play in the PL in front of 40k when we were still playing in an athletics track, he still played his heart out all season. Class act.

He's on a free and I'd love to see him back here for one last go. I'd happily see Ulloa sold and the money go towards paying BZ a nice signing fee and wages in a 2 year deal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My point still remains. Derby handed it to him on a plate and Wigan crumbled - much like last season, Wigan and Derby did exactly what us and Watford did last season - crumble when it mattered.

He's got a footballing brain. He is and was always in the right position to take advantage of mistakes. Sometimes in football, positioning is everything.

Bobby also won it for West Ham in 2005.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'd take both Zamora and Murray back tomorrow....Like people say Zamora had to go for his career and Murray wasn't wanted enough by the manager, clearly didn't want to move as he still lives in Brighton, so he probably didn't have much alternative.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Prob been mentioned that BZ got WH up several years ago with crucial goals in the play-off semi and final

Might be past his best, but might drop a division again for us, and do a job ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here