Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob Crow has died

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bob Crow made the railways a safer place for everyone. OK, it may have coincided with his members interests but he fought tirelessly against the privatised rail industry's attempts to cut manning&safety corners. RIP.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Didn't hate the man at all. Respected him. Didn't always agree with him.

It's a sad loss. We need people with his leadership qualities on the left and right. RIP.

Beautifully assessed, H. :thumbsup:

RIP Bob.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
_73502074_crowpicket_pa.jpg

:bowdown:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It is sad when anybody dies at that age,so RIP.
As several others have stated,didn't agree with his politics ,but he stood up for what he believed in.
A bit of a shame that some of those who were overjoyed about Margaret Thatcher's death and said so, are unable to take some welly when their working class hero dies.
But hey,that is NSC for you.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You can take my comment in anyway you like I was just saying that the council house will go to someone who actually need it. I wasn't laughing or anything and can't really see what the problem is with my comment.

When Thatcher died then there was some really nasty things said on here and hardly anyone battered an eye lid, I mention council house and there's outrage.

How can you compare anyone to Thatcher !!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Bob Crow made the railways a safer place for everyone. OK, it may have coincided with his members interests but he fought tirelessly against the privatised rail industry's attempts to cut manning&safety corners. RIP.

Exactly this. Well said.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do wonder what the issue with him is. He looked after his workers, who democratically voted him in year after year to represent them, and he worked tirelessly to give us a better, cheaper and safer rail service. He never swerved from his beliefs and was trustworthy and open. Surely the UK needs more people like this in power?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
"Thatcher can rot in hell" B. Crow

Oopsy!

In all seriousness, sad that a huge political figure has gone, as anyone with an interest in politics will feel. Nice to see a tempered response from the right of centre supporters in the UK.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I was gonna say what a thoughtless thing to say. But it wasnt thoughtless, you clearly have thought it through. You either simply want a reaction, or really do want ill to Bob Crow and others who share his stand on things.

The first is pathetic and juvenile, the second shows you to be a nasty human being.

One down, a few more needed to follow please!

TNBA

TTF

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I do wonder what the issue with him is. He looked after his workers, who democratically voted him in year after year to represent them, and he worked tirelessly to give us a better, cheaper and safer rail service. He never swerved from his beliefs and was trustworthy and open. Surely the UK needs more people like this in power?

Well that's not going to sit well with right wingers is it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here