Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob Bradley sacked

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
11 games reflects really badly on the American owners. Either because it was a poor appointment they shouldn't have made, or they have zero patience, or both.

Totally agree, appointed on his Nationality rather than track record in top level European league football , and you have to give someone a chance to get their ideas across. That said, they have been abject. Either his ideas are awful and the players don't buy into him, or he has been unable to get them playing the way he wants as yet. Trouble is, relegation is big trouble financially, and these foreigners buying into PL clubs with their greedy eyes on Sky's billions don't want that put at risk. Of course changing manager doesn't guarantee staying in the promised land, just see Villa and Newcastle last year

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Giggs is favourite, a massive gamble for him. Would be better off starting in the Championship

it would seem to me pretty unlikely that a club in relgation that just brought in an American manager for the national link with owners would hardly look at untested Giggs. looks liek easy money of your on betfair to lay that bet.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Totally agree, appointed on his Nationality rather than track record in top level European league football , and you have to give someone a chance to get their ideas across. That said, they have been abject. Either his ideas are awful and the players don't buy into him, or he has been unable to get them playing the way he wants as yet. Trouble is, relegation is big trouble financially, and these foreigners buying into PL clubs with their greedy eyes on Sky's billions don't want that put at risk. Of course changing manager doesn't guarantee staying in the promised land, just see Villa and Newcastle last year

All true. Mind you, these managerial decisions are HARD. That's what Delia and Ed said, anyway.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
it would seem to me pretty unlikely that a club in relgation that just brought in an American manager for the national link with owners would hardly look at untested Giggs. looks liek easy money of your on betfair to lay that bet.

Skybet are currently offering:

Alan Pardew 7/4
Ryan Giggs 3/1
Roy Hodgson 4/1
Chris Coleman 5/1
Gary Rowett 6/1
Frank De Boer 11/1
Roberto Martinez 12/1
Jurgen Klinsman 16/1
Alan Curtis 16/1
Chris Hughton 22/1

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Alan Pardew 7/4
Ryan Giggs 3/1
Roy Hodgson 4/1
Chris Coleman 5/1
Gary Rowett 6/1
Frank De Boer 11/1
Roberto Martinez 12/1
Jurgen Klinsman 16/1
Alan Curtis 16/1
Chris Hughton 22/1
If I was a Swansea fan looking at that list, no one stands out as obviously experienced in relegation battles. Should've appointed Big Sam instead of Bob when they had the chance

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Alan Pardew 7/4
Ryan Giggs 3/1
Roy Hodgson 4/1
Chris Coleman 5/1
Gary Rowett 6/1
Frank De Boer 11/1
Roberto Martinez 12/1
Jurgen Klinsman 16/1
Alan Curtis 16/1
Chris Hughton 22/1

An interestingly uninspiring list there. Coleman, Klinsman and Rowett would be interesting. a big gamble but intereisting.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Appoint Pards, hopefully he'll keep them up at the expense of Palace and complete the job he was doing so well.

Sadly Palace will be fine now. Parrish knows when to change a manager.
Hard to look beyond 3 from Sunderland, Hull, Swansea and Burnley for relegation.
Pardew would be a surprise as likes a more expansive game which is not what Swansea need. They need to sort their defence out which Pardew was unable to do at Palace. I would have thought Nigel Pearson would have fitted the bill but perhaps he has blotted his copy book too much now. Still plenty of time to save themselves but can't afford another botched appointment.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Alan Pardew 7/4
Ryan Giggs 3/1
Roy Hodgson 4/1
Chris Coleman 5/1
Gary Rowett 6/1
Frank De Boer 11/1
Roberto Martinez 12/1
Jurgen Klinsman 16/1
Alan Curtis 16/1
Chris Hughton 22/1

Why in God's name is Hughton even on that list? I think bookies just pick random names and offer odds so some muppet places a bet on them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps they should have gone for a Man Utd team on the last appointment ie Giggs and Nevilles but I think that is too much of a risk and I would go for a safe option who knows the club etc Alan Curtis or perhaps as No 2 to Giggs.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Swansea under Huw Jenkins were probably the best run club out there, continued success, great choice of managers. Once they were doing well in the premier league and wanted to make 'the next step' it all started going a bit pear shaped - I don't think any club in the country had a stronger bond between the management and the fans, you wouldn't say that about them now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps they should have gone for a Man Utd team on the last appointment ie Giggs and Nevilles but I think that is too much of a risk and I would go for a safe option who knows the club etc Alan Curtis or perhaps as No 2 to Giggs.

Last time Curtis was caretaker he had one win in 6/7 matches, so no better than Bradley. Maybe they should go for a young manager, that fella at Leeds is doing a decent job?!?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Swansea under Huw Jenkins were probably the best run club out there, continued success, great choice of managers. Once they were doing well in the premier league and wanted to make 'the next step' it all started going a bit pear shaped - I don't think any club in the country had a stronger bond between the management and the fans, you wouldn't say that about them now.

Very true, and they trampled all over the Supporters Trust who had a sizeable stake in the club too. With Sky's billions, you do have to wander why clubs feel the need to go 'to the next step'. Looks to me like just greed on the part of the existing shareholders to cash out their profit. Let's be honest, with the TV money it's hardly like they've got to dip their hands in their own pockets like chairmen in the Championship and below have to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here