Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob Bradley sacked

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
The team is a reflection of it's manager.
The club is a reflection of it's owner.

I think Robster is right.
18 months ago Swansea sold it's soul, and became tinpot overnight.

Harsh on Bradley who never had the chance to bring any of his own players in. That after they'd sold the heart and soul of the team, Ashley Williams, and never properly replaced him. But agree on other point. Swansea had a real identity as a well run club, played their way to the Preimeriship and carried on doing that whilst there with clever managerial appointments. That went when they sold the club. It hasn't worked out for Bradley but I cannot help feel a bit sorry for him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the one hand, it seems harsh to fire somebody that quickly. Then again, if you've watched them at all recently, with exception of the Palace :lolol: game, they've been utterly dire, devoid of any kind of spirit or will to win. My other half is a Jack, so I've usually got a vague awareness of what's going on down there. Bradley has just been stood on the side looking lost during most of their calamitous recent performances. Doesn't look like they've adequately replaced Ashley Williams, and they struggle badly to score goals.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I imagine Gary Rowett to be more astute than going down desperation road(M4). He'll bide his time for a proper appointment.......or take it just for the crack of managing 'abroad'

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd be surprised if Swansea went for Rowett, a man whose managerial experience is limited to Burton and Birmingham. Decent manager, I'm sure, but- particularly when you consider the US owners- might not be enough of a "name" for a Premier League club, even one with such modest aspirations as Swansea.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
At least they waited until after Christmas.. I heard on talk sport the other day Mourino's family sat down for dinner on Christmas day when he was 9 and the phone rang for his dad. They asked who was it and he didn't say, so not to upset their Christmas day dinner. They called to sack him. Bloody harsh in those days cause I bet he didn't get a pay off like they do now!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Whenever I see a photo of Bob Bradley, I always think of Voldermot :wrong:

It was only a week or so ago that I realised that the Swansea manager wasn't Michael Stipes from REM.

And to be fair, Michael Stipes could probably have done a better job.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Didn't take him long to get a new job. He's just turned up on Harry Potter and the Flat Back Four on ITV

lord-voldemort-harry-potter-e1299688683874.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Giggs is favourite, a massive gamble for him. Would be better off starting in the Championship

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hope they don't come calling for Hughton

I think there may be an enquiry at some stage. I'm confident his head won't be turned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here