Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Board meeting today about Hyypia

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If the board think Hyypia is worth keeping after 3 wins in 20 games with us sitting in the bottom 3 and barely any fans have any faith left in Sami then it just comes down to not wanting to pay out the remaining 2 and a half years of his contract because this is crazy.

If the club has accepted that they have failed in servicing Sami with a balanced squad then they are right to stick with him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nothing in Naylors tweets suggests that Sami may not be sacked today.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm really not sure what people are/were expecting today...

1. Hyypia is not going to walk, at least not now.

2. Bloom is highly unlikely to sack Hyypia either today or before the Millwall game. If he was going to be sacked, it would have happened in a quicker timescale, post-Derby, than this. It would not required a formal board meeting to discuss things.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm really not sure what people are/were expecting today...

1. Hyypia is not going to walk, at least not now.

2. Bloom is highly unlikely to sack Hyypia either today or before the Millwall game. If he was going to be sacked, it would have happened in a quicker timescale, post-Derby, than this. It would not required a formal board meeting to discuss things.

Expecting? Nah. More like a forlorn hope really. Your analysis seems pretty reasonable. :nono:

Oct 25, 2003
why can't we be like normal clubs who sack their managers willy-nilly

this is the exact type of situation that demands that kind of trigger happy thinking

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Im starting to wonder if big signings have been promised in the next window?

Cant fathom any other reasons the board is keeping faith?

:down:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I always go to every home game but am now thinking maybe I'll give some a miss.

Getting a season ticket in the late nineties and the Withdean years was a way of supporting the club because we were hand to mouth now it's is different.

There seems to be a disconnect between the fans and the management at all levels and with poor recruitment and strange manager choices I wonder if I can be bothered to rush back from work etc any more.....

50/50 on going to Millwall and will miss two games in Jan through holiday and will probably not bother on a few mid week games all the time Hyppia is there and we seem to persist with the failing recruitment set-up.

Season ticket next year? 50/50 will probably be able to pick and choose where I want to sit each game and those midweek games maybe swerved.

Can't actually believe I feel like this but I know from talking to many others I'm not alone.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I always go to every home game but am now not thinking maybe I'll give some a miss.

Getting a season ticket in the late nighties and the Withdean years was a way of supporting the club because we were hand to mouth now it's is different.

There seems to be a disconnect between the fans and the management at all levels and with poor recruitment and strange manger choices and wonder if I can be bothered to rush back from work etc anymore.....

50/50 on going to Millwall and will miss two games in Jan through holiday and will probably not bother on a few mid week games all the time Hyppia is there and we seem to persist with the failing recruitment setup.

Season ticket next year? 50/50 will probably be able to pick and choose where I want to sit each game and those midweek games maybe swerved.

Can't actually believe I feel like this but I know from talking to many others I'm not alone.

You're not alone.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It's nothing different to what we didn't already know - Sami is not going to walk, or certainly not any time soon.

Why should he, if he believes he can turn it around. It wasn't that long ago that Messrs Allardyce and Pardew were being flayed alive.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Why should he, if he believes he can turn it around. It wasn't that long ago that Messrs Allardyce and Pardew were being flayed alive.

They were, but both managers have achieved several times in their management career and are backed up by a strong coaching set up.

We have Hyppia (utterly inexperienced at Champ level and in management), Jones (second season as a senior squad coach and now assistant) and some Spanish coach who has only coached for a few years.

If they are to stick with him the board need to appoint some experience coaches pronto

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Im starting to wonder if big signings have been promised in the next window?

Cant fathom any other reasons the board is keeping faith?

:down:

That would be an even bigger disaster, Hyypia had shown nothing to suggest he has a clue how to hold a lead or win a game. The players are good enough not to be propping up the division. I really hope the club are not about to give him a big warchest.

How many ways are there to say that "Hyypia is not good enough to manage at this level"?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here