Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Board meeting today about Hyypia

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I assume no one knows what the payout to Hyppia would be if he was sacked. Could that be a deterrent? It bloody shouldn't be but if this year was all about balancing the books could someone still be hoping against hope that Sami will turn it around?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It'll take more than a change of manager to produce more than temporary improvement. Oscar spent last season papering over the cracks. There's plenty of cluelessness, arrogance & complacency going on above the manager

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I assume no one knows what the payout to Hyppia would be if he was sacked. Could that be a deterrent? It bloody shouldn't be but if this year was all about balancing the books could someone still be hoping against hope that Sami will turn it around?

The pay-off will be value, compared to the cost of relegation, but the costs go up when prospective managers put in their transfer window target lists. AND, the football family is now aware of how we operate, so any manager worth their salt will probably only come here conditionally

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I think sammi has had long enough now. Today is the day the board should start to remove him, but I hope it is done respectfully if thats what happens.

I think Burke and Barber are doing a good enough job and hope neither of them get removed. Our scouting department has just had an overhaul so lets see how that goes.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Already think Bloom is showing an extreme amount of arrogance and incompetence over this whole Hyypia stuff.We all know he is out of his depth. If he is still manager by the end of today I will start to believe there is major major problems behind the scenes at this football club.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Already think Bloom is showing an extreme amount of arrogance and incompetence over this whole Hyypia stuff.We all know he is out of his depth. If he is still manager by the end of today I will start to believe there is major major problems behind the scenes at this football club.
I don't think there is a major problem behind the scenes of the club, the only major problem was employing the wrong manager. Might have been different if Hyypia had Sammy Lee as his assistant but that didn't pan out, yes Hyppia is lost in the job however I think the club felt Hyypia / Lee was a good partnership and not Hyypia / Jones.

Totally agree that something has to change and before the January window.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And therein lies the major problem.

Indeed and TBH I could see this from mid September actually. I have seen more than enough Albion games to know when this is happening. Agree September would be too early to pull the triugger but its December now people and we have won ONE game since August.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Typical of how the Albion operate these days, First team matters are in a mess so rather than get a grip of things the chairman decides to sod off to Australia for the winter.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Unless Sami has conceded he needs to go (and let's face it, no-on will know aside from board members at this stage) it's unlikely he'll be forced out following a Board meeting today. If he was on his way, it's more likely TB would have had a word in private yesterday or Sunday.

So, although the large majority are in the 'when' not 'if' camp, I think he'll be in charge against Millwall.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sounds like a regular meeting, if bloom was going to act he would have done it by now, or accepted the alleged resignation letter.....

It's not gonna happen, don't get your hopes up folks.

I can't see Hyypia getting sacked when the chairman isn't here to select or interview his successor.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If he gets sacked that can only be because Tony has already interviewed the replacement, and that doesn't sound likely

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I don't think there is a major problem behind the scenes of the club, the only major problem was employing the wrong manager.

Yep two previous managers walking and the plethora of permanent quality players in our squad signed by our director of football suggest everything is fantastic behind the scenes.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Are there any football people on the board (ie mullary) or is it Tony bloom, his finance people and Paul barber?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can't see Hyypia getting sacked when the chairman isn't here to select or interview his successor.

Apart from a reluctance to pay compensation can anyone on this board give me one sane reason for keeping Hyypia?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sami is here to stay for a lot longer than results or fans suggest. How do I know? Because this is BHA and we don't act with decisiveness on or off the pitch.

Expect him to be here to make all the Jan window purchases people. Then we'll sack him. It's easy to follow Brightons strategy. Just think of the logical thing and then do the opposite. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. I fear 10k will be wiped off the STs next year which will likely include me albeit for different reasons.

There's a great comment on the Argus page about how Sami's position sounds almost like an AOB discussion point at the Board mtg. Have to say I concur.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here