Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom's massive gamble - with our money

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
For Non-STH's for category A games you are looking at around £40 now. As a result this season I will only be attending category C and some B games, but mainly away games. To be fair category C games are decent value, got good seats for £25 v Burnley, but £40 for a football game is a piss take.

I do believe that the pricing is responsible for over 4,000 empty seats today.

Cat A match prices start at £32

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Poyet was a gamble, it paid off but the first season was not all great. It took him a solid pre season to build the all conquering league 1 team. Oscar will get it right, be patient

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
For Non-STH's for category A games you are looking at around £40 now. As a result this season I will only be attending category C and some B games, but mainly away games. To be fair category C games are decent value, got good seats for £25 v Burnley, but £40 for a football game is a piss take.

But if you have attended every game for 8 years, why are you not a STH? If you ARE a STH why care what the non-STH price is if you've already paid?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
But if you have attended every game for 8 years, why are you not a STH? If you ARE a STH why care what the non-STH price is if you've already paid?

I'm certain he hasn't been to every home game for 8 years.

Complains about £40 per game, when the direct debit would be about £40 per month!!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I refer the right honorable gentleman to my earlier answer

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I've got a £25 ticket in the NS for Burnley and a £32 ticket for Millwall in the row below , now can I say the pair has cost me £80+ and get away with it ?

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing

Or the 2000 seats reserved for Derby fans not there and the 2000 families with kids on holiday perhaps....

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Poster has a perfectly good point. It is a massive gamble. Garcia has never played a game in the English league no managed a single game. Poyet has over one hundred games in the Premiership and second in charge at Spurs and Leeds United so Bloom has taken a real punt on this and 3 games, 3 defeats is not exactly encouraging.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I shared a season ticket for the last 2 seasons, but now they have cancelled it, I didn't find anyone to commit to a ST in time, but it's obviously something I'm looking in to.

So you shared a season ticket for 2 years with someone who never went ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Or the 2000 seats reserved for Derby fans not there and the 2000 families with kids on holiday perhaps....

Lets not kid ourselves the gate was between 22000 - 23000 today.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I've got a £25 ticket in the NS for Burnley and a £32 ticket for Millwall in the row below , now can I say the pair has cost me £80+ and get away with it ?

The guy showed how incompetent he was at balance sheet and profit and loss when he claimed he understood accounts when the £8m loss thread was about. Similar issue here to be honest.

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
The Poster has a perfectly good point. It is a massive gamble. Garcia has never played a game in the English league no managed a single game. Poyet has over one hundred games in the Premiership and second in charge at Spurs and Leeds United so Bloom has taken a real punt on this and 3 games, 3 defeats is not exactly encouraging.

Why are people so obsessed with experience of English football? Wenger had none and did okay. Ditto Mourhino. And Chris Coleman's extensive experience in the English game hasn't stopped being be a crap manager. It's just become a cliché, eg - remember OG had no experience of Israeli football and that didn't turn out too bad.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
There were lots of games he couldn't attend, so allowed me to use his tickets for those & the others I bought match day tickets for. It worked out well, sat in every stand & went with lots of different people.

Not that any of this matters?

Well you can't be short of money if you bought half a season ticket then paid full price for the other half (that's assuming you are not lying).

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
and it sure as hell was not 26000 plus, seriously 23000 I would say.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why are people so obsessed with experience of English football? Wenger had none and did okay. Ditto Mourhino. And Chris Coleman's extensive experience in the English game hasn't stopped being be a crap manager. It's just become a cliché, eg - remember OG had no experience of Israeli football and that didn't turn out too bad.

How hard is the Israel league ? The Championship is the 5th biggest and toughest league in the World. Garcia may work out but it is a massive punt.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
For Non-STH's for category A games you are looking at around £40 now. As a result this season I will only be attending category C and some B games, but mainly away games.

you complain about £40 but will pay travel to an away game which would make any matchday more expensive? :facepalm::stupid:

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
How hard is the Israel league ? The Championship is the 5th biggest and toughest league in the World. Garcia may work out but it is a massive punt.

What about Wenger, Mourinho, Coleman? There seems to be VERY little correlation between experience of English football and the ability to be a successful manager in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here