Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom's massive gamble - with our money

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair enough but for me I still cannot see he did anything to warrant the gross misconduct charge and he was the second best manager BHAFC have ever had in my 40 years of supporting them. Also just because someone has a shitload of money it does not mean they are infallible, never make a bad call and their shit smells of roses. Bloom is a Human Being not some sort of Superhero. What next The Dark Knight V Tony Bloom ? Love the guy for delivering Falmer but I worry about the trend on here that he can never get anything wrong.
So basically you're desperately looking for something Tony has done wrong, and are prepared to go all in against OG, to prove your point, on the basis of 90 minutes of football.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So basically you're desperately looking for something Tony has done wrong, and are prepared to go all in against OG, to prove your point, on the basis of 90 minutes of football.

The whole debacle of the Summer has left a sour taste in my mouth and lots of people feel this way. The club has been damaged badly by this. Respect has been lost within the football community. There is no logic in the appointment of Garcia other than we had better get someone in quick after 7 weeks of fannying around and all this to avoid paying Poyet off and moving on. It is a big call by the club and as none of us knows what exactly he, Tanno or Oatway are supposed to have done questions will be asked especially when binning one of the most successful management teams this club has ever had. The impending court case may answer this when all the dirty laundry will be aired.

Feb 14, 2010
No we wouldn't, because one tried and tested goal scorer can't score goals when he hasn't got the ball, or is alone and surrounded by opposition defenders.

Rubbish. CMS and Barnes make Kevin Bremner look like a clinical finishers. They missed one on one after chance after one on one after chance for most of last season.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No we wouldn't, because one tried and tested goal scorer can't score goals when he hasn't got the ball, or is alone and surrounded by opposition defenders.

Rubbish. CMS and Barnes make Kevin Bremner look like a clinical finishers. They missed one on one after chance after one on one after chance for most of last season.

Now that I can agree with.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The whole debacle of the Summer has left a sour taste in my mouth and lots of people feel this way. The club has been damaged badly by this. Respect has been lost within the football community. There is no logic in the appointment of Garcia other than we had better get someone in quick after 7 weeks of fannying around and all this to avoid paying Poyet off and moving on. It is a big call by the club and as none of us knows what exactly he, Tanno or Oatway are supposed to have done questions will be asked especially when binning one of the most successful management teams this club has ever had. The impending court case may answer this when all the dirty laundry will be aired.
So none of us knows what exactly he, Tanno or Oatway are supposed to have done but Respect has been lost within the football community, respect for whom.

We don't know what went on so how can the club (TB) lose respect?

No logic in appointing a Spanish man, Barcelona player, coach, manager, league winning manager in Israel, into a Spanish influenced English second division side.
How much more logic do you need to give the bloke more than a 90 minute chance?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My opinion counts for Jack. Just saying what I see and hear. The gloss has worn off. I have a spare ticket for the next 2 home games and I literally cannot give them away.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

All the while no other striker in the country missed any chances.

I'd say Orlandi missed more 'easy' chances than anyone else in the club, last season.
CMS playing as a lone forward in a side with 2 defensive midfielder, and a holding defensive left winger was never going to score, because he had nobody in the same half as himself.
I'm the only person who is ambivalent about Barnes.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My opinion counts for Jack. Just saying what I see and hear. The gloss has worn off. I have a spare ticket for the next 2 home games and I literally cannot give them away.
Maybe people just don't want to sit next to you, while trying to be entertained at the football.

Come Dec and we're going to hell in a hand cart, then I'll be throwing my toys out of the pram too.
I'll happily congratulate you for being right from the beginning.

But right here right now, we have a new highly qualified, exciting, manager molding his team.
He deserves the time to do the job.

If he does EVERYTHING else will either fall into place or be forgotten.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Maybe people just don't want to sit next to you, while trying to be entertained at the football.

Come Dec and we're going to hell in a hand cart, then I'll be throwing my toys out of the pram too.
I'll happily congratulate you for being right from the beginning.

But right here right now, we have a new highly qualified, exciting, manager molding his team.
He deserves the time to do the job.

If he does EVERYTHING else will either fall into place or be forgotten.

Lol. The 2 tickets come as a package. I will not be there.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Fair enough but for me I still cannot see he did anything to warrant the gross misconduct charge and he was the second best manager BHAFC have ever had in my 40 years of supporting them. Also just because someone has a shitload of money it does not mean they are infallible, never make a bad call and their shit smells of roses. Bloom is a Human Being not some sort of Superhero. What next The Dark Knight V Tony Bloom ? Love the guy for delivering Falmer but I worry about the trend on here that he can never get anything wrong.

The reason you cannot see he did anything to warrant a gross misconduct charge, is that you (along with 99.9% of everyone else) don't know what ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

The fact that it's all gone very quiet would suggest Poyet's legal team are struggling to find grounds for further appeal.

I loved Gus Poyet for what he did, delivering Championship football to coincide with Falmer but I will never forgive him for failing to adequately prepare the players for May 13th 2013. I wish him well wherever he ends up but ultimately he is no longer our manager and we owe Garcia a bit more time before we start calling for his head.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The reason you cannot see he did anything to warrant a gross misconduct charge, is that you (along with 99.9% of everyone else) don't know what ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

That is the whole point. It aint going away anytime soon.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Probably because you are 1. Not an employment lawyer and 2. because you, like me, have no idea why he was found in breach of contract. As for "he cant do anything wrong" then you ask the wrong question. Ask who would do more right. Now stop your fooking moaning.

Who gives a poo about the bbc? There are already tossers on here who call themselves supporters with just about as much loyalty toward BHA as Poyet did. There are not many whose history with the club go back as far as mine (that's not a boast, it's a sign of advanced old age) And there's one thing above all else that makes me proud to be a Seagull it's not nearly winning the FA Cup, or our time in the top league. But how the real supporters hung on to a dream when we were sold down the river. I suggest the malcontents feck off to Man Utd and hunt pots. For most true supporters who like their side to win we know there will be times we have a smile on our faces again. Back to my pipe and slippers now :rolleyes:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The whole debacle of the Summer has left a sour taste in my mouth and lots of people feel this way. The club has been damaged badly by this. Respect has been lost within the football community.

says who? says you. have you been moonlighting as a member of the football managment/coaching/agent fraternity to know this? or are you just randomly speculating because you think it might have looked bad, on the basis it was different. does West Ham lost respect in football due to the way Curbishley left, which wasnt entirely unsimilar (i dont know, maybe they are, but seem to be doing OK either way).

no one can pretend Garcia is a risk, but there's plenty of logic to appointing a manager who was/is expected to become a Barca coach. it certainly doesnt look like an emergency appointment given the risk, it was a calculated move.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
"But right here right now, we have a new highly qualified, exciting, manager molding his team.
He deserves the time to do the job."

Exactly. Trust in the club to have made the right decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here